Old 03-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #5811
mia27
Casting On

knitting calender
I love this site, I belong to a knitting circle and I refer everyone to this site for the clear practical videos and knitting terminology.

I am looking for a knitting calender called "365 Knitting Stitches a Year Perpetual Calendar" by Ed Martingale. I've had it on back order form Amazon for 3 months. Has anyone seen it online?
mia27 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #5812
Lulunj
Casting On

Hi
Hi All,
Hope Im in the right area, just thought I would introduce myself to you all....
Hugs all
Lulunj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #5813
kishiki4
Casting On

hey
Hey. Just thought I would introduce myself.

*not really good at intros*

kishiki4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:29 AM   #5814
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Welcome to KH everyone

Originally Posted by mia27 View Post
I am looking for a knitting calender called "365 Knitting Stitches a Year Perpetual Calendar" by Ed Martingale. I've had it on back order form Amazon for 3 months. Has anyone seen it online?
Hi Mia27, you may check with your local yarn store they may carry it. I also just goggled for it and it shows up as in stock on Amazon but also for Barnes and Noble and 123 stitch along with several others

knittyannie09~I usually use the knitted on cast on but I make sure you pull that first couple tight to close up the gaps

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:36 AM   #5815
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome to the KH Forum, everyone!

Originally Posted by shannaward View Post
Just wanted to stop by and say HI! I have been knitting for 3 years and am finally tackling my first pair of socks. I started with baby socks for the book 50 Baby Bootees to Knit by Zoe Mellor. The pattern is on pg. 58 and loaded with mistakes! If anyone has the corrections for this book could they let me know. Thanks!
I don't have that book, but I do know of a couple good first sock projects online (free).
Tiny Socks for Beginners - by Cider Moon
Beginner Sock (Small) - by Heartstrings Fiber Arts

Also, you can use Silver's Sock Tutorial to help you along.

Good luck!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #5816
knitkitten
Casting On

introduce myself
Hello
I have been knitting for about a year....I took a 3 hr. class and learned the basics but since i found this wonderful sight it has been so helpful...I thought it was a fad for me but it is hard to just sit and not knit....I have made scarves and dishcloths. I use the cotton yarn as i am alergic to the other.....it is so much fun....I have used many sizes of needles and i am a slow learner so having the videos is wonderful.......Thanks so much
knitkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #5817
Gwynth
Casting On

Hello!
Hello, hello...Just started knitting and I mean just started...very, very addictive I see
Have no computer at home and no internet anyway but hope to have both soon, so feel free to leave me a message here or email me
Looking forward to getting to know everyone!!
Cheers
Gwynth
Gwynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #5818
greylady60
Casting On

New Kid
Hi everyone.
My name is Nora Sheffiled and I live in West Jordan, Utah. I have been knitting most of my life, but serious the past 3 years. I am so excited to just sit by myself and knit. Don't get me wrong I do like knitting with other. My favorite projects are felted purses and socks. I make something homemade for my grandchildren each year for Christmas, so knitting has been a great thing to fall back on. I hope to be able to learn much from this site.
greylady60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #5819
Knitwit57
Casting On

Hi, I am pretty knew to knitting, I have made an afghan, baby toys and now am trying to make a baby dress. The instructions call for *K1, K1 in row below; repeat from *. My question is when you knit one in the row below do you remove that loop off the needle or do you knit one in that loop? I am confused. I would appreciate some help from some expert knitters. I have no one that can show me. Thank you.
Knitwit57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:56 PM   #5820
aaammmyyy
Casting On

howdy, due to a brain injury and lymes disease my brain does not work well at time so please bear with me i get confused easily. i love to knit when im not taking care of my family im taking care of my self by knitting. baby blankets and socks are my favorite things to knit, i can knit at an advanced level if things are written out for me , row by row. i dont do computers so this will also be a learning experience for me.. thank you all for forum
aaammmyyy is offline   Reply With Quote