Old 02-25-2009, 09:56 PM   #5731
jemma
Casting On

grafting seam
I can't believe i have found such a good knitting site. I am knitting this cropped velvet hoodie and i need to finish the hood part of it but i can't work out how to do it. I need HELP, any ideas would be apreciated.
jemma is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-25-2009, 10:05 PM   #5732
jemma
Casting On

My first. . .
here is my first dog jumper. i had to make it smaller cos my dog is a very thin jack russle and is so cute.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jaz jumper.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	51956  
jemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #5733
Keli
Casting On

Hi my name is Keli. My blog is www.paradiseoffiber.blogspot.com
I love to spin, dye and knit. I really want to learn Yarn Harlots way of holding her yarn in her right hand with the needle under her armpit.
Keli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:11 PM   #5734
Mylife
Casting On

There is always something new in life to learn.
Thank you!
I am excited to have found this site.
My name is Elsa. I live in Houston, Texas. I was born San Angelo, Texas many moons ago. I am Spanish, with French and Italian decent. Some of my family speak all languages. I only speak one and a half. My French and Italian is much worst than my Spanish.
I learned to Sew, crochet, knit at age 8. I started quiting when I was 21, I am now 53 and a Grandmother for the first time. I have two kids, one of each.
I also do gardening, (plants and veatables). Nothing is better than fresh veatables, don't have to buy them in the store. This part of the country where I live I can have them year round. I was picking tomatoes all winter. Other than my crafts, this makes me feel good.
I like to go camping, fishing, hiking and antique shopping.
I love to cook and bake, to me it is an art. My son still lives at home, he is in High School, one more year to go. He prefers to eat at home, than for us going out to eat, thats how much he likes my cooking, he sometimes invites some of his freinds over for dinner. My husband wants to give me a break now and then, more less on a weekend. that is when my son winds up staying over a freinds and eats their moms cooking.
Well, there is always something new or advance to learn in life.
Like knitting (ssk), I had not seen that before among a few others, but your site helped me pick the stiches up pretty quick.
I knitted afagans, sweaters, mittens and hats.
Something just accured to me when I was in a store, a week ago looking at some yarn. A couple of women came up to me and they do not speak English. I speak very little, but understand it alot and can read it.
They asked me if I kntted and crochet and in my broken spanish I told them yes.
They then proceeded to tell me that they only know the basics Knit and Purl, they did not know how to do the different patterns, being everything was in English and they could not read the instructions.
I can invite them to my house to show them how but it would not help them wanting to pick a book out when they are not with me to start on another project.
I will show them this sight if that will help them any in seeing the vidios.
Could you tell me if there there books out that are in Spanish?
Mylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #5735
knitbeginner
Casting On

Carol
Hi
My name is Carol and I live in Calgary ,AB . I am just starting to learn how to knit , but I also know how to crochet .
if you what to leave me a message that would be great . I glad that I found this website . it will help me a lot .
Happy knitting everyone
knitbeginner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:34 PM   #5736
Nimy
Casting On

Love the site. It has alot of good information in it.
Nimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:48 PM   #5737
Flaxscutch
Casting On

Hi everyone: I started knitting when I was a child but never got beyond knit 1 purl 2. I just started knitting again and I can't believe what beautiful yarns and patterns exist and all of the wonderful stitches there are. I'm glad I found this site -
Flaxscutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #5738
dendiber
Casting On

Hi, I'm glad I found your site. Looking forward to using it again.
___
Diana
Bergeron, Marthaville, LA
dendiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #5739
sharay
Ribbing the Cuff

learning. . .
Hello!

My knitting skills are bare-bones, but I've been learning more by reading books, using sites such as this, and practice, practice, practice (rip, rip, rip)... I'm looking forward to learning many new skills.

Sharay
sharay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:04 AM   #5740
kmentel
Casting On

Brand new
Hello all. I'm not sure how many of you even check this site anymore now that you're all experienced. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am brand new to knitting, I literally just learned the day before yesterday and I'm already packed with questions.

This amazing site should be loads of help. Be prepared to be bombarded with the easiest little questions!
kmentel is offline   Reply With Quote