Old 09-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #6271
auntyem
Casting On

Hi, everyone.
I am not new to knitting or crocheting, having taught myself both when I was in my 20's. I am now over 50. I am also not new to KH. However, I am new to posting. I joined this site a few years ago because it is such an awesome site. But I was hesitant about posting because I was afraid I wouldn't have much to contribute. I did not have a digital camera, and still don't know how to upload pics because I would rather be knitting than to learn how. But the time has come for me to make myself known. I am so thankful for Sheldon and Amy and all the moderators for keeping this going. Now that I have broken the ice, I hope to actually log on more often.

OTN: Fan and feather lapghan for nursing home. Log Cabin afghan using up stash.
auntyem is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #6272
Outsy
Casting On

Originally Posted by amy View Post
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself and say hi!

Check out the common abbreviations used on this forum, to decode our chit chat.

To make a post here, you need to "register." When you register, you are required to enter your email address, primarily so we can email you your password, if you ever forget it. You will have the option to "show" your email address. This lets members click a link to email you, but they don't actually get to see your email address. Your email address is protected from spam-harvesting by being hidden.

Don't be shy, we're a very friendly community! We look forward to your posting!

Enjoy our forum!
Amy
I am knitting socks and have finished the ribbing. I have divided the stitches as the pattern says, then I have to do 2 1/2 inches on Heel sts. The first row, says: (Wrong Side): Purl and the 2nd row says S1 1,K1: rep to end of row. I am confused with (Wrong Side): Purl can anyone help me.
Thanks, I am a new Knitter
Outsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #6273
luv2knitncrochet
Casting On

Hi!
Hi! I am new to this site. Someone on Ravelry.com recommended this site for knitting help. I am impressed! Your videos are excellent and very helpful. I consider myself an "I'll fake my way through it" intermediate knitter. I have several knitting books for how-to references. But, no matter how many books you have, they don't cover everything. I am looking forward to using the helpful information I have already picked up on this site. Thanks!

Sheryl
luv2knitncrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #6274
NKN
Casting On

Hi there!
Hello Everyone,

I'm new here and this is a bit daunting but I'm so excited! I just started knitting about a year a go so I guess I'm a beginner.
Looking forward to the resources on this site!
thanks

nk.
NKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #6275
albertpollard
1st Leg of the Journey

10s will work fine...You may find it will make a 'looser' stitch. Give it a try and see what comes out.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #6276
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome, new KH Forum members! I hope you like it here.

Originally Posted by Kellymike View Post
.........My name is Kelly and I'm a new knitter... again! Any good pattern suggestions?
Hi Kelly! There is a link in my signature below with good beginner patterns. Check that out for some ideas. Welcome back to knitting!

Originally Posted by Outsy View Post
I am knitting socks and have finished the ribbing. I have divided the stitches as the pattern says, then I have to do 2 1/2 inches on Heel sts. The first row, says: (Wrong Side): Purl and the 2nd row says S1 1,K1: rep to end of row. I am confused with (Wrong Side): Purl can anyone help me.
You'll get more answers if you post your question in the "How To" section of the forum. But, I'll offer my help here. (I've knit about 22 pairs of socks.) You're at the part where you'll be knitting back and forth on the same set of stitches, so you'll be turning that section of stitches around, and knitting both sides. Knits on the front, purls on the back. This will make a longer section at the back of your sock. When you finish that part, you'll be picking up stitches along the sides of that section to connect it all back together and knit in the round again. You'll see photos of making socks, along with a great tutorial here:
http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:36 AM   #6277
gquinn5
Casting On

i'm new
Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum and still unsure how to work through it. I am hoping to get a lot of experience through here and maybe a little help...lol. Thank you.
gquinn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:28 AM   #6278
Bev65
Casting On

Hi Im a Beginner!
Hi, I just started learning to knit! I am 63yr old mom and grand mom and cant wait to learn to knit, my sweet neighbor is trying to teach me how to knit I know how to crochet, but never learned to knit! I think she is about to give up on me until my other sweet neighbor gave me this link and saved me from giving up!

I had such a time holding the needles and kept dropping them,until I watched the videos that saved me know I think Ive got it! Would you believe I'm trying to make a dish cloth! I will keep you all posted when I finish it I'm slow but I will get it done

Thanks for having me and for a great web site!
Bev65
Bev65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #6279
jtm
Casting On

Introduction
Hi I am jtm.
I have a question.
Does anyone know how to use circular needles?
Hope someone can help.
Thanks
jtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:55 PM   #6280
colleenmary
Casting On

I'm lost!!
I have no clue how to get to where I can ask a question. I have never blogged. I knit/crochet for 10 grandchildren - only 1 boy! I was led to this site because I wanted to know what/how to sw from the lionbrand sock pattern and so did someone else on this site.
Thank you,
Colleenmary
colleenmary is offline   Reply With Quote