Old 08-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #6261
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,892 Times in 3,013 Posts
Welcome to our Knitting Family to all of our new members!

You'll love it here!

We look forward to seeing your projects in our WHATCHA KNITTING forum! And, please feel free to ask for help on any projects in our HOW TO forum! We have so many helpful members who jump right on it!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-31-2009, 04:57 PM   #6262
Barbie
Casting On

A new grandmother project
I am going to be a new grandmother. I only know how to knit and purl. I have made the diagonal dishcloths but wanted to make small wash cloths for the baby. Maybe only 6" or so. Can anyone recommend a straight pattern and the right yarn? Thank you.
Barbie
Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #6263
RoseTaylor
Casting On

INTRO:
HI~my name is Rose Taylor and I am a beginning knitter. I have learned how to knit continenal stitches~purl and knit. I hope to make a sweater in the future. Rose
RoseTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #6264
guitarpena
Casting On

new to knitting.
Hi, my name is John. I'm 48 years old and have been crocheting for about 18 years. I speciallize in baby afgans for my children and grandchildren. I'm new to knitting and already have been doing the purl stich, knitt stich, and binding, and cable stich patterns. I would like to ask, if its normal for the first and last row to be so loose when your knittin?

Check out the common abbreviations used on this forum, to decode our chit chat.

To make a post here, you need to "register." When you register, you are required to enter your email address, primarily so we can email you your password, if you ever forget it. You will have the option to "show" your email address. This lets members click a link to email you, but they don't actually get to see your email address. Your email address is protected from spam-harvesting by being hidden.

Don't be shy, we're a very friendly community! We look forward to your posting!

Enjoy our forum!
Amy[/quote]
guitarpena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #6265
theresep
Casting On

Help! I am very new to knitting and I am making baby booties (Mary Jane style) I am stuck at rejoin yarn where you started binding off 21 stitches. I get that part, then Cast on 12 stitches using cable cast-on method. I understand cable cast on method,
but how do I start this and what does it connect to?
theresep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:46 PM   #6266
sissyv
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi I'm new to this site and I have lots of questions. I learned the basics of knitting from my grandma and a book. I knit blankets and dishcloths but now I want to venture out into sweaters and become an intermediate knitter instead of a beginner. Thanks for making this site free! I have a weakness for buying yarn and I dont like to spend to ask questions! I will post my questions on a forum
Thanks
Sissyv
sissyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:08 AM   #6267
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome everyone, to our wonderful KH Forum!

Originally Posted by Rorshach View Post
Thanks for the welcome back, Shandeh. I'm just about finished with a sweater I've been working with on and off over the last year or so, when I'm done I'll be posting pics of it.
Looking forward to seeing those photos!

Originally Posted by Barbie View Post
........wanted to make small wash cloths for the baby. Maybe only 6" or so. Can anyone recommend a straight pattern and the right yarn? Thank you.
Hi Barbie!
Here are some baby wash cloth patterns for you:
Baby Wash Cloths
Buttercup Baby Cloth #2
Buttercup Baby Cloth #1
How To Knit a Baby Washcloth

Originally Posted by guitarpena View Post
Hi, my name is John........I would like to ask, if its normal for the first and last row to be so loose when your knittin?
Hi John!
Most of us have a problem with those rows being too TIGHT. It's interesting that yours are too loose. Just keep practicing, and you'll get better at making those rows look more consistent with the rest of your knitted item. Just pull the yarn a bit tighter as you cast on and bind off.

Originally Posted by theresep View Post
Help! I am very new to knitting and I am making baby booties (Mary Jane style) I am stuck at rejoin yarn where you started binding off 21 stitches. I get that part, then Cast on 12 stitches using cable cast-on method. I understand cable cast on method, but how do I start this and what does it connect to?
Hello! I'm going to copy your question to the "How To" section of the forum, so you'll get some help. You also should post a link to the pattern there, so others can know how to help you better.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #6268
Kellymike
Casting On

Hi there
Hi there,

My name is Kelly and I'm a new knitter... again! I tried to learn a very long time ago and I finished half a sweater, LOL. Wonder what ever happened to that? I remember it was red...

Anyway after all this time, here I am again. Once I get the basics back, I want to make a stretchy knitted shopping bag. Any good pattern suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited by Kellymike : 09-02-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Kellymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #6269
MaryTales
Casting On

Greetings from Northeast Tennessee! I just registered and would like to introduce myself.

Although I have knitted for years, I've never attempted socks or cable knits until now. I'm looking forward to the support of an on-line group.
MaryTales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #6270
LauraB2009
Casting On

Newbee here!
Hi to all!
My name is Laura and I have been doing crafts for about 11 years (knitting and crocheting) now. I am a stay at home mom of 3 boys all under the age of 9 years old. I am also married to a wonderful man of 8 years (9 on St. Patty's Day).
At this point in my life I am expecting my final child and it just so happens that it is a girl. I am so excited to see her. I have 3 months to go and I am looking into making breastfeeding covers to give to friends and other people. I am going to also make one for me. I am hoping to come up with a pattern on my own for this but I know that it will take lots of time to do. If anyone has any tips on creating patterns I am all ears.
LauraB2009 is offline   Reply With Quote