Old 09-26-2005, 02:19 AM   #541
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

WOW, Virtuella, pictures do speak a thousand words - what beautiful things you make, and what a beautiful place you live in!!
You obviously don't need much help in learning to knit, but we're glad you joined - it's nice to have another veteran around to beg for help!!

Welcome!

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
punkhippiemom is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-26-2005, 10:53 AM   #542
ebrperk
Knitting the Flap

Introduction
Hello,
My name is Robin and I live in Minnesota. I am married with two daughters 5 and 2.5 and one on the way in February. I taught myself to knit almost two years ago. Right now I am making a double pointed scarf and want to start a baby blanket when I find out the sex next week. I am also very interested in making a pair of socks. I also enjoy counted cross stitch and reading. Just finished Debbie Macombers Shop on Blossom Street and started A Good Yarn.

Robin
ebrperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:06 AM   #543
aprildavis99
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to aprildavis99
Hi Robin.

I those books. I just finished them too.

Glad to have you here.

I am so surprised by how many people have taught themselves to knit..me included. Funny how a craft that has been around for generations is just not passed on anymore. I hope I can get my daughter into it. She knows basic crochet but is too hyper to sit still longer than 10 minutes to really get into it. :rollseyes:

April
Old 09-26-2005, 11:33 AM   #544
Andrea
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via MSN to Andrea
Hi everyone! I've been lurking for awhile, but signed up last night. I'm pretty much computer illiterate (hence, no avatar), so I'm not even sure I'm replying right!!

I just started knitting this summer and I'm already addicted. I just finished the Meema's Mursupial purse from Stitch and Bitch (I'm going to felt it today). I'm attempting to start either the Lucy Bag or the Mother Daughter Bag from the Two Old Bags pattern, but they are a little intimidating. :(

Hope to get help from here. I love the site so far!!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:49 AM   #545
Virtuella
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via MSN to Virtuella
Originally Posted by punkhippiemom
WOW, Virtuella, pictures do speak a thousand words - what beautiful things you make, and what a beautiful place you live in!!
You obviously don't need much help in learning to knit, but we're glad you joined - it's nice to have another veteran around to beg for help!!

Welcome!
:rollseyes: I guess I am an quite experienced knitter...... but I love to be together with all of you outside my little country!! And learn, and help and be together with people as knitting interested as myself..
Virtuella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:43 PM   #546
SharonC
Casting On

*waves to all*

Hi everyone I'm so glad I just found this site. I've wanted to learn how to knit for a very long time - mostly out of finding the Linus Project charity. My sister quilts and won't let me within ten feet of her shiny new Bernina; my mother attempted to teach me how to crochet but I just sat there making odd knots and being very confused. I spent this morning trying to work through a how-to-knit book, but after about thirty minutes tossed it out on account of sheer confusion and frustration. Thank goodness I hopped on Google and found this site! The videos are just what I need to get the hang of this, I think.

Thank you all so much again! It's so wonderful to find this place. (Especially the link to the Hogwarts scarves hidden on this board! I can't wait to work through some projects so I can knit one in green and silver - both Slytherin colors, and my own school's colors - what this says about my school... )

-Sharon
SharonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 02:50 PM   #547
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
WOW! Three members to welcome! to ebrperk, Sharon and Andrea!

Andrea...us Illinoisians are tryin to plan a gettogether toward the end of the month! Keep your eyes peeled!
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 02:50 PM   #548
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Welcome, all, newbie and experienced!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 03:03 PM   #549
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Boy it's been busy out here lately!! How exciting! So glad to see all of you out here, and another "Illinoisian," to boot!!

Welcome, everyone!

p.s. Virtuella: I just peeked at your blog -- beautiful things! I love the Cat Bordhi baskets!

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:00 PM   #550
Virtuella
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via MSN to Virtuella
Originally Posted by DotMom61
p.s. Virtuella: I just peeked at your blog -- beautiful things! I love the Cat Bordhi baskets!
Thanks! They vere so fun to knit too!!!
Virtuella is offline   Reply With Quote