Old 02-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #5701
Mrowcat
Casting On

Hi, I'm Amanda from the mountains of North Carolina and I found this website (and forum) linked on another crafting board. I wanted to learn how to knit and I'm so glad that Knitting Help was the first place I came to.
Mrowcat is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #5702
emyem
Casting On

Introduction
Hi fellow knitters! I've found this site a few years ago and it has been very helpful in learning all things knitting. Now I've gotten comfortable with knitting, but alot of times I have questions regarding projects. It's nice to know now that I have people that can answer all these questions!
emyem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #5703
betblake
Casting On

Introduction
Hi, I am brand new to this group and going to need lots of help! It has been many years since I have done much knitting, but I have taken it up again in the past few months. Now, I am ready to tackle the Great American Aran Afghan I have an idea I am getting in over my head so am counting on the pros in here for lots of help.
betblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:37 PM   #5704
knittingpretty
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to knittingpretty
To introduce myself
Hi all.
I found this site last year and have had alot of great help from it, so I finally decided to join. I was first introduced to knitting in my teens but I didn't stick with it. My step daughter had suggested I should take up knitting... something about my compulsion to keep things organized and in line... everything in it's place and a place for everything. She thought I would love to reorganize a stitch from one needle to another. I must say she was right. very right. and I am grateful. I have a knack for taking on projects that are beyound me so I am in need of help most of the time. I have learned a great deal from this site and I know that I will continue to learn for a long time to come. I just want to say thanks for being here so far and I look forward to long relationship.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #5705
mandismom
Casting On

hi amy and group, glad i found you,
been knitting/crocheting for a long time,
mostly stay with relaxing patterns now so nice to meet you all
mandismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:35 PM   #5706
needlegirl
Casting On

New to the site
I was browsing the internet looking for yarn and found this site. I am a knitter from way back ...learned as a little girl on pencils!!! Just picked it up again in the last few years. There is alot I dont know and will be looking forward to checking this site out for help.. t appears that it an awsome site full of info!
needlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:01 PM   #5707
Marria
Working the Gusset

Hi to all the new folks! I don't participate in internet forums much, but I just love this one and I think you will too. Everyone is so friendly and helpful here. So jump right in if you have questions or want to post pictures of your projects.

OTN: Dollar and a Half Cardigan, Oddball charity projects, Celia, Trellis
Marria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #5708
Pattani
Casting On

Hi to everyone.

i am new to your group.

thanx
Pattani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #5709
PattyWI01
Casting On

New Knitter
Hi Everyone!
I just started knitting a few weeks ago and found your site today. I finished a hat (my class project) and am now working on a pair of
mittens for my teenage daughter. Aaahhhh! I've gotten to the
thumb and am already wishing I had made a scarf! I'm lost as to how to cast 2 stitches after I slip those 10 stitches onto the holder for the thumb. What do I cast them on TO? And continue around WHAT? Anybody who can help me here?
PattyWI01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:49 AM   #5710
newtonizer
Casting On

Wow - Glad I found this site!!!
I am very new to knitting. I did a couple of things in my youth when I had a whiz knitter mother around but I never got the hang of it. Now I have grandchildren and I recently read a book (novel) by Debbie MacComber which renewed my interest in knitting. perhaps some of you might have read her book, it is called The Shop on Blossom Street and it is yarn shop and the heroine in the story teaches knitting. Anyway there is a pattern in the front of the book that is supposed to be very simple. It is a baby blanket for a crib. I thought...wow....I can do that.

Well it is done on circular needles but it is a flat piece. I have tried 6 times and I keep getting the knitting joined, making it like a tube. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? Can anyone tell me? I am ready to throw it all away. HELP!

If I should be posting this somewhere elese please let me know. Remeber, I am very knew, to this site and to knitting.
newtonizer is offline   Reply With Quote