Old 02-13-2009, 01:41 AM   #5651
Marria
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by citrella View Post
Are we allowed to meetup knitters and learn from the seniors? I would very much want to learn how to crochet a blouse.

I just learnt knit and purl and managed to complete a scarf thats all.
If you mean meet up in person--there's a thread you might want to post in--Knitters Knear You. You can post what area you are in and see if you can contact someone in your area.

You can also learn a lot from the people here. Everyone's really friendly and eager to help.

OTN: Dollar and a Half Cardigan, Oddball charity projects, Celia, Trellis
Marria is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-13-2009, 02:03 AM   #5652
bunkey
Casting On

Hello all. I learned how to knit a few years ago, but still consider myself a beginner. I have only done a few easy projects. I want to get back into and get more advanced. I'm excited about this website because of the wealth of information!
bunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:26 AM   #5653
sleigh13
Casting On

Hello
Hi All,
My name is Sharon and I am an American living in France. I really want to learn how to knit and discovered this site that explains for free and with video; how wonderful! I really want to learn and need the basic, so hopefully I will succeed. Look forward to chatting some time!
Thank you for this wonderful site!
sleigh13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #5654
daisysmiles
Casting On

Hello there :o)
Hello,

I'm English and I live in Spain. A friend taught me how to crochet and I've kind of taught myself how to knit watching videos and following simple patterns. I've made lots of scarves (crochet) and I'm just finishing my first hat (knitting) ... all I have to do is close it ... which is causing me a few problems but I'm determined to do it.

Looking forward to chatting and hopefully some day even being able to help out ... will have to keep learning to get better until then though.
daisysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:02 PM   #5655
fiberfanatica
Casting On

Hi group,

I am an American living in mid America, and envying those of you who are living abroad. Only region in the U.S. I have not lived is the NorthEast. I love everything to do with fibers, thread, and fabric. And am old enough to have tried almost all of them. I never did any "sprang" however - the book I had that showed it, and that I wanted to use to make a hammock was loaned out and never returned.

I used to write professionally on needlework - and as consequence, received many freebies from needlework publishers. My library was better than the best public library I had ever seen - but alas, was donated to a library in Colorado when I moved from there to here. I kept the most special books, of course. I still tell my kids (4 of them) that if I die DO NOT donate my books (that I have left) to "Goodwill" - but to sell them online. They are worth a lot. But not enough for me to part with them.
fiberfanatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:08 AM   #5656
nfudge
Casting On

New to Knitting!
Hi
I'm new to knitting. My grandmother taught me years ago but recently decided to try it again. Actually finding it fun!
Question:
When the instructions say: "knit/purl two rows even"
What does that mean????
nfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:35 AM   #5657
nfudge
Casting On

knitting "newbie"
What does it mean when instructions say
"knit/purl 2 rows even"???
nfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #5658
jonesrebe
Casting On

Originally Posted by amy View Post
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself and say hi!

Check out the common abbreviations used on this forum, to decode our chit chat.

To make a post here, you need to "register." When you register, you are required to enter your email address, primarily so we can email you your password, if you ever forget it. You will have the option to "show" your email address. This lets members click a link to email you, but they don't actually get to see your email address. Your email address is protected from spam-harvesting by being hidden.

Don't be shy, we're a very friendly community! We look forward to your posting!

Enjoy our forum!
Amy
Hello---I am Rebecca in Utah and I hope someone can help me. I was watching Knitty Gritty on tv a while back and thy demonstrated a good way to bind off. I wrote this down, but now I can't find the instructions. It wasn't in the Title of the show, but rather just a handy tip. I would really like to try this and hope that someone out there can help me. Thanks
jonesrebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:28 PM   #5659
goldiesmom
Casting On

Hi, I'm Goldiesmom from Ontario, Canada. I am an enthusiastic, but talent challenged knitter who wants to do things that are way over my abilities LOL. I always have questions and look forward to participating in the forums. Right now I am knitting a baby blanket for my newborn great nephew and I have worked through some of the new stitches in the pattern. In a few days I will be at the hard part, and I'm sure hoping people will come to my aid. Look forward to talking to you all soon. Goldie
goldiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #5660
Marria
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by nfudge View Post
What does it mean when instructions say
"knit/purl 2 rows even"???
Hello! When a pattern tells you to knit, purl or work in a pattern "even", it just means that you don't do any increasing or decreasing over those rows.

OTN: Dollar and a Half Cardigan, Oddball charity projects, Celia, Trellis
Marria is offline   Reply With Quote