Old 01-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #5551
poppie
Casting On

Hi all,

My name is poppie and I am from South Africa. I am addicted to knitting and I am so glad that I have found this site. Right now I have been introduced to patchwork knitting, which I hope to become very experienced at, but I need help. If there is anyone out there who knows about patchwork knitting I would appreciate communication.

Regards,

POPPIE
poppie is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #5552
checat82
Casting On

Wow!!!!!
OMG! I love love love knittinghelp.com !!!!! I have found so much here that is so usfull to me. I have been knitting for years but have been at that point where I can knit and purle very well but have not been able to move on to more difficult stuff and this as been so helpful getting me over the hump. Thanks again
checat82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #5553
cricket22
Ribbing the Cuff

Thanks
Thanks for the great site I am interested in charity knitting and hav e found this a valuble resource
cricket22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #5554
pixiedust
Casting On

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and new to knitting- in fact, I have yet to cast my first stitch. I don't know anyone who knows how to knit, but have always wanted to learn.
I just purchased a few supplies to get myself started, but after doing some research, I have found that what I bought may not be the right "starter kit" for a beginner.
I have a nearly two-year-old daughter, and my goal is to learn to knit so I can make her some pretty things.
I'm hoping to get some help from you all here, and hoping that everyone has the patience to answer my novice questions about knitting.
pixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #5555
vampirebox
Casting On

Hello! I'm new, and I'm still something of a beginning knitter.
I know most of the basics, but when I have the time, I love learning new stitches, and making various projects - though, once I'm finished making them, I never use them (thus my Etsy shop! lol)
Old 01-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #5556
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,906 Posts
Welcome to the Knitting Help Forum, everyone!

Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Hi all. Just stumbled upon the site in an attempt to find some sanity... I am new to knitting, I will figure it out, I'm Irish and stubborn... I do have to say whoever first said knitting was relaxing did not try to teach themselves to knit!!!
Hang in there, my friend. Knitting will be relaxing when you get more comfortable with it. It took me FOREVER to fully understand the knit and purl stitches, so I know exactly how you feel. But, once I got it, and it "clicked", I was SO excited! You can do it.

Originally Posted by Grandadgem View Post
Hi , I'm pretty sure I'm an odd duck, being a guy on a site like this.
Not at all. There are SEVERAL male knitters in our forum. In fact, one of our forum moderators is a man. You're among friends here.

Originally Posted by JUSTME_OHIO View Post
I have looked at thousands of knitted web sites free patterns etc and still can't find the hat that is in the 2005 knit pattern a day calendar. It is a hat called Sure Fit Sampler Hat.........I am not going to pay $5 for a pattern. Or I will try and figure it out just from the photo.
We cannot share purchased patterns here in the forum, because they are protected by copyright laws. You'll find LOTS of free knitting patterns at www.knittingpatterncentral.com
Good luck!

Originally Posted by poppie View Post
...Right now I have been introduced to patchwork knitting, which I hope to become very experienced at, but I need help. If there is anyone out there who knows about patchwork knitting I would appreciate communication.
If you post your question in the "How To" section, you'll probably get lots of help.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:47 PM   #5557
hafropinayprincess
Casting On

Hello from the Bay Area!
I'm an "intro-mediate" knitter. . . note emphasis on the INTRO . Been knitting a whopping 5 months and I'm quite literally hooked! Feeds my OCD and teaches me patience as well. Hoping to use this site to get through some of the rougher patches without bothering my already established knit buddies too terribly much.

BD: 11/24/69.

Looking forward to knit-chatting w/ y'all.

Tawny
hafropinayprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:04 PM   #5558
judithredd
Casting On

Brand new knitter- What do you do
Hello,
I did the continental cast on but have a tail left. How do you go into the first stich from there? I can't find it and have no imagination.
THanks for any help.
judithredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:19 PM   #5559
susanelp
Casting On

Hi everyone,

I'm starting a knitting project with some of my international students attending Cascadia Community College in Bothell, Washington. I am going to encourage them to visit this site and become involved in the forums if they find that they really enjoy knitting! I'm starting out with about 20 students, but I don't really expect more than a handful to stick with it through the quarter-we'll see! This is a great site. I think that they will really benefit from the videos.
susanelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #5560
raggie
Casting On

Hi Amy and all other knitters,
I'm new to this forum, but not to the site. I love it. I look forward to helping others and hopefully being helped myself. Thanks for this forum. It has helped me out a lot. I've learned so much.
Raggie
raggie is offline   Reply With Quote