Old 09-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #6291
denyzoo29
Casting On

New Here
Hi all,
My name is Denyel. I am 28 years old and am pregnant with our first child. I have come from a crafty family and have always tried various crafts but never found one I fell in love with. About 3 weeks ago I began a basic knitting class and have since excelled quickly and have made 2 pairs of baby booties and am working on a baby hat to match.
I am really enjoying becoming a knitting mama! Can't wait to meet you all!
denyzoo29 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-11-2009, 05:54 PM   #6292
mcali49
Casting On

Hi, My name is Mary and i just joined knittinghelp today. I have known how to do very basic knitting for many years, but recently decided I wanted to know how to do more than just go back and forth on the needle! too many scarves!
mcali49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:34 AM   #6293
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome to our wonderful KH Forum, everyone!

Originally Posted by Ronnie52 View Post
Hi did my message get posted about the Faroese shawl? ...........In case my other reply did not get posted (I am new to this) what brought me here was a link for a free faroese shawl pattern. If someone knows what I am talking about I would appreciate the pattern. I love these shawls and am knitting one now with my homespun llama (butch) who we had before we moved.
Hi Ronnie...apparently your other post did not work. Bummer! I've had that happen to me in the forum before too. It's a good idea to copy your post before posting it, just in case it gets eaten up by the "forum post eater".

By the way, I edited your message to remove your email from public view, so your inbox wouldn't get filled up with spam messages. If anyone wants to contact you in the forum, they can send you a private message.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:02 AM   #6294
rondknitting
Casting On

RIDGES< RIDGES<RIDGES
coming back to knitting after a long, long dry spell I am finding the same old, same old........RIDGES in my stockinette. How do I get rid of them? I am currently knitting a darling angora rabbit, but rabbits are'nt supposed have .......RIDGES.....Help!
rondknitting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:30 AM   #6295
AlClaire
Casting On

Hi! I'm Amanda from the Chicago area. I taught myself how to knit, and have slowly advanced my skills. Very slowly! I am finally trying things a little more advanced than scarves. I'm thrilled to have found this site.
AlClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #6296
TallBoots
Casting On

Such an awesome resource! I'm an intermediate knitter, but I've got what I've heard some call "Knitter's ADD," that is, I always have more projects in my head than what's good for me, and I rarely finish any that take more than two skeins. I love to learn new techniques and I've found help here several times, so THANKS!
TallBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #6297
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Welcome, welcome!

Originally Posted by rondknitting View Post
coming back to knitting after a long, long dry spell I am finding the same old, same old........RIDGES in my stockinette. How do I get rid of them? I am currently knitting a darling angora rabbit, but rabbits are'nt supposed have .......RIDGES.....Help!
To do stockinette, you'll need to knit one row of knitting, then one row of purling. In effect, you are knitting on the right side of the fabric, and purling on the wrong side of the fabric.

Here's a photo of stockinette stitch:
Old 09-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #6298
ArpiStyle
Casting On

Hi Everybody!
My name is Arpi and I have been a beginning knitter for a long, long time making more scarves, shawls and afghans than I want to think about! I just love the meditative qualities of knitting and I am not ashamed to admit I'm a yarnaholic!!!!! A knitting instructor recently told me I'm now an intermediate knitter having just completed my first pullover sweater.(It took me a long, long time and it was HARD!!!!)
The yarn shop where I took lessons and knit in community with others closed so I am OVER THE MOON to connect with this on-line community. Having help from this website will allow me to challenge myself so I can advance my knitting skills. After that sweater, my inner knitter wants to go back to knitting scarves!!
Right now I need some help putting the finishing touches on some children's slippers. Can anyone out there teach me how to make pom- pom tassels for the tops of these slippers?
ArpiStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #6299
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Welcome!
Originally Posted by ArpiStyle View Post
Can anyone out there teach me how to make pom- pom tassels for the tops of these slippers?
Here's a tutorial on how to make pom-poms.
http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/tips/pompom.htm
And I'm sure you'll find some videos on YouTube on how to make them.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:21 AM   #6300
annalilly
Casting On

Hello
Looks like a great commnunity of knitters here! I've been knitting for most of 45 years. Currently I am fascinated by WendyKnits Toe Up Socks. I like to do 2 at a time with the magic loop method (in fact, I've found circulars to be a lot less strain on my hands than straight needles anyway, so I use circs for almost all of my knitting) I'm an EZ and Walker Treasury fan, too. The past couple of days I have been stubbornly trying to work out a chart for knitting BW's Grapevine pattern (2nd Treasury, p.220) in the round . If anybody has one, let me know. Happy knitting!!
annalilly is offline   Reply With Quote