Old 10-07-2007, 10:02 AM   #3321
jenlee
Ribbing the Cuff

knitter from michigan
Hi I 've been knitting for about three years now and love it .
I taught myself after a girl at work started selling fun fur scarfs for 25 dollars & I thought I could figure out how to do that ,so thats how I started. I have looked at this site for awhile now and think its wonderful its really helped me out at times with the vidios or reading the forums to see if someone has the :same questions I do .Thanks:
jenlee is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-07-2007, 01:14 PM   #3322
SURAH
Casting On

Greetings,
Thanks for being here to help wth my questions.
Suhra from Albany, New York.
SURAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:18 PM   #3323
WildAnimus
Casting On

Hiya!
Hello everyone!

My name is Tanya. I recently started knitting again after a year hiatus due to many life changes and learning other crafts. But I'm back, baby!

I love knitting (duh), particularly anything that involves cables or lace. I also love knitting in one color. Even though I've been knitting for about 2-3 years, I've been way too scared to try fair isle or intarsia.

By the way, I used to visit these forums and lurk around a couple of years ago and I can't believe all the changes. It looks amazing around here.

Tanya

My Awesome Blog
WildAnimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #3324
Pegasus97030
Casting On

Hi Everyone!
I am fairly new to knitting and am teaching myself as I go along. I have only created a couple of "things", but want to do so much more. I have a couple of projects I want to accomplish and knew I would have questions as I went along, so I thought I would join this group cuz I heard it was the greatest place to go, and with lots and lots of support, from people just like me. I can hardly wait to get started! Thanks for having a place for people like me to go to....
~K~
Pegasus97030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:59 PM   #3325
Panda
Casting On

Hi! Glad to see a knitting site. :D I love pandas, and am searching for some new panda patterns!
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:40 PM   #3326
sugarfunpouch
Knitting the Flap

Welcome everyone!
Obama is my candidate for the election!
sugarfunpouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:43 AM   #3327
leebar964
Casting On

Hello, I am new here
Hello everyone! My name is Lee and I have been interested in fibers for a long time. I crochet, knit and now I am spinning. Looking forward to sharing with you all!
Lee
leebar964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:00 AM   #3328
Rhosyn
Casting On

Another Newbie :)
Hi everyone! Just found this website and I'm so thankful!

I decided to learn to knit last winter and made a cute little scarf for my son. I had attempted to make a lovely scarf for myself as well, but chose the "stockinette" stitch and ended up with a tube.. lol. So, I gave it up for awhile but now I'm back and committed to learning this!

Right now, I'm working with practice projects - squares and such with different kinds of stitches. I saw a pattern online for a little christmas tree ornament and I'd love to make some of those but didn't understand the shorthand used in the directions, heh. I have so much to learn!

Thanks for having this fantastic website!
Rhosyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:27 AM   #3329
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
Dear all,

I am a new knitter and really loving it - find it creative, therapeutic, maddening at times, and just plain fun!

My biggest issue is still reading and deciphering patterns. Along those lines, I have two burning questions. On a current project, the pattern says to "purl into the back of the stitch" - I tried this and the result was odd looking so I think I may have done it wrong. Can someone tell me how to purl into the back of a stitch?

Second, on a buttonhole area, the pattern said to cast off three stitches (to form the buttonhole area). I did this with no problem BUT then the next row said to "cast on" three stitches over the prior "hole" area. I have NEVER cast on in mid work - only at the beginning of a knitted piece. How do you do this in the middle of a work? Do you simply make a slip knot and place it on the needle in your right hand?

Thanks for any help with this fellow knitters.

Lorien
Hi Lorien, welcome to the forum. There is a video on how to purl through the back loop. http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...ons_explained/

Second, you can cast on in the middle of the work by doing a backward loop cast on shown in this video
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...ques/index.php
Old 10-08-2007, 11:31 AM   #3330
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to all of our new members Please feel free to bounce around. Some areas that are particularly helpful for questions in the How to forum as well as the video sections. There are also many videos in the glossary section.