Old 10-05-2007, 11:48 AM   #3311
FiberFan
Casting On

Hi everone,
I have been using this site for awhile now. I started knitting two years ago and any time I run into something new this site always has the answer. I will soon be teaching a knitting class at the local community college and I am sure my students will find this site a great resource.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-05-2007, 12:19 PM   #3312
sharjm5@verizon.net
Casting On

peteysgirl
How many stitches do you work in each row? Is it possible that the cable could be P2, k4, p2? (that's your 8 stitches), but I need to know more.

Shar
sharjm5@verizon.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:31 PM   #3313
ladyjessica
Knitting the Flap

Hats, Afghans, and Stockings, oh my...
Wow. I've been to this site before but I never realized there was a forum attached to it. I guess I should pay more attention. I've been knitting for about 4 years and I'm kind of starting to crochet a little bit (Knitting is still my preference, though). I'm really looking forward to meeting other knitters and getting some much needed help at times.

Last edited by ladyjessica : 10-05-2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Left out information
ladyjessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:52 PM   #3314
risala
Casting On

Greetings!
Just wanted to introduce myself - lurked here on occasion and decided to join.

I've been knitting for about 4 years - I learned as a little girl (like so many of us!) but didn't stick with it. I picked it back up at 22 years old and never looked back!

My favorite things to knit are socks, glittens, and any kind of toddler/baby items. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that I don't love knitting sweaters for myself.

Anyway, hello to everyone and looking forward to meeting you!
risala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:28 PM   #3315
imsausy
Casting On

Just found this site. Wow!
I am from Toronto, ON and have been knitting since the age of 10. So after (lol) years of knitting, one would think I know what I am doing. Nope. Still making mistakes, actually I think I was a lot better as a young one.

Perhaps I will find out via this site, what I have been doing wrong that just makes my projects turn out kinda sloppy.

Right now however I am looking for a hat pattern worked on circular needles.

I am off to explore..... I look forward to meeting u and gaining some useful tips in the near future.
Take care
imsausy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:29 PM   #3316
Marj
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi, my name is Marjorie. That ID was taken so I am using my nickname, Marj.

I've been lurking here for a year now but have finally decided to join. I and a single woman and will be 47 in a couple of weeks. I discoverd this site September of last year when I decided to try knitting again.

My older sister had taught me to knit & crochet when I was around 15 but I never got the hang of casting on so I stuck to crocheting. I've been crocheting ever since.

I found this site while looking for casting on videos since I just wasn't getting the hang of the instructions for the long-tail cast-on from books. I've been lurking here ever since.

This sitte has helped me with my knitting a whole lot. I love the videos. Thanks Amy.

I could go on and on but I won't. for now.
Marj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 06:11 AM   #3317
alatheacassia
Casting On

Hello, my name is Mia, I am from Kansas but currently stationed in Japan with my husband and two sons. I am sooo glad to have found your website, I have been interested in trying knitting for a long time. I really don't know where to start, but there is lots of information here on the website. Any help would still be appreciated though.
alatheacassia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:12 PM   #3318
LilyB
Casting On

Hello Everyone:

I am a new to knitting and looking for help to move beyond scarves and simple
caps. I have more now than I know what to do with. I do not have the courage to give them as gifts yet because most look like they were purchased from the dollar store.

I live in Baton Rouge and have not found a knitting group to join but I am looking. I look forward to learning from all the members of this forum and hopefully one day be able to share with someone who is in the novice position that I am today.

Thanks for being here.

LilyB
LilyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:03 PM   #3319
Lorien
Casting On

Newbie!
Dear all,

I am a new knitter and really loving it - find it creative, therapeutic, maddening at times, and just plain fun!

My biggest issue is still reading and deciphering patterns. Along those lines, I have two burning questions. On a current project, the pattern says to "purl into the back of the stitch" - I tried this and the result was odd looking so I think I may have done it wrong. Can someone tell me how to purl into the back of a stitch?

Second, on a buttonhole area, the pattern said to cast off three stitches (to form the buttonhole area). I did this with no problem BUT then the next row said to "cast on" three stitches over the prior "hole" area. I have NEVER cast on in mid work - only at the beginning of a knitted piece. How do you do this in the middle of a work? Do you simply make a slip knot and place it on the needle in your right hand?

Thanks for any help with this fellow knitters.

Lorien
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:20 PM   #3320
CognizantAmiga
1st Leg of the Journey

Hello to all!

I am excited to be learning to knit and crochet. I have been going at it for about a month now and seem to be getting it. I am almost finished with a very simple scarf. I came looking for help and I have found it here. Just a little about me (in case anyone reads this ) I am a 31 year old mother of two young children. I live in TN and enjoy many kinds of crafting (I am seriously wondering what in the world I am doing getting into another one!)

Well that is about me. Looking forward to being involved.

CognizantAmiga is offline   Reply With Quote