Old 02-17-2009, 09:38 AM   #5671
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Welcome to KH, everyone

Originally Posted by szulee View Post
Hi, I am Szu and living in Taipei. I started knitting with a colleague and then challenge by looking up nice patterns. Esp love Noro yarns and now, I want to do a new project using Noro Kureyon making a pillow in entrelac pattern. I loaded a pattern shared by Alison but it was hard to comprehend. Anyone has some tip for me.
Knitting backwards was a great tip for me when starting out with Entrelac. It's really easy to do and then you don't have to keep turning your work

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-17-2009, 10:27 AM   #5672
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to the forum everyone
Old 02-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #5673
sandy52
Casting On

Thank you! What a great user-friendly community of knitters!!
Aloha from Hawaii!
sandy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #5674
newknitterkat
Casting On

hello! i am a new knitter. ive been on bedrest for 6 weeks, expecting a baby in 12 weeks. ive decided to take up knitting! this website has been fantastic!!! the how to videos have taught me all that i know! thank you so much! i made 12 pairs of mary-jane slippers in 10 days!!!. (everyone i know--young and old---now has a pair!) i have just attempted a dress for my 3-year-old and i will now try to figure out how to start a new thread so that i can ask questions on how to fix it!!! it turned out a disaster! im so disappointed.
newknitterkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:50 PM   #5675
minkie
Casting On

Hi Everyone! I'm Missy. I'm a new knitter from Prince Edward Island. I learned to do garter stitch about 15 years ago, but lost interest pretty quickly. I've always wanted to be able to knit, but felt a little intimidated by it, and didn't have anyone to teach me. So, I turned to the internet, and came across this site. I've learned so much here in the last few weeks

About me - I'm a stay at home mom. I love reading, coffee and now, knitting. I hate the cold, and people who let their dogs poop on other people's lawns. Like the lady ACROSS THE STREET RIGHT NOW YOU'D BETTER PICK THAT UP!

(did that make me look a little nuts? um, sorry. It's just something I feel pretty strongly about...)

I have two awesome little girls, aged 4 months and 2 years. I used to be a chef.

I'm glad this forum is here, and I'm looking forward to being part of it!

minkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:17 PM   #5676
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by newknitterkat View Post
hello! i am a new knitter. ive been on bedrest for 6 weeks, expecting a baby in 12 weeks. ive decided to take up knitting! this website has been fantastic!!! the how to videos have taught me all that i know! thank you so much! i made 12 pairs of mary-jane slippers in 10 days!!!. (everyone i know--young and old---now has a pair!) i have just attempted a dress for my 3-year-old and i will now try to figure out how to start a new thread so that i can ask questions on how to fix it!!! it turned out a disaster! im so disappointed.
Welcome to the forum. At the top left of every forum page eg General Knitting, there is a button that says "Start a new thread".
Just click on that, put a title in and your question and away you go.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:46 PM   #5677
Sansdawn
Ribbing the Cuff

Another Newbie
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this site also. My name is Heather and I share my home with my DH, 4 year old Son and our two Great Danes. I can crochet anything, and I think I have, so I decided to learn something new, so I'm teaching myself the art of knitting. So far I have made a scarf for my son, and have two projects in the works. The first is a baby afghan, and the second is an afghan for our home. The second is more of a "lets see if I can do this stitch" theme. I can't wait to read more posts, but thought I should stop and say HI to everyone!!!
Sansdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #5678
Arielluria
Instepping Out

WELCOME! As a dog lover I hope you will find a dog post here and share your large pups' pics with us Knitting is fun and addictive and I gravitate more toward it because I can do it without looking (while watching TV) than I can crochet. Plus it takes up less yarn which leaves more for other projects

You'll love this site!
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:52 PM   #5679
struggleknit
Casting On

Hi everyone! As my name suggests I am a novice knitter. Although I learnt the basics as a child I have never been able to follow a pattern, but now I am determined to try out simpler ones.

I have been lurking on this site for a few days and now looking forward to getting to grips with my knitting by reading about others problems and getting some answers.

Thanks in advance!
struggleknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #5680
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome to the forum everyone!

Originally Posted by jca2lea2 View Post
My name is Caroline and I live on the West Coast of USA................I do have a question?
Does anyone have corrections for the Candle Flame Shawl.
I found corrections for page 2, and I was doing great, then I got to row 27 thru 30, and it was wrong again, not enough stitches.
Originally Posted by szulee View Post
Hi, I am Szu and living in Taipei...........I want to do a new project using Noro Kureyon making a pillow in entrelac pattern. I loaded a pattern shared by Alison but it was hard to comprehend. Anyone has some tip for me.
Hello Caroline and Szu! I'm copying your questions to the "How To" section of our forum, so you'll hopefully get some help there.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote