Old 06-28-2009, 03:25 PM   #6121
twinmomma416
Casting On

Hi to everyone.

My name is Kim and I had started to teach myself to knit before I got pregnant with my twins. My mom crocheted when I was a kid, and she always promised she would make the twins blankets. She never did, and I've decided to right the wrong (it's a really long story).

So because I had gotten rid of all my stuff, I went out yesterday and bought two skeins for practicing, a size 8 circular needle set, and a gauge ruler and some markers. Hopefully that's all I need just to get my feet under me again. Then I'll start working on a basic blanket for the twins that doesn't require too many advanced skills. Hope I can find some help here!

Thanks,
Kim
twinmomma416 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-29-2009, 01:50 AM   #6122
Leania
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi, I'm Leania (its the name I use to sign all my arts and crafts things). I'm somewhat new to knitting, I was taught by my trainer for the job I used to work at and have since continued. Sadly I get distracted and frustrated easily and either completly undo the project I was working on, or it sits unfinished for a long while. I'm still working on my blanket that I'm crocheting for a king sized bed. I have enough yarn, just get distracted easily. I'm almost done with a scarf I'm currently on, and I finished a small..."thing" when I was learning double pointed needles. Looks like a small open bag with no pull-strings or a way to close it. I'm working on a more advanced project and I'll be posting in the help section next. I haven't seen the topic covered yet.

I'm a 27 year old mommy of a hyper-active 2 year old boy who hates it when mommy is doing something other than sitting still. Never fails, he's in his room playing, I pull out my knitting, he comes running in. :D No wonder I can't finish anything, LOL!
Leania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #6123
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to the Forum everyone.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:50 AM   #6124
JuliaNursten
Casting On

Introduction
Good Afternoon,
I am an experienced knitter, living in sunny Worthing in the UK.
I have always avoided knitting patterns with different colours as I don't know how to weave the different colours on the wrong side of fabric. I have tried various things and have undone all my work again as it doesn't look smooth. Can anyone help?
JuliaNursten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:05 AM   #6125
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
Welcome to our wonderful forum!

Originally Posted by DNICE View Post
Hola my name is Denice!.............hope that someone may be able to help me as I am very exasperated on a recent pattern I have that reads binding off/casting off at the end of a row. Is their anyone out there that can help me? I appreciate it and Thank you very much!
Hi Denice! If you post your question in the "How To" section of the forum, you'll get lots of help. Good luck!

Originally Posted by JuliaNursten View Post
Good Afternoon,
I am an experienced knitter, living in sunny Worthing in the UK.
I have always avoided knitting patterns with different colours as I don't know how to weave the different colours on the wrong side of fabric. I have tried various things and have undone all my work again as it doesn't look smooth. Can anyone help?
I'm no expert, but I usually weave in the ends at the section that was knit with each specific color. That way, the yarn doesn't show through to the other side. You can see a tutorial for weaving in ends here:
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/FEATfall04TT.html
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #6126
jlbw
Casting On

Crocheter gone Knitting
Hello!
I haven't picked up knitting needles since I was a child, so I am rather new again. I am a crocheter and am ready to transition to knitting. For the last 6 weeks, I have been enrolled in classes and doing well. I am so excited about this new adventure and really want to understand and own it! I just pray I have the time to keep up with it. I am hoping to meet new friends and gain knowledge from this forum. I have enjoyed reading comments on the threads and already feel welcome to this site! I'm excited to be knitting again!
Happy knitting!
Janet
jlbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #6127
fransis
Casting On

Send a message via MSN to fransis Send a message via Yahoo to fransis Send a message via Skype™ to fransis
hi
hi! Everyone! My name is Fransis
fransis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #6128
suebeebee
Casting On

Newbie here
I tripped onto this site looking for a pattern. Haven't found the pattern yet but love the site! My nick name is Suebee. I have had it for a few decades! I have been knitting for around 6 or so years. I love it!
I am going to go wander around the site to find the pattern I want...I hope.

Suebee
suebeebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #6129
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to the forum everyone.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #6130
MrlynW
Casting On

Hi Everyone
Just made the Heart Double Knit Hot Pad in yellow and white. It is so cool.

I took photos of it, but don't know how to upload them. They ask for a URL and they are not on a website. They were uploaded from my camera to my computer. Can anyone tell me how to show this adorable hot pad.

I love this website. It's the best!!!
MrlynW is offline   Reply With Quote