Old 11-16-2008, 03:12 PM   #5201
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,908 Posts
Originally Posted by feltingfeign View Post
I am tired of knitting scarves and afghans and would like to get more into knitting something just a little bit harder....only a little bit harder.

I need to learn how to M1L and M1R.
Hi there, feltingfeign.

The easiest thing to learn after knitting squares is to make a hat. There are patterns for two needles, and patterns for knitting on circular needles and dpns.

Basic 2-needle Hat
Another 2-needle Hat
Roll-Brim Circular Knitting Hat
Basic Circular Knitting Hat

If you want to learn M1L and M1R, just look at the "increases" section of Amy's videos on our website. (at the top of this page)

Good luck!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-16-2008, 03:28 PM   #5202
Dreamom
Casting On

Hi There
So... I'm new here... Actually my RL friend, Songbirdy recommended this sight for the videos, and the forum for the chat. She has recently 'taught' me how to knit. Not from scratch - my childhood/adolescence is littered with unfinished, unrecognizable projects. I switched to crochet - which I still haven't done a lot.

Right now my WIP is woolies for my 1yo ds. I am thrilled to pieces. My stitches are relatively even, and you can tell that I am making something useful!

I am really looking forward to getting to know you guys...
Dreamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:31 PM   #5203
sasa
Casting On

Hello I am new to knitting and was looking for help in chat I am eager to make wonderful things for my wife so please help me anyone! thankyou I will be in the general chatroom if anyone will please help me.
sasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #5204
mtfbwy72
Casting On

Newbie from FL
Hi everyone. My name is Stacy. I just had my first knitting lesson last Saturday and I'm anxious to be able to make some woolies (wool covers) for my 14 month old son who wears cloth diapers.
mtfbwy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #5205
vviolet
Casting On

I'm giving this a try--this is all new to me!
Hi,
I'm really new to knitting. How do I use this site? I am doing my first project, which is a beaded scarf. I need to rip out some stitches. How do I do it? All the stitches are purls. The pattern sequence is purl 5, then slide on a bead and repeat this sequence 5 times across the row. It's simple, which is great, but I haven't needed to rip until now. Somehow I ended up with a couple of beads in a column instead of one. I didn't notice it until I had done a two rows beyond this mistake. It is in the middle of a row. I was doing so well, darn it. any suggestions are appreciated.
vviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:17 AM   #5206
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Originally Posted by vviolet View Post
I'm really new to knitting. How do I use this site? I am doing my first project, which is a beaded scarf. I need to rip out some stitches. How do I do it?
I'll copy your post to the "How To" section of the forum, vviolet. You'll get some answers there!

To use the site, just go to the main forum page, and browse through the different categories. You'll get used to it quickly!

(click on the "How To" and "main forum page" links to get to those areas I just mentioned.)
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:57 AM   #5207
Leafyberry
Casting On

I love this site.It is so nice.I love the forums and knit chat.The people on here are so nice.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #5208
lhollems
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to lhollems Send a message via MSN to lhollems
new here and to knitting
Hi. My name is Lori, and I have been crocheting since I was 11, and now I am teaching myself how to knit! I love it just as much, lol. I have run into some questions that I look up, but sometimes I canít find the answers, or the answers are way confusing and donít make sense to me lol, but also would like advice of other knitters as well. The videos on here are awesome, some of them have helped me a great deal. I am so glad to have found this site lol. Looking forward to talking to everyone soon! Have a great day!
lhollems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:28 PM   #5209
lhollems
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to lhollems Send a message via MSN to lhollems
need help, is this right area?
so i've been doing my first pattern, baby booties, and so far i've done ok, the videos have helped me alot on the stitches. I had to undo several times but finally did it, YEAH! lol, but, now that i've finished the last row, then next thing says to "cont in garter st for 2 1/2 ins (6cm) ending with a ws row" Call me dumb, what does this mean? Do I cont the knit st until the whole thing from top to bottem is 2 1/2 in or knit for 2 1/2 more? Thanks for any help.
lhollems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:51 PM   #5210
scooter8amouse
Casting On

How to Join "live" stitches
Howdy Experienced Knitters. I am about to finish a stole with "live" stitches at each end. But what to do now??? I've never done this before, but was told by a shop, while on vacation, that this would finish off the piece without a seam. Anyone done this before??
Thanks for your help!
Stephanie
scooter8amouse is offline   Reply With Quote