Old 01-19-2009, 02:36 PM   #5531
fairyknits
Casting On

Hello and Thank you!

I have been knitting for a few years and was shown how to purl but quickly got messed up and since my friend and teacher moved out of state I couldnt ask for another demonstration on the purl. I did some searching online and found KnittingHelp and now am in the process of making a baby blanket with both knits and purls. I love that KnittingHelp was able to get me started again.

fairyknits is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #5532
ShellyAnn
Casting On

New to this GREAT site!
I've been knitting for a couple of years now but haven't moved on to anything "intermediate or advanced". I am looking forward to knitting something more than scarfs or blankets. I basically know enough to get myself into a lot of trouble.

I've picked out a new "free" pattern, but after reading it all the way through, I've already got questions. I'll check out a forum and see how it goes. Thanks to all of you in advance and I look forward to making new friends.
ShellyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:47 PM   #5533
momma2princesses
Casting On

hello
Hello. I am so glad to find this site as i just learned on Thanksgiving how to knit. I have just finished my first project, a scarf for my mom in law and she loves it.
Ida
Westville, NJ
momma2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:22 AM   #5534
kfitzy
Casting On

Heyo!
I taught myself knitting a few years ago from the videos on this website, and I've recommended it to others who had trouble figuring out knitting stuff (friends, family, strangers on the bus...). Now I'm looking to try some more complex things and I'm excited to have the forums as a resource!
kfitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:17 AM   #5535
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
Welcome to the KH Forum, everyone!

Originally Posted by Fee View Post
My name is Fiona............Can anyone tell me how to make a bobble on a baby cardigan that I'm doing.......
Hi Fiona. Amy has a video on how to do a bobble on this page. Scroll down that page to "Decorative Stitches", and you'll see "Creating Basic Bobbles" as the last entry in that section.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/advanced-techniques
Good luck!

Originally Posted by skokfeather View Post
Hi, I am new to this and would like to find a real easy top, no buttons, but maybe one on the top.
Are you wanting a pullover, or a cardigan? Short sleeves or long sleeves?
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #5536
Fasken
Casting On

Hi!
I have just started knitting again and this is an awesome sight. I am currently trying to reteach myself continental (had been taught to knit English) also am looking forward to learning portuguese knitting.
Have an awesome day everyone!
Fasken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #5537
melandblossom
Casting On

Originally Posted by feministmama View Post
What a great site! I will back often with new updates. Thanks for doing this, its about time. :o
Hi. I'm new and I have a problem with my project.
I started crocheting a rug and the stitching became uneven. Now it's warped. What can I do?
melandblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:46 AM   #5538
Purly5
Casting On

I am Super new to knitting
Hello all I hope I can learn and become a great knitter. I need to learn all the lingo so I can learn to knit succefully.
I am excited but very intimidated
I am SAHM w/ 5 dc and we homeschool also.
That's all for now.
Purly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #5539
Haileyzworld
Casting On

Hello from WA state!
Hi there! I am a new knitter! I just recently started up. My grandma gave me some knitting looms to try out. And they are a lot of fun...though I wanted to try out the traditional way of knitting so I could figure what I felt more comfortable with. I like them both. The looms are a lot faster, but I feel more accomplished (if that makes any sense) after I finish work on needles. So with that being said...I am sooo glad I found this group. There is a lot of info to read...and quite honestly I got lost in it...lol. So I am finally here to introduce myself. My name is Nikki. I have a six year old daughter named Hailey. Dh and I have been together about 9 years in Vancouver, WA. We have a funny little dog named Peanut. She is part chihuahuah and Daschund (however you spell it) weiner dog for short. She is a lowrider Chihuahuah! Her ears are to die for! LOL. She makes up for a lot of entertainment around here. Anyhow, thanks for the acceptance into your group and I hope to meet you all soon!
Haileyzworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:37 PM   #5540
hcarroll36
Casting On

greetings!
Hi, I'm Heidi and still not sure how to post anything. But I desperately need help on these directions.
How do I knit this: pass first k st over next 2 k sts
That is all I have for the instructions and now sure what to do.

Thanks,
Heidi