Old 06-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #6091
mbrawn
Casting On

Hi everyone
Hi,
I'm a beginner. I found that web site and was really impressed with the videos and they helped a lot
mbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #6092
emmilen
Casting On

Hi!

I'm Emmilen and have been knitting for about 4 years. I love the videos here--very helpful! My favorite projects to knit are socks, but I've knit at least one of almost everything. I'm not an expert, that's for sure! I look forward to my time here.
emmilen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #6093
knitmuse
Casting On

Hello, I am new to this site and the knitting community. My friend introduced me to it yesterday & I'm addicted, i'm still 'perfecting' the basics until I feel comfortable to actually make something, but I'm glad I found something to do to spend my summer. -knitmuse
knitmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #6094
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Hello everyone! Welcome to our wonderful KH Forum!

Originally Posted by soulmate View Post
.....I've been knitting for a long time. I lost my husband to cancer in January..........I'm just now starting to get back into it..........I go to yarn shops and it seems that buying yarn and patterns is my therapy.
Believe me, you are definitely among friends.
A lot of us have experienced loss in our lives, and our yarn and knitting is EXCELLENT therapy!

Originally Posted by ohhhdear View Post
Hi everyone! I'm Marty................I'm having trouble translating the dpn patterns to Magic Loop when you get to the heel. Anybody have some tips or have gone through this too?
You'll probably find lots of help in the "How To" section of the forum. Good luck!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #6095
Minerka
Casting On

Introduction
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself and to say thank you for the many excellent videos and tips. I am not a novice knitter, but am mostly self-taught - and I am learning every day. I have made lots of small baby things, mostly top down, and am in the process of knitting socks right now.

I am a single mother or two grown daughters and have 6 grandchildren, 5 by my eldest daughter, who is a stay-at-home Mom, and 1 by my younger daughter who is a junior high school music teacher. My thrill in life is when I get to babysit, or just spend time with the grandchildren.

I hope to utilize this forum for help many times in the future. Thanks again for letting me join you.
Minerka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #6096
MariSav
Casting On

Hi
Hi everyone. Obviously I'm new here. And I'm very new in knitting. For the longest time I wanted to learn how to knit. I learned a few basics but never advanced. Since I found this site I learned a lot more tricks. This is a great site and I love it!!
MariSav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #6097
LauraN
Casting On

Hello all, Thanks for the great site. And it's nice to join the community. Been knitting for about 1 yr. and taking on a simple two-color baby layette in prep for my first grandchild (blanket, sweater, helmet, booties). Nice change from scarves :-) Started with the blanket of course, it's just a fat scarf! The videos and instructions take the fear out of trying something new.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #6098
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Ohh Dear -On magic loop, there are two needles. Use one needle for the heel stitches and the other needle for the instep stitiches.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #6099
Knitswithcat
Casting On

HELP WITH SUSPENDED BIND-OFF PLEASE!

Hello! I was looking at your Suspended-Bind off technique (I am binding off a shawl I made) and the video goes too fast for me & I couldn't get any sound to listen to the instructor, either. I replayed it over & over. I appreciate that this site has excellent tutorials, but I can't seem to see & hear all I need to in order to "get" this bind off.

Can anyone please type out for me, step, by step, how to do this process? Truly appreicate that this site is here and so willing to help and be friendly and wholesome!

Ex.

#1- Knit two stitches;

#2- ??????

Thanks & Happy Knitting
Melody
Knitswithcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #6100
nitrous
Casting On

Originally Posted by amy View Post
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself and say hi!

Check out the common abbreviations used on this forum, to decode our chit chat.

To make a post here, you need to "register." When you register, you are required to enter your email address, primarily so we can email you your password, if you ever forget it. You will have the option to "show" your email address. This lets members click a link to email you, but they don't actually get to see your email address. Your email address is protected from spam-harvesting by being hidden.

Don't be shy, we're a very friendly community! We look forward to your posting!

Enjoy our forum!
Amy
Well I am off to a bad start, I dont know where you introduce yourself. I have looked but cant figure it out Nitrous
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote