Old 08-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #6211
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Welcome to our wonderful KH Forum, everyone!

Originally Posted by AlexisB View Post
Hello, fellow knitters. I'm Alexis.........If anyone has ideas for projects, please tell me so I can try them out!
Hi Alexis! If you click the "Patterns" button at the top of this page, you'll see some fun projects there. Also, I have a link to some beginner patterns in my signature below. Good luck with your knitting!

Originally Posted by dawn2knit View Post
........I started a "journal" a couple of years ago with pictures of my finished projects together with all pertient information -- a copy of the pattern, the needle size, special notes, etc......
There is another website you would also enjoy for your knitting reference. It's called "Ravelry". Here's a link: www.ravelry.com
Just go to that website, and get your registration started (it's all free), and they will send you an invitation to participate. I keep all my yarn, needles, hooks and projects referenced there, and it's so nice!

Originally Posted by littlebit View Post
.....looking forward to making new friends as well as getting help with knitting problems.
Be sure to check out our "Knitters Knear You" section to find people in your area, and read through our "How To" section for help with knitting problems.

Originally Posted by metanisbet View Post
........I own a yarn shop in Western Massachusetts........At the end of the very first session with all the new knitters I recommend they go to Knittinghelp.com
Thanks for recommending our site! I feel the same way as you - I hope it's here FOREVER!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-13-2009, 11:26 PM   #6212
athanasia01
Casting On

Hi Everyone I am a greenhorn at knitting......
I am teaching myself to knit and just learning by youtube.I am so thrilled I found this site. I am knitting a scarf and ran out of yarn and sat at my computer for 2 hours trying to figure out how to join the yarn together! I watched the video here and did it in less than a minute! Thank you so much it was awesome and so simple. I cannot wait to look at the other video's and get pointers from everyone here.
Athanasia
athanasia01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:48 PM   #6213
mollybja
Casting On

Helping my mom
I am Val, my mother is Mollybja. We are new to knitting, well my mom knows the stitches but has never really done anything. I found this site and think it would really help her as she has quite a few questions. She is very determine to get this knitting thing right and has been up at nights trying to solve her problems. I am very happy to be here and hope I can get some help for my mom.
mollybja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:49 AM   #6214
WiggySA
Casting On

Thanks
Hi All. Love the site!!!! I am an enthusiastic South African knitter. Have 5 grandchildren who keep my hands busy.
WiggySA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:45 AM   #6215
Alienor
Casting On

Hi, I'm Alienor from Germany, learned how to knit, to crochet and to spin from my Grandma about 40yrs ago.
There were long periods without doing anything but I came back to all of them in the last 3 yrs during a severe illness.
Now I'm fully recovered and I'm trying my hands at spinning some lace yarn on a Spindolyn for a lace shawl.
In the meantime I'm knitting socks with purchased sock yarns.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:50 PM   #6216
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Welcome everyone!
I hope you all enjoy yourselves in our wonderful KH Forum.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #6217
antique
Casting On

Hello anyone know the antique Saxony spinning wheel
Hi, I am wondering if the knob on the left of my spinning wheel on my profile picture has anything to do with tension adjustment or is it just decoration? It slightly twists, but I can't imagine it is connected to anything.
antique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #6218
Fonda
Casting On

Thanks for making me feel so welcomed! I can use all the help I can get as I have joined the Prayer Shawl group at our church and am a first time knitter. We knit shawls for those who are in a situation and would like to feel someone is thinking about them and praying for their health and comfort.
I absolutely love your videos....fantastic. I am ready to place my order to Knitpicks for those needles I see on your web site.
Thanks again for all your help.
Fonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #6219
togethermake3
Casting On

New to this Forum
Hey everyone, I'm not a new knitter but I'm not by any means an experienced knitter since, frankly, I've only ever knitted a couple of basic scarves and dishcloths. I'm branching out though and have decided to try my hand at a few other things. This site was a blessing when I found it last night the video's are awesome

Thanks so much I look forward to coming here more often

Bonnie
togethermake3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #6220
PeggyH
Casting On

new to knitting
I took a little class at our library this summer and am now knitting a scarf! So exciting. Our local yarn shop owner told me about this website. I'm looking forward to checking out the videos and forum topics. Peggy in Indiana
PeggyH is offline   Reply With Quote