Old 08-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #6201
JeanAnne
Casting On

My Introduction
Hi everybody!
I just joined tonight. I found you while looking for info on knit stitches on the internet. I checked out this forum and I thought that I'd like to join, so here I am.

I live in the USA in the great state of Georgia. I live with my doggy Little Bit. I crochet and I knit. My specialty is granny afghans. In knitting I knit caps and scarves and once I knit a V stitch afghan. I'd like to learn how to make other things like legwarmers for example or two needle socks (don't like double pointed needles). I'd also like to learn how to design my own garments and to make cables without a cable needle.
JeanAnne is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-09-2009, 03:39 AM   #6202
heidig
Casting On

Hello. I am a Norwegian knitter and crafter. I am new in the forums, but the knittinghelp site is not new to me, I have used it a LOT for help on knitting issues and we are linking to the videos all the time from our free pattern blog, pickles

Heidi

Last edited by heidig : 08-09-2009 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Make a proper link
heidig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #6203
zookeeper8
Casting On

So glad I found this site!! I generally consider myself an advanced knitter, having learned at age six and knitted all my life. I learned crochet from an eminently patient collegue while in Nursing School inthe 70's. Recently I have become bored with the usual patterns, cables, charts, etc, but have a pattern for slippers from CocoKnits that calls for 2 circular needles and I just can't seem to get the hang of it! all other tutorials show it used for small areas, however this pattern calls for you to pick up 50 stitches on each side. Am I the only one who finds this method confusing?? I don't want to give up so any help anyone can give is appreciated! Will work on other projects in meantime! I am sure most of you , like me always have several projects going at a time. I never leave the house without my knitting bag! appreciate any help and glad to be a member of this wonderful forum!!
zookeeper8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #6204
MissRandom
Casting On

I'm MissRandom! I hope I'm doing this right am I?
MissRandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #6205
blueygh2
Turning the Heel

You're doing it right! Welcome abord!

I'm NOT a "miss", I'm a lady!
blueygh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #6206
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
Welcome to the KH Forum, everyone!

Originally Posted by JeanAnne View Post
.......I'd like to learn how to make other things like legwarmers for example or two needle socks (don't like double pointed needles). I'd also like to learn how to design my own garments and to make cables without a cable needle.
If you don't like double-pointed needles, you might want to look for instructions on doing the "magic loop" method, or "two circulars". Good luck!

Originally Posted by zookeeper8 View Post
.........have a pattern for slippers from CocoKnits that calls for 2 circular needles and I just can't seem to get the hang of it! all other tutorials show it used for small areas, however this pattern calls for you to pick up 50 stitches on each side...
You'll get lots more help if you post this question in the "How To" section of the forum.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #6207
AlexisB
Casting On

Hi!
Hello, fellow knitters. I'm Alexis, and I I look forward to being on this site to get helpful tips from other experts on new stitches, ideas for projects, and a fellowship of friends. Thankyou everyone for making me feel so welcome! If anyone has ideas for projects, please tell me so I can try them out!
AlexisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #6208
dawn2knit
Casting On

Great Site!
I just found your site, and I look forward to coming back often! My grandmother taught me how to knit many years ago, and I hope to pass the skill on to my granddaughters. I started a "journal" a couple of years ago with pictures of my finished projects together with all pertient information -- a copy of the pattern, the needle size, special notes, etc. It's proven to be a very helpful reference and a nice reminder of projects completed. I have added knittinghelp.com to my Favorites so that it will be easy to come back to!
dawn2knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #6209
littlebit
Casting On

Hello Everyone

My name is littlebit. I just joined your group, and am looking forward
to making new friends as well as getting help with knitting problems.
littlebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #6210
metanisbet
Casting On

Knitting Instructor Sends Students to Knittinghelp.com
I'm happy to be here. I own a yarn shop in Western Massachusetts in which I teach many novice and beginning knitters. At the end of the very first session with all the new knitters I recommend they go to Knittinghelp.com to remind themselves of the basics I've just taught. These are the easiest training videos available, and since I teach exactly what she demonstrates and the way she demonstrates, it is a great way for the new knitters to refresh what they learned at my lesson.

I hope it will always be there so I can direct my students and customers to the help they need.
metanisbet is offline   Reply With Quote