Old 02-18-2009, 11:42 PM   #5691
Marymac
Casting On

New to the site
Hi, my screen name is Marymac. I came across this site while desperately looking for help with a pattern. I started knitting again almost one year ago and I am becoming the blanket queen! I am ready to move on to other things (but I do love my blankets) and this site looks like a great place to be. I'm enjoying my knitting again. I love the rhythm of it - until I make a really really bad mistake and have to rip back or, worse, start over. That was what happened to me tonight---sigh. M
Marymac is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-19-2009, 02:18 PM   #5692
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Welcome to the forum, everyone!

Originally Posted by charmedchic View Post
I have just recently started taking a knitting class. I love it and find it very relaxing. Does anyone have any suggestions on a first project that would be easy? Thanks so much.
I have a webpage that lists several good beginner projects. Just click the link in my signature below.

Originally Posted by crochetladyny View Post

My name is Sheila aka crochetladyny,
.................If any one has any good patterns that they have tried and liked really well please share. TY in advance.
Hi Sheila,
You'll find lots of baby patterns here:
http://www.knittingpatterncentral.co...ctory/baby.php

Originally Posted by yaya62 View Post
One of the knitting stores in my daughter's hometown told me about this site. It looks really good. The forum will be very helpful if I can figure out how to ask a question. I know that I on the Introduce yourself thread, but where do I go to ask a question and how do I get a box to open so I can ask the question? Not a young as some of you - please bear with me - I will learn and get better
Go to the main forum page, and look for the "How To Questions" section in the list on that page. Click that section, then click "New Thread" to start a new discussion about your question.

Originally Posted by leftynewbie View Post
Hi there,
I'm Jennifer. I used to knit then fell away from it for a very long time but have wanted to get back to it. I'm left handed and can't remember how to cast on I can crochet left handed tho..... single stich mainly. See ya round
Here are some links for left-handed knitting:
http://www.theknittingsite.com/how-t...eft-handed.htm
http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter03/FEATmirror.html
http://learn-to-knit.com/left.htm
Also, Amy has a couple videos here in the forum for left-handed knitters as well. Good luck!

Originally Posted by musicangel24 View Post
My name is Kristin. I'm 24 yrs old and from Jacksonville,FL............I'm also looking for patterns for a baby blanket for a friend and I would like to find a pattern for a pretty, and easy, lacy shawl that would go with my wedding dress.
You might want to post a question in our "Pattern Central" section. You also might find some patterns at www.knittingpatterncentral.com
Shandeh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:47 AM   #5693
kferrand
Casting On

new to the forum
Hi. My name is Kathie, and I'm fairly new to knitting. My daughter wanted to learn so I went with her for lessons. I'm working on an n afghan that has individual squares so that I can learn new stitches and not get bored by doing the same thing. A co-worker of mine is also doing it so we try to help each other out. I am having trouble with the website videos. They don't seem to close when I "x" out, and then I hear the previous video under the new one I'm trying to listen to. I would love to see more "how to fix mistake" videos. Thanks for all the help your videos have already given me. I love this site and have told my knitting buddies about it.
kferrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #5694
BetsyAnn
Casting On

This is actually 2 firsts for me. Brand new knitter and first time chat room user, so Hello to everyone and please bear with me. I found this website while looking for an answer to seaming a ribbed and St st cap, my first project. The video for the mattress seam was The Best and the more I browsed the site, the friendlier it seemed!
Now the problem - I cannot find anywhere on how to seam a k2p2 rib seam so that the rib on the right side is not interrupted. Help!
BetsyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #5695
Ehtesham
Casting On

Happy to with you all
I am new. I was looking for such kind of useful and helpful site. I am extremely happy getting you all here. Hope my journey to learning arena would be fine. Thanks all
Ehtesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:20 PM   #5696
phyl
Casting On

phyl
Hello All,
So glad to have found you. I live in a rather small city in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, where the winters are looooong, and cold. So there is plenty of time to knit. I also am a avid reader, the my time between the two is sometimes quite a competition. If only I could find a way to read and knit at the same time. Ha.

Anyhow, I am trying to learn to knit socks. I have raveled [my grandmother's word] out the heel so many times, that I am worried that the yarn is going to be worn out before the sock is finished.

I am very glad to be a part of this web site.

Best to all, keep warm,
phyllis
phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #5697
plr1955
Casting On

Hello Y'all
I am a beginning knitter, so new, I really can't call myself a knitter. I am using the online videos to teach myself. First lesson, long-tail cast on is the easiest method I have seen. I have tried a couple of times before to learn to knit, but it seemed really difficult by the means other had used to teach me. I finally gave up and stayed with crochet. I like the look of knit much better than crochet and decided to give it a try again.

Thanks for the great site!

Trisha
plr1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:31 PM   #5698
IcelandicWool
Casting On

Thats just great web. I am sure that I can use it :o)

Thanks
Gudrún
www.theicelandicwool.etsy.com
IcelandicWool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #5699
stitchabit
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by BetsyAnn View Post
This is actually 2 firsts for me. Brand new knitter and first time chat room user, so Hello to everyone and please bear with me. I found this website while looking for an answer to seaming a ribbed and St st cap, my first project. The video for the mattress seam was The Best and the more I browsed the site, the friendlier it seemed!
Now the problem - I cannot find anywhere on how to seam a k2p2 rib seam so that the rib on the right side is not interrupted. Help!
Hello BetsyAnn;
I am also a fist time forum user. How do you start a new thread?
stitchabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #5700
toosassy02
Casting On

knitting question
What is the meaning for 2H inch?
toosassy02 is offline   Reply With Quote