Old 01-22-2008, 12:20 AM   #4031
gaylea
Casting On

Hello everyone
Just wanted to introduce myself before I start asking too many questions. I am a nana of 3 great little grands ages 11, 10 and 9. Two girls and a boy. I have been knitting scarves for several years, but always take the chicken way out by using only one color fantastic yarn. Now I want to knit one in black and gold for my husband's college colors and I can't figure out how to alternate the rows. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
gaylea is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-22-2008, 01:16 AM   #4032
HolyCrapLiz
Casting On

Awesome site. Thank you so much!
HolyCrapLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:29 AM   #4033
starlighthawaii
Casting On

hello!
Hi! I thought I should introduce myself! I'm Chanda, mama to 2 boys, living in Hawaii. I stumbled upon the site when searching for instx for bar increases. Found the video help; it saved the day!!! I've been knitting for 2 years now; mostly baby stuff (and shawls!) - just finished a baby sweater. Finally going out on a limb and knitting stuff for myself. Aloha!
starlighthawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:56 PM   #4034
OHmom
Casting On

I am Angie, a newbie knitter but already addicted! I started knitting over Christmas and have found it to be very relaxing. This site is great, love the video tutorials.
OHmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:39 PM   #4035
Beaknit
Casting On

Let me introduce myself
Hi,

I just found this site and registered yesterday. This is my first time actually on a forum page. I haven't even had time to read any of the posts. I am really looking forward to it. I have knit for more many years and love to continually explore and learn new things. I live in North Dakota (knitted items are more than a luxury here, they are essential). My children are grown and live out of state, so it is just me, the loving husband, and the dogs. Never enough time to knit, is there ever!

That's all for now.

Beaknit
Beaknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #4036
Wildfire
Ribbing the Cuff

Hyperactive Knitter
Hello everyone! I've been visiting this site for at least a year now and have been knitting for over a year. I have been crocheting since I was about 16 and I thought that since I've been visiting this site for so long that it was about time that I actually introduce myself.

So far, since teaching myself how to knit, I've made several baby socks - one Super Mario Sweater for a 2 yr. old - and several several scarves. I am currently working on a sweater for my fiance and a pair of socks for him as well. I have been blogging for some time, but I haven't made a knitting blog which I would love to do. I look forward to interacting with several of you as I love seeing what others are working on and just plain seeing awsome creativity at work. You guys rock! By the way, this site helped me to learn more about knitting than any of those so-called specific teaching books ever did.

Silence is golden; duct tape is silver
I am Wildfire on Ravelry
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:26 PM   #4037
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to all the newcomers.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:23 PM   #4038
winblown
Ribbing the Cuff

Hello ;)
Hi all,
I am very new to knitting (thanks to this site) and of course have questions. I have read through several posts and see what nice helpfull people you all are.

I am a stay at home mom of two boys 12 and 9. I learned to knit just after the new year (so ummm 3 weeks ago lol) and completed a scarf for my husband (it has holes and increases and decreases that I have NO idea how they got there, but hey, once its on no one can tell LOL )
This scarf was practice for a baby blanket I want to make for my sisters first baby which is causing me angst...the blanket that is, not the baby. I look forward to getting to know you...
winblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:52 PM   #4039
Spice
Casting On

Hi,

I am a relatively new knitter. I've been knitting since 10/2007. Knitting has replaced playing World of Warcraft as my relaxation. I still play but knitting is much more productive...when it goes right. .

I live in Atlanta, Georgia and enjoy other creative outlets including altered books, collage, and mixed media artwork. I also sew. What I don't have is enough hours in the day to work, be a mom, and play. Oh well.

Spice
Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:44 AM   #4040
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
Welcome new KHers!

Originally Posted by gaylea View Post
Now I want to knit one in black and gold for my husband's college colors and I can't figure out how to alternate the rows. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Here is a page that describes how to knit stripes of different colors. Good luck!
http://knitting.about.com/od/knittin.../p/stripes.htm
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote