Old 05-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #5971
sukigirl74
Casting On

Such a wonderful site!
I just took a beginner's class on knitting and despite the dropped stitches and the general mistakes I have come to enjoy it more and more. When I do get into trouble I head here and watch the videos and check out the forums...such helpful people!
Thank you Amy, the moderators and all the people on the forum for this great site!
sukigirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #5972
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,908 Posts
Hello to all of you! Nice to meet you....I think you'll enjoy our KH Forum. I certainly love it!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #5973
Sobtanian
Casting On

Hello KH!

Been teaching my self how to knit for a few months now, ever since my wife got pregnant with our first baby (yes, I'm a man!). Left handed also but learning the right-handed English way

Almost all the stuff I've done know has been with watching/reading the KH stuff here, so long-time lurcher, first-time poster

Managed to finish 4 things till now: a simple cable scarf and a half-fisherman's rib scarf for Kelly, a little hat and sweater for Adam (the baby, not born yet!)

Most of the stuff I'm doing is from Debbie Bliss' knitting for beginners baby book.

So..... hello KH!
Sobtanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #5974
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to the forum!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:43 AM   #5975
azknitter
Casting On

Hi, I am new to the site and am looking for some help on reading a pattern.. Row 1 goes like this.. K5. *c2b. c2f K9. Rep from * to last 9 sts. C2B. C2F. K5

I do not understand what the c2b and c2f mean..
azknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #5976
Sugar
Casting On

Hello Everyone ,

I'm not sure that I am in the "Introduce Yourself" message box, but it was the only one I saw......I am a quilter, and love it, but as we travel frequently I need something a little more portable than that. I used to knit a long time ago, but since I had teacher, I could only knit realllllly long scarves...........(didn't have the foggiest how to 'turn corners'! or get littler, or bigger....so I quit. I had red knitting needles, and a yellow counter, ......that's it. No patterns, because I didn't understand them. I used to think that home knit sweaters were very blocky and stiff looking, and so I wasn't interested.......but lately, at my local wonderful quilt and craft shop, I have seen women wearing lovely sweaters that look soft and 'gentle'......and have been told that they had knit them themselves...so now, I'm interested.......
My name is Sue, not Sugar, but there seemed to be several forms of Suealready taken when registering ........I'm looking forward to teaching myself to knit productively.....with the videos and posjtings on this site.......my first problem, I need NEEDLES!!.....what is the recommended size to buy for 'beginners'?......I'm sure somewhere on this site there is a suggestion, but in the Getting Started tab, I didn't find it......so Hello!......and Help!
Sue B.
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:21 PM   #5977
Marinemom2
Casting On

Hi Sue, I'm brand new here too. I also used to knit a very long time ago. I really want to get back into it. I'll check-in from time to time and will be scouting around the site. My first project is going to be a simple knit cap. I have to finish a needlepoint project first. Nearly done with it so I'd better get started on it. It's great to be here!
Sheryll
Marinemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #5978
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Originally Posted by azknitter View Post
Hi, I am new to the site and am looking for some help on reading a pattern.. Row 1 goes like this.. K5. *c2b. c2f K9. Rep from * to last 9 sts. C2B. C2F. K5
I do not understand what the c2b and c2f mean..
C2B means "Cable 2 back"
C2F means "Cable 2 forward"
You should see instructions in your pattern for how they want you to do the cables.

Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
...........my first problem, I need NEEDLES!!.....what is the recommended size to buy for 'beginners'?......
There are many different sizes of knitting needles. You'll eventually need all of them. Since you're just beginning, I would recommend buying the needles as you need them for each particular project. Just find a pattern you want to make, and buy the suggested yarn and needles for it. Good luck!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #5979
Sugar
Casting On

Thanks to Sheryl & Shandreh
[quote=Marinemom2;1227837]Hi Sue, I'm brand new here too. I also used to knit a very long time ago. I really want to get back into it. I'll check-in from time to time and will be scouting around the site.

I appreciate the welcome and response about needles and such. From your 'name' Sheryl, ....I'm also a military mom.....all grown up and career he is......I am trying to figure out this site, I know I have more than two replies, but can't find them.......anyone have a solution? I'm not usually so dense about navigating a website....hmmm......'course, haha, if you do, I probably won't be able to find it I'm very excited to learn something new.......I will start watching the videos seriously.......
Thank you!!
Sue B.
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:06 PM   #5980
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
.....I am trying to figure out this site, I know I have more than two replies, but can't find them.......anyone have a solution?
There are a couple things you can do.
You can look at your posts, and see if anyone has replied to them. Click "Quick Links", then "My Profile". In your profile, click "find all posts by Sugar".

Or, you can subscribe to discussion threads you are interested in following. When you are reading a discussion you like, go to the top of the page, click "Thread Tools", then click "Subscribe to this Thread".

Be sure you have your email notifications turned on, so you'll receive an email when people reply to those posts and discussion threads.

Good luck!