Old 12-17-2007, 10:00 PM   #3731
treehugger14
Ribbing the Cuff

Hola! I'm new here. Just to let you all know. I love to knit and I love to read, especially Harry Potter. Peace.

I say, "First of all, tis not a waste of time. Second, I do it because I can. Can you knit?"

treehugger14 on ravelry!!!!
www.twilightfansunite.forumotion.com
treehugger14 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-18-2007, 12:47 AM   #3732
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Harry Potter is COOL!
My hubby and I both enjoy reading those books.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:16 AM   #3733
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Originally Posted by treehugger14 View Post
Hola! I'm new here. Just to let you all know. I love to knit and I love to read, especially Harry Potter. Peace.
Well hi there treehugger! I love tree huggers! And dog lovers!
Welcome to our Forum! We are so happy to have you on board! I look forward to hearing from you in the different Forum subjects (called "threads")! Don't be shy about sharing your latest knitted porjects with us in the category called WHATCHA KNITTING. No matter how small the project is, if it is important to you, it is special to us, too!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:48 PM   #3734
Boo86bel
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to Boo86bel
New Knitter
Hello all. My name is Bekky and I'm a young knitter from Northern Wisconsin. At present I really only know how to knit rectangles. lol I did however, finish a hat the other night from a pattern I looked up on this site. So thanks! ^_^ I look forward to learning all sorts of helpful knitting things here! Have a great day everyone!
Boo86bel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:09 PM   #3735
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Boo86bel View Post
Hello all. My name is Bekky and I'm a young knitter from Northern Wisconsin. At present I really only know how to knit rectangles. lol I did however, finish a hat the other night from a pattern I looked up on this site. So thanks! ^_^ I look forward to learning all sorts of helpful knitting things here! Have a great day everyone!
Hi'ya Bekky!

You are amazing! You should be very proud of yourself for taking the initiative to learn about hats...and then actually finishing your first hat! Wow! I see great things for you!

We are very happy to have you with us here at KH! Don't be shy about posting photos of your hat in our WHATCHA KNITTING section! All you need is access to a digital camera. If you need any help learning how to put a photo of your hat (or anything else) into a post...let me know, or let anyone know! We are happy to help!

Group hug!

Artlady at Rav
Old 12-18-2007, 10:54 PM   #3736
3020me
Casting On

hello
Iam new to this site. I began knitting many years ago and then left knitting to complete my accounting degree. I am now getting back to knitting since becomming a grandmother for the 4th time. I appreciate all the help I can get as there are many tips that I do not know.
3020me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:19 PM   #3737
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Welcome to KH everyone!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:38 AM   #3738
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by 3020me View Post
Iam new to this site. I began knitting many years ago and then left knitting to complete my accounting degree. I am now getting back to knitting since becomming a grandmother for the 4th time. I appreciate all the help I can get as there are many tips that I do not know.
Hi 3020me! WELCOME!

I did almost the same thing! I learned to knit in about 1970...knitted for several years...then when the babies and subsequent part-time jobs came along...knitting became a distant long-lost love. I sewed for the kids mostly, and crosstitched for a few years, too. BUT, when the grandbabies started piling on board...I started knitting again. Baby blankies, baby hats, baby booties, baby sweaters, baby-anything! This rekindled my zeal for knitting. Now, all of our 5 kids are grown, married, and having babies of their own. I don't sew or crosstitich at all anymore. I knit, knit, knit!

I, too, have learned many new techniques from Amy's videos! It has really helped me "tweak" and "fine tune" my knitting skills. However, when compared to the world of knitting at large, I feel like a kindergartner! It is humbling to read the roster of knitting classes at events like Stitches West! I don't have a clue what most of it is!

Anyway, I am happy in my own little world of knitting! What I knit, I knit well!

We are so happy that you have joined our knitting family here at KH! Please don't feel shy about posting photos of your projects in the Whatcha Knitting section! We love to applaud all projects! It is truly inspiring. Well, and that is the main reason I had so many OTN's and WIP's this past year! Viewing what others are doing...I get myself all inspired to jump on board and knit the same thing! Sigh. My goal right now is to get all my OTN's (aka "On the Needles") done! I am about there!

Hugs from all!

Artlady at Rav
Old 12-19-2007, 03:09 PM   #3739
knightknitter
Casting On

Hello knitters!

i've just recently taken up the needles as a hobby to occupy myself in between my study. I'm currently doing at BA in English Literature - and have a passion in Victoriana, particularly the Victorian arts and literature scene. I love the idea of knitting my own garments for both myself and to give as gifts to my unsuspecting victims - ahem, i mean *friends* My ambition is to be able to knit a really chunky jumper, although i'm starting out with simple scarves at the moment.

Hope to get you to know you all soon!

Peter
knightknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #3740
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Welcome to KH!!!

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote