Old 11-14-2008, 05:50 PM   #5191
tbird
Casting On

Introducing Myself
Awesome website! I began knitting again a year ago (first learned in Girl Scouts; am now 53). There are so many neat patterns I didn't feel comfortable tackling till I happened on this website. This is by far the best! The books I've purchased are good but this site is where I'll spend most of my time! Yea!!!!! Thank you so much.
tbird is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-14-2008, 07:13 PM   #5192
Mommaof5
Casting On

Hello, everyone! I've picked up my knitting again, and I'm excited to have found this site!
Mommaof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:26 PM   #5193
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome to the Knitting Help Forum!
Originally Posted by ucmonikaknit View Post
I looked for a link to introduce myself and don't see it. Also, I'm reading about blog. Do you pay for that, where do you go to set up a blog site? ucmonikaknit
Hi ucmonikaknit! You just introduced yourself in the right place.

What kind of blog are you referring to? We have discussion threads here in the forum under "Blogs" on the main page. Those are free, and you can make your own thread there to talk about yourself and your knitting. But, most people prefer to just post their discussions in "General Knitting" or "Whatcha Knitting".

If you are referring to an offsite blog, where you have your own webpage for your personal stuff, you'll find several free blogsites available on the internet.
I use Blogger (www.blogger.com)

Originally Posted by terrivasofsky View Post
My question is how do you match the stripes on the sleeve to the stripes on the body...
Hi terrivasofsky! I'll copy your question to the "How To" section of the forum, so you'll get some answers there.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #5194
laliloo
Casting On

Just popping in to say hello and give a round of applause for this fantastic website. So incredibly useful to be able to see such clear videos showing all the knitting basics and so much more.

I'm a complete beginner - I just bought yarn and needles two days ago. My Nan was a superb, self-taught knitter but I was silly enough to not really be interested when she taught me stuff as a child. I've already learnt to cast on, knit, purl and make a start with the basic patterns, although there have been a lot of restarts, due to ribbing suddenly becoming back to front and holes appearing! oops. I'm sure I'll get there eventually, once I learn to count to two and keep track!

I'm in the UK by the way - anyone else around these parts?

Nic
laliloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #5195
knit77chick
Casting On

This looks like a good site to get help with knitting. Hello everyone. I have been knitting for about three years. I have mostly been knitting scarves, hats, and dishcloths. I am a visual learner and sometimes have a hard time just reading a pattern.
knit77chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:48 PM   #5196
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome!

Originally Posted by laliloo View Post
I'm in the UK by the way - anyone else around these parts? Nic
Nic, you'll find some UK knitters in the "Knitters Knear You" section of the forum.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shandeh For This Useful Post:
laliloo (11-16-2008)
Old 11-16-2008, 05:31 AM   #5197
JuneAi
Casting On

Hello everyone nice to meet you
i just started to learn knitting few days back
i found this site so useful and hope can meet friends here who can help me in knitting
thank you so much!
JuneAi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:08 AM   #5198
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by JuneAi View Post
Hello everyone nice to meet you
i just started to learn knitting few days back
i found this site so useful and hope can meet friends here who can help me in knitting
thank you so much!
Welcome!
KnittingNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:29 AM   #5199
foghorn24
Casting On

Hi everyone,
I stumbled upon your site this morning looking for a little info, thought I'd register. This is awsome!!!!! I started my own sewing company last year. I am making a few winter coats right now and needed to buy some knitted cuffs. Well, the ones I found were so expensive, (orderd them anyway) I just so happened to go upstairs in my old sewing room closet looking for a piece of material I needed, and found my knitting bag!!! As a thought came to my mind, (why couldn't I knit my own cuffs???) So last week I sat down with my needles that were twenty years old, to practice. Well needless to say my sweater will be finished today. Only my last cuff is left!!! But boy oh boy what a person can forget in 20 years. Where was this internet thing when I was in the sixth grade learning to knit? How lucky we are now, huh? My problem is trying to figure out what things mean on the patterns. I guess I am getting old or just can't remember how to read them. But what I want to say is, it will be nice to just ask you all if I have a question, even if to you it may sound so simple. So thanks for being here. Terry
foghorn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:11 PM   #5200
feltingfeign
Casting On

Hello....and a question
I am tired of knitting scarves and afghans and would
like to get more into knitting something just a little bit
harder....only a little bit harder.

I need to learn how to M1L and M1R.

If this is the wrong area in which to ask, please direct me
to the correct area.

I am very happy to have found this group.

thank you
feltingfeign is offline   Reply With Quote