Old 11-02-2008, 12:14 AM   #5121
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,908 Posts
Originally Posted by MrsP View Post
I don't know how to post pics but you can see a definite line in my shawl. Grrr!
Hi Amanda! There are directions for posting photos in the link in my signature below. Follow that, and you should be able to post photos here very soon! Looking forward to seeing your knitted creations!
Originally Posted by carolval View Post
Just joined. I'm a knitwear designer, writer, teacher and enjoy all sorts of textiles. Just thought it would be interesting to join a group and see what everyone is knitting/wants to knit etc...
Welcome Carol!
Originally Posted by Goby View Post
I need help with some instructions I read on a magazine, it says- Knit into front and back of every stitch.
Hi Goby!
To knit in the front and back of the stitch, just do exactly as it says. Knit in the front of the stitch as usual, then BEFORE you slip the stitch to the other needle, knit in the back of it as well. You'll find a video about it on our website. Just click "videos" at the top of this page, and look under "increases".
Originally Posted by CA1972 View Post
I am looking for the easiest sock pattern that is made without heels(includes a spiraling effect to fit perfect).
Hi Christine! You should look for a "tube sock" pattern, if you want to make one without heels.

Here's some I found online: http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz/women...SpiralBedsocks
http://www.soxie.com/spirals.html

And there are lots of free sock patterns here:
http://www.knittychick.com/free_sock_patterns.htm
and here:
http://www.knittingpatterncentral.co...tory/socks.php
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-02-2008, 12:55 AM   #5122
szelda64
Casting On

Hi,
My name is Roberta and I am new to the knitting community. I would like to know where to find the supplies necessary for knitting newbies.

Thanks!
szelda64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:40 AM   #5123
solangecristiny
Casting On

Hello
Hello, my name is Solange Cristiny, live in Sao Paulo, Brazil and I love knitting. It is one of the best things in life.
solangecristiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:57 PM   #5124
Mar51Day
Casting On

Hi!
Hi,
I'm Mar51Day aka Marilyn Dayen, I live in Ephrata WA USA. I took up knitting when I quit smoking, and now I'm addicted to that instead. I'm trying to knit a pull-over crew-neck sweater for my husband. I'm having a difficult start. I don't know why, because I've knitted sweaters for me with no problem. Must be a mental block or something.
My question(s) is/are: The largest chest size for men that I see is 44". My husband is 6' tall, and has a size 47-1/2" chest.
1)I've figured out how to add inches for the chest measurement, but do I need to adjust the increase stitches also?
2) And when it comes to knitting the raglan sleeve and crew neck, are there adjustments necessary for that? If so, how do make those adjustments?
(Sorry this is so long, I don't know how to abbreviate yet )
I really like this website it's ingenious. Thank you in advance.
Mar51Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #5125
Vik
Casting On

HI!
Hello there. What a great site. Everything's here including video instructionals which I NEED to develop my skills.

I picked up knitting again recently as I am about to go into surgery and a long recovery soon--tomorrow morning, actually.

One of my goals is to learn to make sweaters, (I'm not nearly ready to do this yet) and to hopefully find a way to make a pattern FROM a sweater I have--my favorite sweater is getting OLD.

See you around!
Vik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:16 PM   #5126
IM4EVERGOOD2U
Ribbing the Cuff

HELLO EVERYONE,

I AM BRAND NEW TO THE KNITTING WORLD AND I CAME ACROSS THIS SITE WHILE SEARCHING FOR SOME VIDEOS FOR INSTRUCTION. I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THIS SITE AND I WOULD LOVE TO THANK YOU FOR IT. I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH ALREADY. I AM 4 1/2 MONTHS PREGNANT AND I WANTED TO LEARN HOW TO KNIT SO THAT I CAN MAKE MY BABY A BLANKET. I LOOK FORWARD TO KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH OTHERS AND ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU!

MILLIE
IM4EVERGOOD2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #5127
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome to the KH Forum!
Originally Posted by szelda64 View Post
I would like to know where to find the supplies necessary for knitting newbies.
Hi Roberta! Check to see if there is a craft store like Michaels or Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's or AC Moore in your area. They have lots of knitting supplies. You can also find some essentials at Walmart. Good luck!
Originally Posted by Mar51Day View Post
I'm trying to knit a pull-over crew-neck sweater for my husband.........My question(s) is/are: The largest chest size for men that I see is 44". My husband is 6' tall, and has a size 47-1/2" chest.
Your best bet will be to use plus-size patterns. Look for the link in my signature below to a website I made with links to plus-size patterns. Here is a basic pattern for making a plus-size sweater: Incredible, Custom-Fit Raglan
Originally Posted by Vik View Post
I picked up knitting again recently as I am about to go into surgery and a long recovery soon--tomorrow morning, actually.
Good luck with your surgery!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #5128
ksinc33
Casting On

new to group
Hi all.
I have been crocheting for more years than I want to admit. I am
new to knitting. I have just started working on the art. It is good
to know that there is a place to ask questions when needed. I have
one son who will turn 21 this month. My husband died 4 years ago and we have 2 cats (they always come first) and a dog. We are
currently working two jobs to pay the bills and still be able to fix the
car and trailer. Our lives are a little short on time right now.
Glad to have found the group.

ksinc33
ksinc33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #5129
quiltnut
Casting On

Send a message via Skype™ to quiltnut
New memeber which has used you r site alot but hadn't taken the time to join. I'm sure that I will get a lot more out of the site that I could ever get back. Keep up the good work.
quiltnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #5130
snowpikachu
Casting On

Thanks Amy!!
Hello I am new to this site. I started knitting about a year ago and i stopped because school started. So now im thinking of learning new things and restarting.

snowpikachu is offline   Reply With Quote