Old 10-10-2008, 07:24 PM   #5041
Dianeadae
Ribbing the Cuff

Introducing myself
Hi everyone, so glad I found this forum, even so late in life. I'm 61 and living on a country road with my semi-retired hubby of 65. We have many hobbies each, and sometimes even combine them, but not often. I have knit 8 pairs of socks so far, as the addiction bit me. But I want to graduate to something different - maybe an afghan for my dear old Mom of 81 who is now in a nursing home, unable to speak due to stroke. She is still a lot of fun though, and loves to see whatever creations I come up with.

Looking forward to meeting you all!
Dianeadae is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-10-2008, 10:36 PM   #5042
darnthisanarch
Casting On

Hello everyone, another newbie here.

I just started knitting earlier this week, and have finished my first project (a scarf in stockinette - I wish I knew how badly it was going to curl - with two red strips and a red heart) for my lovely girl friend.

I have a few skein's of yarn, and I'm looking for more projects.

I hope that I'll be communicating with some of you posters here in time, and we can share the joy of knitting.

-pope
darnthisanarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #5043
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Originally Posted by isahart View Post
.....I got as far as turning the heel on a toe-up sock and now need help desperately.........HELP!!!!
There is a wonderful sock tutorial online, that was made by one of our moderators (Silver). I'm sure it will help!
(click links below)
Socks with 4 dpns
Socks with 2 circulars
2 Socks at once on one large circular
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:35 PM   #5044
crittergal
Casting On

Another Newbie
Hi everyone!

I am so happy to have found this site! I have been knitting for many years. It keeps me sane! Knitting is my passion! Can't wait to get to know my fellow knitters.
crittergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:44 AM   #5045
Poustinia
Casting On

Great website! Great videos! I recommend it to anyone who I talks to me about knitting.

I started knitting again about a year and a half ago, after I hadn't knitted in 10 years, and intermittently before that. When I didn't know what a certain abbreviation meant, I looked on line to find out what to do. That is when I found this website. About 2 months ago I switched from english style knitting to continental and it is faster and easier, although more awkward to learn. I've got lots of projects which are just waiting to be knit.

I love doing crafts. I've been crocheting since I was 6 yrs old. I learned to knit when I was 11. And I've been sewing by hand since I was about 7, and sewing on a machine since age 13. I've more skills in crochet and sewing and now am catching up in the knitting department.

Poustinia
Poustinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:59 PM   #5046
Knitter05988
Casting On

Thanks for making this website!
I recently just got into knitting...my grandmother tried to teach me when I was about 10 years old...gave me a pair of needles and many balls of yarn. I only have just picked them up. I am making a scar! lol, anyway, thanks so much for this site, because, here I can ask all my questions like what iind of needles do I need for knitting certain things (hatts, socks, sweater etc.)

so thank you very much!

Knitter05988
Knitter05988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #5047
sgtpam
Turning the Heel

Welcome......you've found the right place to ask all your big and little questions and share your secrets and accomplishments! Have fun

sgtpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #5048
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome to the KH Forum!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:08 PM   #5049
cakemaven
Casting On

Another knitting n00b here. I'm a 31yo mama from San Diego and decided to try knitting this weekend. As a cake decorator, I enjoy working with my hands and being creative, so knitting seemed like a perfect fit for a fun hobby for me. I'm alrerady hooked and loving it. I look forward to meeting you all!
Trish
cakemaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #5050
SandyD
Casting On

Hello everyone!
I love the knitting help website and as a new (very new) knitter, I look forward to chatting with everyone. I took a beginning knitting class and now a class on knitting a child's sweater. I just finished the back of the sweater and will start the a front side tonight. I am still trying to decide if I want to take the next class which is socks--three needles! I am just getting used to two...LOL.
SandyD is offline   Reply With Quote