Old 06-22-2009, 10:43 AM   #6111
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Do you have a pattern that you need help with, or need the pattern? There are stitches at knittingonthenet.com, knittingpatterncentral.com, and at knittingfool.com I'm pretty sure there's a faggot st or two on a couple of them.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #6112
princessmomma
Casting On

Hello!
Hi! My name is Jennifer and I am teaching myself how to knit. It's been a lot of fun so far and I've become a master at making washcloths. Thanks to a very encouraging mother in law I'm starting to move on to some more complex projects and really enjoying myself.

A little about me: My husband and I have been married for 9 years. He works full time and I stay at home and home school our 3 children. We have 2 daughters who are 6 and 3 and just welcomed our son into the world 6 weeks ago. I also enjoy creating scrapbooks and other paper crafts and am always up for trying something new when it comes to crafts.

Jennifer
princessmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:33 PM   #6113
1granny45
Casting On

Hi Amy I can't find where to "register", And where do I "introduce myself???
Help,
1granny45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #6114
srnsgoalie
Casting On

Hi. My name's Christa and I'm from British Columbia, Canada. I just wanted to say thanks for this site. The videos are extremely useful, as I can't seem to learn anything from a book. I learned to knit when I was 5 years old. I knit mostly character sweaters for friends' children and babies. I also knit for a charity called Caring Hearts that provides knitted wear to underpriviledged children. You can see some photos of what I'm working on, as well as my finished projects at http://knitassassin.blogspot.com

Thanks again.
srnsgoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:58 AM   #6115
stitch626
Casting On

New girl in town!
I'm a new knitter. I don't acctually call myslef a "knitter" because I'm so new to all this. I do love what I've made so far (which is 4 braclettes for some of my friends). A soon as my camera starts working I will post some pics. I love working with my hands. I acctually started doing handi-crafts with crocheting. My high school teacher taught me. Did I mention that I'm like 18?
stitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:47 AM   #6116
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome to the KH Forum, everyone!

Originally Posted by 1granny45 View Post
Hi Amy I can't find where to "register", And where do I "introduce myself???
Help,
You just did!
This is the place to introduce yourself.
So, if you want to reply with more information about yourself, go right ahead.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:46 AM   #6117
DNICE
Casting On

This site is exceptional!!
Hola my name is Denice! Every time I have a question on knitting techniques I always wind up here. The videos are always so very helpful and gets me on my way. I have used the help now for two years and didn't realize it had a forum...YAY!!! I learned to knit with my mom many years ago and let it go until a couple years ago when I wanted to make a baby blanket. 3 babies later I have become very good at the baby blankets, sweaters, hats, gloves, scarfs, socks and dresses. When I don't have something to knit then I pace. I am glad to help anybody if I can. And hope that someone may be able to help me as I am very exasperated on a recent pattern I have that reads binding off/casting off at the end of a row. Is their anyone out there that can help me?
I appreciate it and Thank you very much!
DNICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #6118
BreScrambled
Casting On

Hi my name is Bre and I just started learning how to knit this past Wednesday June 24! I am 16 years old and volunteer at a nursing home my mother works at. There I was taught just how to purl and knit from an 100 year old woman, who is sharper and more with it than most people I know. Grandma B is what she wants me to call her. She is having me start with a US size 10 small (in length) needles. She casted on for me, yet hasn't showed me how to do it, so I am going to try to myself this weekend with out her help for I want to try something new other than the scarf-like thing she is just having me practicing with. Currently it is 15 inches long and 20 stitches across.

This is a link to my blogger I created for my journey to becoming a perfect knitter http://brekniting.blogspot.com/

...just discovering knitting....
BreScrambled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #6119
Babbadean
Casting On

hello
Hey y'all,
I am so glad that this site is here cuz i started knitting a few years ago, then stopped for some reason. Not sure why! But I wanted to start again and did not want to pay to start learning again.
I am the mother of 3 young men. One of whom just got married and I am going to be a grandma, of a little boy and i want to knit him a sweater, though the only other thing I have knitted have been scarves.
OH yeah I forgot to say I am from NW Georgia, where it is extremely hot and muggy, I want to go where the cold is and snow!!
Barbara

Last edited by Babbadean : 06-26-2009 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Because I want to!! ;o)
Babbadean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:25 PM   #6120
TJKnit
Casting On

Hey there, I'm fairly new to knitting and had been told about this site but never made it here until now. I just finished my second scarf (just in time for the 100+ degree weather of Dallas ... ugh!!) and am looking to move onto something new. All I have done so far are ribbed patterns and grid patterns from knit/purl. I know nothing about different types of yarn and pretty much taught myself what little I do know by reading "I Can't Believe I'm Knitting," with a little extra help from my mom on the whole tinking thing (thanks mom!!). I can't wait to check out the videos and start learning, learning, learning. Thanks to all of you for putting this together and offering all sorts of support.
Cheers!
-T
-ETA: Oops, forgot to say ... my name is Tara. Hi!
TJKnit is offline   Reply With Quote