Old 09-27-2008, 08:21 PM   #5001
AutumnAngelle
Casting On

Hi From Middle Tennesee...
Hello all...
I am some what new to knitting.. I have been trying to teach myself over the last couple of years.. Started a bunch of things but never finished any of them... Mainly because I felt it had to be perfect but now I realize it doesn't have to be perfect I just need to be happy with it!!!! I started a shawl 2 years ago and put it away cuz of too many boo boos but now I am going to finish it and wear it proudly as it is the first thing I taught myself to knit.. Right now I ma working on a basic scarf and hopefully hat to match then who knows whats next... I am hoping to take a few classes as I am one of the knows that learns alot better being shown a couple times then I am fine.. Unfortunately I will have to make the 45 minute drive to Nashville to do so...
Looking forward to getting to know you all and learning what I can...
AutumnAngelle is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-27-2008, 10:55 PM   #5002
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
Originally Posted by camsgramma View Post
.......Am all enthused now about crocheting and knitting things to send overseas, like stuffed toys and hats and mitts. Also to donate to charities here at home, like blankets for the homeless.
Be sure to check out our charity section!
Originally Posted by VatIzNitting View Post
.......Unfortunately, certain parts of those patterns have left me scratching my head and blinking like i just suffered a head trauma. Basically lots of "huh?" and "wait, what?!"....
Hang in there. Before too long, you'll be a PRO!
Originally Posted by AutumnAngelle View Post
..........now I realize it doesn't have to be perfect I just need to be happy with it!!!!
Exactly!!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:03 AM   #5003
welshdave
Casting On

Hi everyone

I'm Dave and I live in the UK. I'm 25, and have recently taken up knitting. I was taught how to knit by my grandmother at a young age, and found that it was very easy to pick it up again. I love the videos on this site - they're very helpful in learning techniques I've not come across before.

At the moment I'm knitting an afghan quilt - I've done about 20 squares out of the 112 required, so quite a way to go yet! It'd be interesting to see if there are a) any male knitters here, and b) any in their twenties!

Cheers
Dave
welshdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:00 AM   #5004
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Hi Dave! There are several male knitters in the forum. Just keep your eyes peeled, and you'll find them.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:12 PM   #5005
onthehillgirl
Casting On

Hi I am a new kid on the block!
Glad to have found you! The truth being this is my first 'blog' that I have connected with so please excuse the infancy. I do have a question and am not sure to start a thread or search for one. I am sure this question has been asked over and over. I am a recent sockaholic yet every pair I knit, the second sock is smaller width wide from the first. Is it that I am getting more relaxed? They have all been new patterns. Help!
onthehillgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:25 PM   #5006
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Welcome to the forum, onthehillgirl!

Your tension might have changed with the second sock. Or, you might have made the first sock with larger needles by accident. (I speak from experience...because I've done that before.)

Now, whenever I make socks, I cast on BOTH at the same time, and knit one row at a time on each one. This way, they both turn out EXACTLY the same. I'm a bit "particular" about my socks, I guess.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:33 PM   #5007
addiet
Casting On

Introducing myself
Hi, my name is Addie. I just recently started knitting again, and I am still trying to decipher patterns and instructions. I will more likely than not be lurking about the how-to threads.

Please forgive me any oafishness as I'm not really familiar with this forum format, I'll get it, I promise.

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:38 AM   #5008
DazzleMea
Casting On

New here
Hi, my name is Meagan. I'm a mother of two in Ohio. I first learned how to knit a little over a year ago. I tried to learn from a book..but just found myself frustrated. Someone suggested this site to me and here is where I learned

I had to put my knitting down for several months due to "excessive breastfeeding".....I was lucky to get 10 minutes to myself. But I'm back to knitting again - and very happy to be doing so!
DazzleMea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:22 PM   #5009
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Welcome to the forum!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:08 PM   #5010
raggydog
Casting On

Introducing myself
Hi: I am Joanne aka Raggydog, new to the site and a knitter who has been beginning for about 30 years. I found this site and it solved a lot of problems I had been having so decided to join so I could ask questions.
raggydog is offline   Reply With Quote