Old 07-20-2009, 08:23 AM   #6171
adam87
Casting On

Location: Thomson, Georgia when I am not in college over the summer
Hey everyone! My names Adam and I have been knitting on and off for about a year, but I plan on getting way more involved in it. I have so far knitted a beautiful scarf using a regular knit stitch (garder stitch) and I use the continental method. I am really excited about learning how to purl and making all sorts of nice stuff, especially blankets and afghans.
adam87 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #6172
chicsimple
Casting On

hello can anyone help me read a pattern i am having trouble with
Hello,
I live in new city ny and recently came back to knitting. I am having trouble understanding a pattern. Is there any help out there for me.
Thanks appreciate any contact.
chicsimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:55 PM   #6173
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome to the KH Forum, everyone!

Originally Posted by chicsimple View Post
Hello,
I live in new city ny and recently came back to knitting. I am having trouble understanding a pattern. Is there any help out there for me.
Thanks appreciate any contact.
Hello there!
You'll get lots of help if you post your question in the "How To" section of our forum. Be sure to post a link to the pattern, so we'll know what you're asking about.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:40 AM   #6174
pinksugar
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi everyone!

I've been bouncing around here the last couple of days and I only just stumbled on this intro thread today!

My name is Rosie, I learnt to knit when I was young, but it's a hobby that I take up every now and then, rather than continuously.

At the moment I'm studying for my masters in Museum studies, and next monday I'm heading to Italy for a 6 month internship with an italian museum.

My current knitting project is a harry potter prizoner of azkaban scarf, and I originally stumbled on KH searching for info about flying with bamboo needles. I called my airline and wanted to pass on my new knowledge to other knitters travelling to or from Australia!

nice to meet you all, and see you on the boards!
pinksugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:16 AM   #6175
wadcorbe
Ribbing the Cuff

Another newbie!
Hi, another newbie here (to this forum and to knitting!). A couple of months ago I was watching Martha Stewart, and her show was on knitting. I was inspired to learn, and here I am today, 1 sweater, 1 dress, 1 scarf, 2 hats, and many swatches later! I have lots to learn, and many questions to ask - can't wait to get started!
wadcorbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #6176
lestrella
Turning the Heel

Welcome everyone!
Pinksugar, I love your avatar! How do you make your eyes blink? That is so cool!

Check my flickr photos!
lestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #6177
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome to the KH Forum, everyone!
I think you'll like it here.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #6178
ptpopovich
Casting On

Hello All!
I am SO glad I found this site! My mother has been a knitter for years and my greatest reference source. I learned basics back in junior high school but lost interest. I started back up again this last year, mainly making scarves for friends and family. I found so many great patterns and designs that now I am moving to the next level. My first project is a soft and cozy shrug for a co-worker who is currently going through chemotherapy for cancer. I am making it in her favorite color (pink) and hope that whenever she puts it on she will feel as if she is getting a hug and some love. It is turning out very nicely and I can't wait to see the end results!
My mom is moving back to Florida so I am losing my biggest resource. I am one of those who learns best by watching or getting very detailed directions. Finding this site is SUCH a great relief!! I just watched the video on casting on with the continental stitch. I wish I had found this a year ago! (Mom uses a different method to cast on) Thank you so very much for this site. I have no doubt I will be coming here from now on. Knit on!!!
ptpopovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:21 AM   #6179
pinksugar
Ribbing the Cuff

lestrella, you use a gif making program - basically 3 pictures of yourself, one with eyes open, one almost closed, and one closed, then the program just cycles through them so it looks like you're blinking :D

someone on another forum made this one for me, I think it's so cute!
pinksugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #6180
wizards
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to wizards
Hello! I've been using the site for awhile to learn further from what my grandma taught me and I finally got around to joining the forums. I can already tell this will be very useful too!
wizards is offline   Reply With Quote