Old 09-18-2005, 12:17 AM   #511
aprildavis99
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to aprildavis99
I wish I could but I don't have any of that fancy computer stuff. I am barely functional here. :rollseyes: Just the basic pc and monitor for me.

She is so cute. She doesn't really look like either type of dog. She is a unique little lady.

Maybe I can try to get a friend to do it for me. :thinking:

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-19-2005, 09:40 PM   #512
gardenmommy
Instepping Out

It's about time I posted my intro too!

I'm Kristen, mom to 8 y/o Kelton, 6 y/o Meredith, 4 y/o Jagger, and TBA due on October 23! I live in SE Iowa, I work at home as a medical transcriptionist and my husband and I also have a landscaping/garden center business.

I got the itch to learn to knit a couple weeks ago or so and with tons of help from KnittingHelp.com and another online friend, I'm on my way! First project is a baby blanket (of course!) and trying my hand at DPNs for a hat too. Can't wait to start socks....I wonder if I can make a nice pair for myself for labor & delivery!
gardenmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:45 PM   #513
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
Welcome to both of you! It'll be the best dressed TBA in town! Baby and kids clothes knit up really fast so all you brood will be in stitches! Welcome!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:11 PM   #514
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
WELCOME WELCOME, Kristen!

Can't wait to get some gardening advice from ya! We are planning on landscaping next year....want ALL native stuff! Lots of butterflies and such...
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:55 PM   #515
mintdee
Working the Gusset

Gratz on the new one! Welcome to the group. This group is too funny. You will love 'em

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. Aristotle

OTN:
sweater from hell for TJ
simple socks
mintdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:06 AM   #516
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

Yup, we're nice!! (and modest, too!!)
Congrats on the baby, have you seen this book?? It almost makes me wish I was pregnant again (ALMOST!!! )

Welcome!

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
punkhippiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:09 AM   #517
InterNette
Turning the Heel

welcome, the ladies here are smart. funny and Ingrid can rescue most lost knitters.
InterNette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:28 AM   #518
aprildavis99
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to aprildavis99
Nice to meet you Kristen. This is definitely the site for us new knitters. Glad you are here!
Old 09-20-2005, 02:12 PM   #519
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Hi Kristen!!

Welcome! I used to do medical transcription, too. It's a blast -- if you can understand what they're saying! I used to do some psych evals for Social Security benefits ... very interesting, and sometimes quite sad.

Good to see you here, and I hope you get those socks made to keep your tootsies warm! Good luck!

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:39 PM   #520
earthchick
Turning the Heel

'Nother newbie here. :D I love this site!!!

I taught myself to knit (continental) from a book about 3 years ago. I am not particularly good :rollseyes: and seem to have a number of idiosyncracies to my knitting style (probably due to the fact of having learned from a book - it's hard to really tell how to do things just from pictures!). I mostly do garter stitch, and am the queen of unfinished projects. I started a baby blanket when I was 8 months pregnant with twin boys. I finished it last week. My sons are 15.5 months old. My original idea was that I would do two. I also just recently finished the first project I ever started on (3 years ago) - a tote bag. Only it's an overstatement to say that I finished it because I haven't yet seamed it together....

Last Christmas I got really into knitting again (having mostly set it aside for awhile since I don't feel I'm very good or productive) and made four scarves as presents (all garter stitch, of course, but they were novelty yarns so they looked pretty nice). Now that fall is here, I'm in a knitting mood again and am ready to get the basics learned/relearned the right way. Enter this site.

So I'm getting ready to crank out some dishclothes, and maybe a couple of toddler scarves for my sons, to try to really get some of my kinks worked out. I'd also really, really like to do a prayer shawl for my SIL, whose husband (my dh's dear brother) died 5 years ago this December (on SIL's bday). I'd like to have the shawl done in time to give it to her on her bday/anniversary of his death. I'd like it to be really nice and hope I can figure out how to work through some of my problems (like crooked edges and uneven stitches).

Wow. I didn't mean to make this such a long introduction! Well, if you're still reading, a few basic facts about me: been married to dh for 4.5 years, we have twin 15.5 month old twin boys (Rob and Charlie, who make every day both a joy and an adventuure), and I am a minister (dh and I copastor a church in Ann Arbor, Michigan). Looking forward to learning from all your knitters! :XX:

earthchicknits
The Seven Things Project
earthchick is offline   Reply With Quote