Old 05-15-2009, 06:23 AM   #6011
Rayncloud
Casting On

Hi everyone I'm Amy from NC. I am 32 and I have been knitting for about 7 years. I am so eager to learn new things. I am so happy to have stumbled onto this site.
Rayncloud is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #6012
seemadavid
Casting On

Originally Posted by amy View Post
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself and say hi!

Check out the common abbreviations used on this forum, to decode our chit chat.

To make a post here, you need to "register." When you register, you are required to enter your email address, primarily so we can email you your password, if you ever forget it. You will have the option to "show" your email address. This lets members click a link to email you, but they don't actually get to see your email address. Your email address is protected from spam-harvesting by being hidden.

Don't be shy, we're a very friendly community! We look forward to your posting!

Enjoy our forum!
Amy
Hi and thanks for th ewelcome! I am a new knitter...abt 4 weeks or so and am working on a Afghan of 12 squares and have got to my 4th square...and am stumped with the stitch- purl with wrap 3PW3 and in the next row I have to slip2. Can u help???
seemadavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:49 PM   #6013
copmil
Casting On

Hi Everyone from New Zealand,

My name is Jo and I just started knitting last year. I've used this site many times for the videos and am not sure why I have never looked at the forum before.

This is a great site and is pretty much the only site I use to sort out stitches etc.

Looking forward to looking around a bit more

copmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:12 PM   #6014
Franogram
Casting On

Thanks for the welcome! I am a Great Grandmother so I don't know how well I"ll fit here but I have been knitting for years and still learning, hopefully from you all. Right now I"m into socks (not that good at it yet) I found a pattern on the internet for "Easy worsted Weight socks" I am making them with "Noro Yarn" which I love. Next I"d like to learn how do do socks on circular needles and I definately need help with that!
Franogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #6015
Rosley
Casting On

Hello from Australia!
This is a fantastic site. I consider myself an experienced knitter in the 'British' method, but I've heard that the continental method is faster. Went looking for tips and videos and found your site. Fantastic videos, so easy to follow the methods and much, much better than trying to learn from a book! Fantastic!
Rosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #6016
Lisabrubinstein
Casting On

Just followed the instructions from someone for bind off in rib and finished my first sweater without even having to go to the knit shop again!!! Thank you!!!
Lisabrubinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #6017
JudyKnits
Casting On

New to Knitting Help
Hi Everyone,
My name is Judy & I learned to knit in my 20s. Now I'm in my 60s and find knitting to be a wonderful hobby. It keeps my hands out of the cookie jar!

I look forward to reading about the joys and struggles of knitting.
JudyKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:57 PM   #6018
JudyKnits
Casting On

Hello! My name is Judy. I'm a grandmother and I think you will fit in just fine (with me anyway). We can all use help from time to time. I'm fairly new to knitting even though I learned in my 20's. The first things I knitted were scarf, hat, and socks. I love knitting socks and a friend gave me a great hint on using cotton-elastic yarn. It sure made a difference! Keep working on those socks. I've made 4 pair and each one gets easier and easier. Sorry, I haven't used circular needles yet so can't help you there.
I'm sure there is someone here to help though.
JudyKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:45 PM   #6019
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,906 Posts
Welcome to our wonderful KH Forum everyone!

Originally Posted by seemadavid View Post
.......am stumped with the stitch- purl with wrap 3PW3 and in the next row I have to slip2. Can u help???
I'll copy your question to the "How To" section. Hopefully, you'll get some help there.

Originally Posted by Franogram View Post
......I"d like to learn how do do socks on circular needles and I definately need help with that!
Here is a wonderful free tutorial on knitting socks with circular needles: Silver's Sock Class
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:50 AM   #6020
wshera
Casting On

knitting help
Originally Posted by wshera View Post
Hi Amy,
thank you for welcoming to knitting help.com. i started knitting when my grandson was born in Jan. this year and have been knitting since then. i have knitted a couple of projects for example hats, gloves but i am getting better at by the day. would like your help on this particular pattern that says"K2(p1,k2,p1)" do i knit the stitches within the brackets several time or do i repeat knit the 2 stitches outside the brackets as well. also one more question. how do i increase in a purl stitch. this site is so awesome. and found most of the knitting solutions. please help. thank you. wshera
wshera is offline   Reply With Quote