Old 09-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #6281
luv2knitncrochet
Casting On

When I first started working with circular needles, I found it easier to cast on to regular needles and then transfer them to the circular needles. It gets easier the more you use them. As for knitting in the round. When you get to your last stitch, instead of making a turn, you just keep knitting. It is not necessary to purl your odd rows, as you aren't actually turning your work. Clear as mud?
luv2knitncrochet is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-08-2009, 02:44 AM   #6282
suzysinghigh
Casting On

Just wanted to introduce myself
Hi I'm Susan from South Alabama. I am a relatively new knitter but I have crocheted for several years. I am really excited about the videos on the site and hope to be able to learn to learn lots of new knitting techniques.
suzysinghigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:13 AM   #6283
Ikip
Casting On

Hi,
Just wanted to introduce myself- I'm Shellie from Sydney Australia. I've been obsessively knitting for three years now.
At the moment I'm trying to teach myself continental style, I usually knit English style. Learning new techniques keeps my interest fresh.

I love knitting lace but suffer from can't-finish-itis, also known as knitting ADD or cast-on-aphoria or WIP collecting. I spend way too much time on Ravelry but at least it keeps me out of trouble.

My husband is an enabler who allows me to convert way too many areas of the house into stash storage zones and drives me to the LYS whenever I want.

Oh and I'm teaching myself to spin at the moment too- I got a couple of second hand wheels from my fave enabler for our anniversary this year.
Ikip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #6284
skinnylatte
Casting On

Hello! Just found your site. I am very pleased to find help with my knitting. I am a beginner and I am all thumbs. My name is Connie and I am from Idaho. My shrink though knitting would help with my anxiety. Right now I am trying to make a simple scarf. Wish me luck...
skinnylatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:04 PM   #6285
Rae2229
Casting On

Many thanks to this site!
Hi everyone! I'm not the best knitter in the whole but I do enjoy it very much. Friends tease me saying I don't look like the "knitting type." Whatever that means. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and thanks to this site. the videos are great. I totally forgot how to do ribbing and never knitted in the round before and the videos were perfect! Now I'm working on the left hand of my arm warmer. I did hit a little issue with the right but I'll post to the appropriate forum for that.

Thanks!

Rae
Rae2229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #6286
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
Originally Posted by jtm View Post
Hi I am jtm.....Does anyone know how to use circular needles?
Hi jtm! You'll get lots of advice for circular knitting if you post your question in the "How To" section of the forum. Just go to that section, and click "Start a New Thread" to ask your question. I've been using circular needles for a long time, and they are not hard at all. If you want to knit a large blanket, you can use long circular needles to knit back and forth, knitting the whole blanket at once. If you want to knit a hat "in the round", you can use a shorter circular needle and knit the hat without a seam. It's worth learning.

Originally Posted by colleenmary View Post
I have no clue how to get to where I can ask a question. I have never blogged.
Hello colleenmary, Just go to the "How To" section of the forum, and click "Start a New Thread" to post your question. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Ikip View Post
My husband is an enabler who allows me to convert way too many areas of the house into stash storage zones and drives me to the LYS whenever I want.
What a wonderful hubby you have, Ikip!!!

Originally Posted by skinnylatte View Post
My shrink though knitting would help with my anxiety. Right now I am trying to make a simple scarf. Wish me luck...
Hi skinnylatte!
My therapist told me the same thing, and he was right!
Knitting is very therapeutic, and fun too!

Originally Posted by Rae2229 View Post
Friends tease me saying I don't look like the "knitting type."
Hi Rae! Tell your friends that there is NO SUCH THING as a "knitting type". Each of us is different from the other. Some knitters are school-age, others are in their 20's, 30's, 40's, etc. Knitting is for ALL ages, ALL religions, ALL nationalities, and BOTH sexes!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:42 PM   #6287
wies
Casting On

Hello!
Thank you very much for the very nice "Welcome" letter

I am a knitter! My Grandmother and my Mother taught me to knit.

I do have a question. I am looking for the knitting pattern called: "The Freedom Sweater" a design from Jacqueline Olsen.

I will try to put this question also on one of the forums.

Thanks again for the great welcome! Wies
wies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:48 PM   #6288
Ronnie52
Casting On

Did my message get posted?
Hi did my message get posted about the Faroese shawl?

Ok here is my into. My name is Veronica but most people call me Ronnie. I am 57 and live in the Lansing area of Michigan. My two youngest daughters (20 and 24) moved here just over a year ago. All three of us knit and spin and crochet. I am learning weaving also. All three of us attend college at Lansing Community College. Boy that cuts into my knitting time. lol I am looking forward to meeting and learning from you all in this group.

In case my other reply did not get posted (I am new to this) what brought me here was a link for a free faroese shawl pattern. If someone knows what I am talking about I would appreciate the pattern. I love these shawls and am knitting one now with my homespun llama (butch) who we had before we moved.

Thanks again. And I look forward to meeting you.

Hugs
Ronnie52

Last edited by Shandeh : 09-12-2009 at 06:30 AM. Reason: removed email from public view to protect from spammers
Ronnie52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:30 AM   #6289
tikiboo
Casting On

Hi to everyone. I have just discovered this site so am looking forward to reading all about it. I am not much for communicating but I enjoy reading what others are saying and explaining.
tikiboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:18 AM   #6290
Bev65
Casting On

Hi Im new
Hi to everyone, I just learned how to knit thanks to my neighbor,I'm very slow with it but I will get it, I love this site I come to it everyday! Thanks for all the info I'm from Indiana and I am retired. I have 5 kids and 11 gradkids and 1 ggranddaughter so you see why I will learn all I can on this site!
Bev65 is offline   Reply With Quote