Old 09-26-2007, 06:53 AM   #3251
RoseFairy
1st Leg of the Journey

Hello everyone. I'm a new knitter. I just started learning about a week ago. I'm still getting the basics down. I'm still knitting my first object, a square (apparently a huge one, it's 14" across in knit sitch) It will hopefully be added together with other squares to make a blanket, though, I may run out of yarn for 2 squares of the same color. The yarn is from a pack of skeins of random colors that I bought possibly 4-6 years ago.

I've wanted to learn to knit for a long time now (obviously by my purchase of a pack of yarn), and I tried to learn from books but they confused me and I kept giving up. But last week I found someone from work that knows how to knit and she's teaching me now

I found this site the other day and I'm happy since if I ever get stuck, or lose confidence I'm hoping that I can come here for advice. And some reassurace at times. Sorry for rambling on. I hope that I can get along with everyone.
RoseFairy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #3252
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to the Forum. If you want to see some interesting combinations of yarns, take a look at some of the odd ball charity afghans in the Charity Knitting forum. The seeming randomness makes them really beautiful and interesting. So don't be afraid to mix it up.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:48 PM   #3253
moody
Casting On

Another Newbie!
Hello,
My name is Tonya! I am completely new to knitting, but want to give it a try to make my 6mt old some pants for this winter! I look forward to chatting and learning with you!

Tonya
moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:54 PM   #3254
marcelaquintana
Casting On

Hi this is Marcela from Portland OR does somebody know how to join in the round after you cast stitches in circular needles?
Please help
marcelaquintana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:06 PM   #3255
hortonx5
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via Yahoo to hortonx5
Hello everyone!
Hello, I've been knitting for about five years now. My mom tried to show me when I was a teenager, but it just didn't stick. So I taught myself by using a book...that was the English method. I didn't knit anything for about two years, and when I decided to start again I couldn't remember how to cast on. I came across knittinghelp.com and learned to knit Continental (since I couldn't remember how I'd done it before anyway, lol). I think Continental makes more sense...at least to me.

To introduce myself, my name is Cindy and I live in West Virginia. I've been married to Jon for eight years, and we have two sons. Nicholas is six and James is three. I'm expecting our third son sometime in January. We plan to name him Robert unless something else wonderful comes to mind.

I always knit things for the kids, I've never done anything for myself or my husband. I knit numerous wool soakers for James when he was a baby, and I've started doing the same for Robert. I like to knit in the round when possible since purling is so slow for me.

Currently I have four projects going. On circs, I'm doing a pair of wool longies for the baby and a wool wet bag for his dirty diapers when we're out (we use cloth). On straights, I'm doing a sweater for James and a diaper bag for the baby. The things on the straights are going sooo slow! I wish I could speed it up somehow. The sweater is the first I've ever attempted, so I'm hoping it will turn out well and wearable.

I have a question about the sweater pattern, which is the main (okay, only) reason I joiend the forums. So I'll head over to the questions area and ask...

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Cindy in WV
hortonx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:30 PM   #3256
alida
Casting On

vw hat
Hello everybody, I just found this website last night and am thrilled I did...I'm a beginner knitter and always stayed away from more complicated projects because I didn't know certain stitches and many other things. Now with the videos, I feel more confident to tackle more projects. So, thank you. QUESTION: On the vw hat, I'm using worsted acrylic as suggested but when doing the logo the directions call for 2 strands of Paton's white twinkle...I have worsted white yarn for logo, medium (4), should I use 1 strand or 2 when doing logo?
alida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:50 PM   #3257
iknitter
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to iknitter
I'm a newish knitter, I love making hats and am about to cast on my first baby hat! I'm also looking for a good knitting group in Chicago, any suggestions?
iknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:16 PM   #3258
losnana
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by marcelaquintana View Post
Hi this is Marcela from Portland OR does somebody know how to join in the round after you cast stitches in circular needles?
Please help
Check out amy's videos on this forum: the Advanced Tab at the top of this page.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:08 AM   #3259
Fuseila
Casting On

Introducing myself
Hi everybody, I am a knitter from Spain and I am really glad I found you.
I would say I am a beginner knitter because I had not knit for 20 years until I started again this past February. I used to do incredible things 20 years ago but now I am back to the basics.
I hope to get to know all of you better.

Laura
Fuseila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:13 PM   #3260
cassie
Casting On

Just joined.
My name is cassie and I have just joined "the club." I have been knitting for years and I like to try new patterns. I have come across on that I can't quite figure out. The quilted lattice stitch. In the pattern you have to "k4, insert needle under loose strand and knit next stitch, bringing stitch out under strand; k5". The url for the pattern www.knittingfool.com. Can anyone help!!!
cassie is offline   Reply With Quote