Old 02-02-2005, 11:21 PM   #41
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Welcome Melissa! Great to have you on board!

JAK, I've only heard of the hot-water (even boiling water) method. You could try posting the Q in its own thread to get more feedback. Good luck!

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-02-2005, 11:24 PM   #42
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

Re: curling circular needles
Originally Posted by justanotherknitter
can someone please help me in telling me how to get the curling out of circular needles. am reall at a loss here. soaked them in warm water but it didn't last long.any help would be appreciated :?:
yay! I know the answer to this one! try boiling water , give them a good tug to straighten, and then instead of balling them up in your knitting bag, either make or buy a hanging circ needle holder. That will keep them straight and un-kinky while you're not using them. There's a pattern in Stitch and Bitch for a holder, and [http://www.knitpicks.com/lobby.asp?WCI=Item_Display&itemid=80028]here's a link[/http://www.knitpicks.com/lobby.asp?WCI=Item_Display&itemid=80028] if you just want to buy one... or just check it out and make your own. I didn't follow a pattern when I made mine, and it was still easy, you just need minimal sewing skills (ie. you can cut fabric and and sew a striaght line... you mnight not even need a sewing machine, you could use that fusible webbing stuff)
Gee I hope I put that link in right!
Old 02-02-2005, 11:26 PM   #43
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

opps apparently I didn't ... here it is again http://www.knitpicks.com/lobby.asp?W...y&itemid=80028
Old 02-03-2005, 06:25 PM   #44
judyb
Casting On

Thank you!
Amy, thank you so much for creating this site, and especially the videos! I was trying to use books, but I just couldn't figure things out from the still pictures. Your explanations and videos are just what I needed. You're a wonderful teacher!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
judyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:42 PM   #45
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Welcome JudyB! Thanks for the nice words!

Thanks Hildegard for that info!

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
Old 02-06-2005, 04:03 PM   #46
Licensed2Cook
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to Licensed2Cook Send a message via Yahoo to Licensed2Cook
Great Site!
Amy, you've created a great site for knitters, thank you so very much. I am very happy to have found this place!
Old 02-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #47
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Welcome Licensed2Cook!

Amy

Martha Graham
Old 02-10-2005, 05:52 PM   #48
LauraT
Ribbing the Cuff

Can you play Ann's CD in the DVD player at home? :?
I hope it's not a dumb question - just want to know. I assume so, but if I'm wrong... :?
LauraT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:51 PM   #49
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Welcome LauraT!

Lots of folks ask that. Sorry, you can't play the CD in the TV's DVD player. I'm working on a DVD though. Not sure when it will be out; stuff keeps coming up and pushing that project back! Hopefully by the Spring!!!

Amy

Martha Graham
Old 02-11-2005, 01:10 PM   #50
LauraT
Ribbing the Cuff

Sorry, Amy - I called you Ann.!!
Can't wait to purchase the DVD! I'm desperate to make socks this year.
LauraT is offline   Reply With Quote