Old 11-23-2008, 12:39 PM   #5231
albertpollard
1st Leg of the Journey

Just wanted to drop by and introduce myself. I am a long time crocheter and new to knitting. I really loved the videos! It's almost like having a teacher.
albertpollard is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-23-2008, 01:59 PM   #5232
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to the forum everyone.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:30 PM   #5233
amber1156
Casting On

Thanks!

THanks for the videos! I have a book that has "how to knit cables" but I could never visualize any of it. I a a beginning knitter and am getting tired of knitting plain scarves and hats....I am ready for cables.
Could you possibly add in a videodthe future a how-to do a 'yarn over'? I think a yarn over is where either a stitch is added or a hole is made, I can't figure it out. Any advice?
amber1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #5234
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
Welcome to the Knitting Help Forum!

Originally Posted by bigdad1211 View Post
Just wanted to say Hello. I am new to knitting and as a 46 year old man
Hi Greg! You'll find other male knitters in our forum. Welcome to the world of knitting!

Originally Posted by alli12 View Post
I am looking to knit a VERY warm winter scarf and need to hear recommendations on the type I should use. I really want to stay away from anything acrylic but nothing ridiculously expensive either.
Hi Alli! Wool would be nice and warm. Lion Brand Wool or Patons Wool are both inexpensive, and are available at craft stores like Michaels, AC Moore, Hobby Lobby, or JoAnn's.

Originally Posted by amber1156 View Post
Could you possibly add in a video the future a how-to do a 'yarn over'? I think a yarn over is where either a stitch is added or a hole is made, I can't figure it out. Any advice?
Amy has already made a video on yarn-overs. It's in the "increases" section.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:41 PM   #5235
KnitterKH
Casting On

Hello Everyone!!

I just joined this website and am looking forward to meeting the people on here. I have just started to knit using a loom. I have one finished hat to my credit and am looking forward to doing more projects!!
KnitterKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:17 PM   #5236
happypins
Casting On

hi i have just joined the group and am looking forward to meeting you all love to knitt dolls and animalls and also would love to learn knitting on a loom looking forward to other things i can try happypins
happypins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:27 AM   #5237
pisav
Casting On

Hello Everyone!

I am brand new to this site. I am an experienced knitter, crocheter. Although I haven't knitted or crocheted in a few years, I haven't forgotten how to. I've just been busy sewing. My reason for joining is because I am trying to find out where in the U.S. I can purchase Phentex Yarn ......to make the infamous slippers. My sister is actually the one looking. We know that it can be purchased in Canada, since I am Canadian....but can it be bought in the U.S? Anyone who can help me would be greatly appreciated.
pisav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:13 AM   #5238
grmpookie
Casting On

Hi! My name is Helen, a new member. I am retired from our local printing/newspaper company, my husband is retired from a forging factory. We have two children, and three grandchildren, will have three step-grandchildren very soon.
I have been knitting since high school, and I also crochet, loving every minute and each project I finish. I teach two small knitting classes each week. Started the prayer shawl ministry in our church.
I am always looking for new things to work on. I belong to the Monthly Dishcloth Group.
I know I will enjoy reading all the threads and learning new knitting techniques.
grmpookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:11 PM   #5239
HorrorRetro
Casting On

Hi, my name is Gina, and I just joined up here.

I'm a very basic knitter who has decided to branch out and learn how to make useful things other than dishcloths and scarves As such, I just purchased four Elizabeth Zimmermann books and two Mary Thomas books. I taught myself to use circular needles this past week, so I splurged and bought myself Knit Picks Harmony wooden circ. interchangeable needle set. I splurged because tomorrow is my 40th b-day, and I needed a little something to get me out of the doldrums.

I'm a proud Army wife, and my daughter is serving in the Coast Guard. When I'm not knitting, I edit and proofread legal transcripts in my home office. We're in the process of moving from SW Oklahoma to Spokane, WA. We have a small zoo, consisting of two male pugs and three male cats.

Nice to "meet" everyone!
Old 11-25-2008, 02:44 PM   #5240
HazelC
Casting On

Introducint ME
Hi. I'm HazelC and I'm a knitaholic.

I thought I knew all I needed to know about knitting until I discovered KH.com! It's opened up a whole new world for me.

I'm in my church's prayer shawl ministry and that just requires the most basic skills. However, when deciding to knit socks from all those odds and ends of yarn I found I needed some help in how to knit a heel flap, turn a heel, finish off a toe by Kitchener stitch. The how-to books describe how but I need someone to show me. Bless Google! (Hmmm. Where's that emoticon I clicked on?) I found KH and keep visiting and viewing videos.
HazelC is offline   Reply With Quote