Old 09-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #6321
kbartlett
Casting On

Hi everyone -- my name is Kay and I have been knitting a long time but just recently getting more involved. I live in NC and look forward to learning a lot.
kbartlett is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #6322
passte
Casting On

new here
Hello,
I am new here. I do not know how to knit as of yet, I am trying to learn I am also left handed so I am finding it harder for me. My Niece gave me this web lite to check out.
take care all
passte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #6323
angelintrainning
Casting On

new knitter
hello all! I've fallen in love with knitting since I broke my leg, and have done a few hats and scarves happy knitting everyone!
angelintrainning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #6324
girlmariner
Casting On

question about pattern
My name is Ann and I am sort of new to knitting....I just cannot figure out a pattern and I find that some one besides me is having the same problem....I understand all the increases but the left side has the same number of stitches as when first started..dont get it...I refer to a posting on April 16 by Saftshe....the thread is {increasing rows with seam rows} My problem is the right side of the sweater has only 9 stitches, same as you start with before the increase...all other increases are fine...what am I doing wrong? Any help will be greatly accepted...
girlmariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #6325
sherina
Casting On

HI, thanks for the great site!
i am new @ this knitting thing & I LOVE IT!!!! BUT (of course) I need a lot of help! LOL, First why is it that the yarn is SO tight on the needle? AM I pulling too tight? or is it the yarn? i just want to do something like a little blanket for my 2yrold. nothing too crazy, like i said i'm new HAHAHA thanks for the help!!!!! knit on!!!!
sherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:46 AM   #6326
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome to our wonderful Knitting Help Forum, everyone!

Originally Posted by raennshadow View Post
Started knitting in 1976...........I like sitting by the fireplace and enjoy the mountains from our condo at Snoqualmie Pass.......raennshadow
Oh wow....I wish I could be there to knit beside you.
Sounds lovely!

Originally Posted by passte View Post
Hello, I am new here. I do not know how to knit as of yet, I am trying to learn I am also left handed so I am finding it harder for me.
It might help to hold a mirror beside the computer screen and watch our knitting videos in the mirror. That way, you can learn left handed! Good luck.

Originally Posted by girlmariner View Post
My name is Ann and I am sort of new to knitting....I just cannot figure out a pattern.....
If you post your question in the "Pattern Central" section of the forum, you'll get some help with your issue. Be sure to include a link to the pattern you are using. Good luck!

Originally Posted by sherina View Post
i am new @ this knitting thing & I LOVE IT!!!!.........why is it that the yarn is SO tight on the needle? AM I pulling too tight? or is it the yarn?
You're probably holding the yarn too tight. A lot of new knitters do this, because they are afraid the yarn will slip off the needles. (I used to do it myself!) Just relax, and let the yarn flow. If you have problems, just come back to our forum, and ask us for help. Congratulations on learning to knit!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:08 AM   #6327
chelliey
Casting On

two strands together
Dose that mean 2 balls of yarn at a time
chelliey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #6328
chelliey
Casting On

Hello
New to knitting
chelliey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #6329
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Originally Posted by chelliey View Post
Dose that mean 2 balls of yarn at a time
It means to use two strands of yarn at the same time. You can use the same ball, with the strand from the outside AND the strand from the inside of the ball at the same time. Or, you can use two different balls.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #6330
CountryNaturals
Knitting the Flap

Re-introduction -- Suz from Oregon
I've been gone since January. Back then I was working on our daughter's pet expo. When that was over, in April, I started getting sick. That ended in major surgery in July. Now I'm finally recovered and ready to get back to knitting! It may take me a month to get caught up, but it will be fun.
CountryNaturals is offline   Reply With Quote