Old 09-06-2008, 09:50 AM   #4931
emhr3
Casting On

thanks
Wow! What a great site, I hope I'm posting this in the right place, I'm fairly new to computers too.

I'm searching for simple patterns to crochet hats, mittens, maybe some socks or slippers, things to keep orphans warm in Afghanistan and other cold areas in the war zone. I send things over for the troops to hand out to people in need. I collected a lot of donated yarn scraps from a few people including one GREAT lady who also sent me to this site. I've crocheted a lot of simple things (blankets and scarves) but this other stuff is new to me, so far 4 hats down but I need patterns patterns patterns - so I plan to do a lot of looking around on this site.

Thanks for the site and the welcome!
My name is Eileen and I'm in Minnesota and am very happy to be here.
God Bless!
emhr3 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #4932
RebaWoosley
Casting On

I'm a so-so knitter who loves to find new patterns and try them out. I also crochet and love this site!
RebaWoosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:01 PM   #4933
AshleyBelle
Casting On

Hello! I'm knew to knitting, and super excited to get started! This website is AMAZING and has been such a tremendous help!!!

I have three children, two still in cloth diapers I'm hoping to start knitting wool longies and soakers for them soon, and can't wait to get going
AshleyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #4934
reggre
Casting On

Hello
Hi, I decided to join the knittinghelp forum after I viewed the videos on casting on. I didn't know of these ways of casting on and am so happy I found this site. I'm a novice who doesn't seem to have time to knit, crochet, sew, be a mom and wife, work, etc... you get the picture? Nevertheless, I'm happy and still very much content.
reggre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #4935
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
A warm welcome from all of us!!! We look forward to your friendship, and hope we can continue to be of service to you!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:41 PM   #4936
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome, new KHers!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #4937
Defarge666
Casting On

Hi from Consecon Ontario, the cultural hub of the Western World! My main interest is in charity knitting and what is needed in our specific area - even 'cultural hubs' need stuff. I have been knitting for more than 60 years which seems impossible because I can't be that old! thanks for letting me join.
Defarge666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:34 PM   #4938
MainelyKnitting
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via Yahoo to MainelyKnitting
WELCOME EVERYONE!

I am fairly new here too and hope you enjoy the site as much as I do.

Sit back and enjoy!

My BLOG
MainelyKnitting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #4939
JustAFloridaGirl
1st Leg of the Journey

Hello, my name is Mariel. I'm (obviously) from Florida but my husband and I recently moved to Utah. I know a few basics of knitting and really only know how to make one thing, my mom calls them "doe shoes" I call them slippers. I learned how to make them from her, and she learned how to make them from my grandmother (who could out craft/cook/sew Martha Stewart any day!) so it's one of those things that's been handed down. Well, that's all fine and good but I want to know how to make other things! Hence how I found this site, I've been trying to increase my knowledge of knitting and this site, so far, has been a wealth of information.

Hmm, what else? I have a B.A. in English Literature and love to write. I dabble in sewing. I LOVE to cook and bake. No children yet. Well, I guess that's about it, lol! I look forward to having fun on this site.
JustAFloridaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #4940
Krista
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to Krista
Hi! I'm new to the site and knitting
I've been knitting for about 7 days now. Haven't actually done a project yet but I'm practicing the knitting and done a couple rows of purls. Took me forever to figure out the knit stitch, but I'm improving :D. I got some books from the library today so I'm going to start on a dishrag that doesn't look to complicated :D Atleast it says beginner.

I've practiced binding off as well but not sure what to do after it's bound off so that it won't come apart. I've just been taking it back apart and starting over again.

Anyway, I move to Atlanta in July 07 from a small town near Columbus GA because my husband works in downtown Atlanta. I'm planning on taking some knitting classes and stuff here so that I can meet people and learn at the same time.

So far this site has helped me alot, especially the videos. Though I keep having these dawning moments where I'm watching TV and figure out why what I was doing wasn't working then head and get my ball of yarn as quick as I can. :D To test it.

Anyway, that's a little about me and my knitting experiences. I hope everyone is having a good day.

-Krista
Krista is offline   Reply With Quote