Old 05-20-2009, 12:46 PM   #6031
irispetitefleur
Casting On

Hello !

My name is Iris, I'm 31, and I am a french knitter.
I Loooove this site (the more helpfull I've found until there !). I don't come very often, but I always learn a lot !
Thanks for shearing your knowledge !

*I*
irispetitefleur is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #6032
emraldeyz
Casting On

Another newbie Knitter
I first got interested in knitting when I saw the infomercial for the "Incredible Sweater Machine". I love sweaters and it looked so easy. So I bought one. It worked fine but I wanted something that could easily do more complex things so I bought a PASSAP E-6000. It was a great machine but unfortunately it was destroyed in storage after moving from Texas to Florida.

I am teaching myself to knit by hand as I now don't have money to replace the machines. I can knit and purl but don't ask me to do shaping yet . So far scarves are the limit of my knitting ability.

I am looking for people who knit here in the Hernando Co., FL area who can help me be more creative. If you know of a group drop me a line.
emraldeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:08 AM   #6033
Irishmam
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi, I am a brand new knitter inspired by reading a brilliant novel by Gil McNeil called "Divas Don't knit", which of course they do...
Irishmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:24 AM   #6034
Christinamay
Casting On

Hi from the uk, I started knitting again after 20 years, need lots of help that's how I found this site! Also teaching myself crochet again with the help of the happy hooker.
Christinamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:57 AM   #6035
StellasKnits
Casting On

Intro to StellasKnits
Hi everyone! I stumbled across your site (can't remember how) and am thrilled to be a part of it. I learned to knit over 40 years ago from my Norwegian grandma and have been selling my items at craft shows for many years (thanks Grandma!). I recently opened up my Etsy store and am pleasantly surprised at the number of people interested in my work! If anyone is interested in viewing my site you can visit it at www.stellasknits.etsy.com. I'd LOVE to hear from you and any comments you may have. I look forward to becoming a more active member of knittinghelp.com!

Vicki
StellasKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #6036
StellasKnits
Casting On

Congratulations! You've just entered the addictive world of knitting!
StellasKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #6037
lmanafort
Casting On

Introduction
Hi Everyone!

I am really excited to have found your website. I love to knit, quilt, crochet, garden and workout. I have recently sold my business so I have plenty of time for all my projects.

I live in Vermont on a large farm where my husband raises Scottish Highland cattle.

Would love to chat with all knitters. I'm not a beginner but need to move up to intermediate stuff with guidance.

Would really like to hear from all of you.

Liz
lmanafort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:36 PM   #6038
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome to our wonderful KH Forum, everyone!

Originally Posted by emraldeyz View Post
........I bought a PASSAP E-6000. It was a great machine but unfortunately it was destroyed in storage after moving from Texas to Florida .
So sorry that happened!
I am teaching myself to knit by hand as I now don't have money to replace the machines. I can knit and purl but don't ask me to do shaping yet . So far scarves are the limit of my knitting ability.
Check out the "Videos" on our website (at the top of this webpage). Amy Finlay did a lot of work recording them for our education. It's the first place I go when I have to learn a new technique!

I am looking for people who knit here in the Hernando Co., FL area who can help me be more creative. If you know of a group drop me a line.
Check out our "Knitters Knear You" section. Just go to the main forum page, and you'll see it there.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:13 AM   #6039
Veraswanee
Casting On

Originally Posted by amy View Post
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself and say hi!

Check out the common abbreviations used on this forum, to decode our chit chat.

To make a post here, you need to "register." When you register, you are required to enter your email address, primarily so we can email you your password, if you ever forget it. You will have the option to "show" your email address. This lets members click a link to email you, but they don't actually get to see your email address. Your email address is protected from spam-harvesting by being hidden.

Don't be shy, we're a very friendly community! We look forward to your posting!

Enjoy our forum!
Amy
I have just registered to be on this site. My name is Carol and I live in Australia. I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice re some socks I am trying to knit and have already pulled out and started again. These are 2-Needle Socks and the instructions seem clear but I am having difficulty as I need things to be spelled out for me. I would need to attach the pattern to see if someone can help me out with my questions re certain aspects of the pattern, I suppose I need an expert in 2 needle sock knitting to guide me. Thank you.
Veraswanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:39 PM   #6040
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome, Veraswanee!

There is a wonderful step-by-step tutorial online that really helped me when I was learning to knit socks. I've made 22 pairs of socks since then, so I know it works.

http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote