Old 03-24-2009, 09:41 AM   #5831
Hogheaven59
Casting On

Hello everyone! My name is Nancy, and I just love this site! I live in Spokane WA, and have been knitting and crocheting for years...my mama taught me when I was young...ger...haha (I'm for...for...ahh...nearly fift...ahh...older now ), but it is sites like these that have been most helpful in learning the real ins and outs of knitting...very helpful!!! What a great place to meet other knitters and learn and contribute! Thanks!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #5832
shotzi
Casting On

Cable gaps
Hi! My name is Shotzi and I'm addicted to knitting! Just joined....great site! I'm an adventurous beginner. Self-taught by YOUTUBE! Just finished my first cable project and had gaps in the back of my cables. Littlehouseinthesuburbs reassured me and referred me to you all. I knit the piece in 100% cotton so hopefully the holes will disappear after washing. I LOVE CABLES!
shotzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #5833
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Welcome to KH everyone!!

Scottylou~Would it hope you to mark your rows down? That way whenever you came to Row 1 you would know...or if Row 1 always hits on the right side or wrong side you could put a safety pen on that side and know when you see that to Knit or purl

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #5834
cmtrocks
Casting On

Thanks for the site
I am very appreciative of both the site for the instruction I need as a somewhat new knitter, and also for the community I hope to join.

cmtrocks
cmtrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #5835
TXCrochetNKnitLover
Casting On

New To Knitting
Hi all,

Newbie here from.. you guessed it, Texas!
I have used this site's resources several times lately as a novice knitter. Many people have linked your videos for me to view,and I have found them on YouTube.
Although I am new to knitting I have crocheted for many years, so I think that helped me understand some things better like reading patterns, keeping tension steady and holding the yarn.
I hope to learn a lot from the members here!
TXCrochetNKnitLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:26 PM   #5836
texangryphon
Casting On

Hi, everybody! My name is Erin, and I have just begun to knit a few weeks ago. Every time I find something that I don't know how to do, I come to this site and watch a video, then apply it to my knitting. Thank you so much for this site, and for all the helpful posts in the forum! I have already found answers to some questions there just by doing a search for the issue that is plaguing me at the time.
texangryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:14 PM   #5837
bebedechocolate
Ribbing the Cuff

new here from AZ
hi! I am new to knitting. I have always wanted to learn but never had the chance. JoAnns has classes but they are on days where I work or go to school. :( I found this site and thought I might try to learn using the videos. Nice to meet you all!
bebedechocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #5838
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Welcome to KH! If you ever have a question, just ask in the forums. Usually you get a response back very quickly.

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:12 PM   #5839
Soulsister13
Casting On

Hi There!
Hello, Everyone! I'm a fairly new knitter/crocheter (2 months). I learned the foundation stitches when I was a little girl but got away from the craft.

I look forward to the knitting bonding and wealth of support and knowledge that I will obtain!

Happy knitting/crocheting!!!
Soulsister13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #5840
trishracz
Casting On

New to forum
I originally learned to knit as a child, but didn't get casting on right so I didn't like the results. I gave up and stuck with crochet and counted cross stitch. A stressful job pushed me to the point that I don't have the patience to cross stitch any more (plus my eyes aren't what they used to be), so I've only been doing some crochet and needlepoint for the last few years.

Right after Christmas, my husband was tired of me complaining about being bored and wishing that I could knit, so he looked up other cast on methods for me on the internet.

I tried long tail and it worked. Since Christmas, I've made 6 scarves and a shrug and I'm hooked. I found this site when I was looking for patterns and it has been soooo helpful.

Trish
trishracz is offline   Reply With Quote