Old 01-19-2008, 10:55 PM   #4011
nykoto
Casting On

Hi all! I am a former MIA knitter. Thanks for reminding me that I have been gone so many times. I was on when I had a job that required only phone answering. Now, new baby, college degree, elementary teacher, new dh. So, baby able to entertain self for a few watched over minutes. I might be able to get some knitting done without worrying about kneedles. LOL
nykoto is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-19-2008, 11:40 PM   #4012
Puddiwop
Casting On

Thanks for the great site.
Hello Everyone;
I wanted to take this time to thank you for such a great site. I started crocheting about 2 monthes ago because, that is what I already knew how to do. So about a month ago I decided to get into knitting. My mom had taught me when I was a young girl. (That was quite some time ago ) But I only knew 1 basic stitch. I always wanted to know how to at least do a perl stitch. Since I decided, I have bought 3 books to teach me how. Needless to say, there was no success with that. . I was going to join a class at the local craft store but, with my work schedule, that wasn't going to happen either. I happen to stumble upon this site lask week at work and could not believe what I found. I have learned to do a perl stitch and a couple of other stitches by watching your demos I'm going to make something since i'll be having a long weekend.
Again Thanks and I look forward to talking to you all

A great garment is knitted,
1 thread at a time!!!!!
Puddiwop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:27 AM   #4013
spalmer16
Casting On

I am new to the Knitting Forum. I'm addicted to knitting socks. I've made dozens for friends, and am just now making them for myself. Any sock knitters out there?
spalmer16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #4014
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Hi there! Yes, there are many sockknitters here (though I'm not one of them). Just cruise through the forums and you'll find quite a few threads on socks.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:12 PM   #4015
karenkgk
Casting On

Hello and Phlustered in Phoenix
Hi there. I'm a relatively new knitter and today I've had a brain meltdown....I put my project down in the middle of the row and cannot remember whether I am knitting or purling.. I knit/purl the Continental method so my yarn is always coming from my left hand....I know which side is which also...but I'm just confused. I have a little cold today so maybe that's it....but wanted to work on this wrap for one of my twin daughters (while I had this down time from my sniffle) - who is shivering in college in Cincinatti! I finished the first one for my other daughter last week....and you know 'fair is fair' when it comes to twins!

Can someone please, please help me....Thanks a bunch.....Phlustered in Phoenix!
karenkgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:28 PM   #4016
sandimac
Casting On

Originally Posted by AKNIT View Post
Hi Amy,

I just registered and can't figure out how to get on the introduce yourself thread and say HI!! YOur site looks great and as a new knitter it could really help if I knew how to use the site. I am on dial-up so things go slow. Can you direct me? Thank you!!
I'm having the same problem, this, I'm sure will a fun and helpful site, if I can figure it out.
sandimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:41 PM   #4017
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Originally Posted by karenkgk View Post
Hi there. I'm a relatively new knitter and today I've had a brain meltdown....I put my project down in the middle of the row and cannot remember whether I am knitting or purling.. I knit/purl the Continental method so my yarn is always coming from my left hand....I know which side is which also...but I'm just confused. I have a little cold today so maybe that's it....but wanted to work on this wrap for one of my twin daughters (while I had this down time from my sniffle) - who is shivering in college in Cincinatti! I finished the first one for my other daughter last week....and you know 'fair is fair' when it comes to twins!

Can someone please, please help me....Thanks a bunch.....Phlustered in Phoenix!
Hi Karen. You can ask questions like this in General Knitting or How To, but I'll answer here anyway. Doesn't matter which hand the yarn is held in; in the middle of a row or when knitting in the round, the yarn will be on the right needle. At the end of a row, the yarn comes off the left needle, then when you start the row, the new stitches and the yarn will be on the right needle.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:02 PM   #4018
sandimac
Casting On

Hi, I'm Sandi from Virginia. Haven't been knitting very long. But I sure am enjoying it. Glad to find this website!!
sandimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #4019
knitter819
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi there, I am new. Just wanted to say this looks like an awesome site. I am just a beginner, so I bet I can get a lot of tips from all the friendly people here
knitter819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:38 PM   #4020
jul1511
Casting On

Hi Everyone. I'm a newbe to knitting and computers! I knitted dishcloths years ago but now really would like to move up to sweaters.shawls,etc. I'm trying to knit a shawl from one of Knitting Help free patterns. I'm using Bernat Cashmere Natural Blend Yarn. I'm supposed to use a bigger knitting needles but I have trouble keeping all sts on those needles so I use smaller ones. Don't know yet how it will look. I have alot to learn. Happy to become a part of this friendly bunch.
Talk to you all later. Linda.
jul1511 is offline   Reply With Quote