Old 10-15-2009, 11:16 PM   #6351
knittsterguy
Casting On

hello...
Looking forward to some help...
knittsterguy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-16-2009, 11:38 PM   #6352
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Welcome to our wonderful KH Forum!

Originally Posted by LouiseV View Post
.....I do have one question. For a beginner knitter, would it be harder to knit a scarf with large needles to give it more of a lacy look?
I think it's a good plan to make that scarf with large needles. It will be quick and fun to do.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:55 AM   #6353
dibbs
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi everyone, I'm Dibbs -
but most of my friends call me Pat, or Trisha. I'm not new to KH, but I don't think I've ever introduced myself. Some how I guess I missed doing that when I first found KH forums.

I've been here, but I don't post much unless I have a problem that I need help with. I'm more the type that reads first and ask questions last. I guess sorta a quite reserved person, although some say different (husband) ha ha. My close friends say that's only till you get to know me.

Anyway, I'm married for 27 years to a sweet man that I adore. I'm in my late 50's and we have no children, other than our little fur baby. :D

I taught myself to crochet many years ago, but now I'm teaching myself to knit. The videos here at KH and on youtube have been a great help, and I have to give credit to everyone here for I know I can always come here and find someone to help me when I need an answer to a knitting problem.

Well that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :D Once again, I'm sorry it took me so long to introduce myself to you all.
dibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #6354
lesliereddiex
Casting On

loom knifty knitters
does any one loom knit w/ knifty knitters? i can;t get turned around after the first round, i am a beginner
lesliereddiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #6355
emilybear75
Casting On

New to forum... somewhat new to knitting...
Hi all!! My name is Emily.

I'm very new to this forum... actually to any forum... Not so new to KH. I've been using the wonderful videos for months! What a fabulous site!!

Somewhat new to knitting. I took a single lesson YEARS ago. Learned to knit and purl. Made a few things for my first baby late last year and earlier this year. Now I'm teaching myself some of the more advanced stuff.

I just learned that I am/was a combination knitter... but I think I've "fixed" that.

Looking forward to meeting other knitters. Now on to ask a few questions in another area.

Emily
emilybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #6356
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Welcome to the forum, everyone!

Originally Posted by lesliereddiex View Post
does any one loom knit w/ knifty knitters? i can;t get turned around after the first round, i am a beginner
I don't use them, but I have seen a few people post about them here in our forum. Here is the latest discussion I found: http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/sh...knifty+knitter
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #6357
megishotstuff
Casting On

What a wonderful site!
I can't tell you how helpful this site has been for me. I just started knitting and I LOVE IT! Your site is soooooooooooo helpful and amazing. Your videos are definitely the best on the web! Thank you thank you thank you for this site!
megishotstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #6358
tidesong
Casting On

Hi!
Hi! I've just found the forum section of this site, and decided I'd introduce myself! I'm Jamie, and I'm a relatively new knitter. I found this site through recommendations from other knitter friends, and I've found this site to be invaluable in my teaching myself knitting. I'm 31, and live in Wisconsin right now (though I'm probably moving to Baltimore relatively soon). When I'm not getting confused in new knitting patterns, I spend a lot of time immersed in music -- I am a semi-professional classical musician (voice, violin, piano). I also enjoy kitties, storm chasing, and wasting entirely too much time online. Hey, there are lots of patterns to be found!

Anyway, glad to be here, and look forward to getting to know everyone!

Last edited by tidesong : 10-23-2009 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Putting sig in.
tidesong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:34 AM   #6359
tracy1977
Casting On

I'm a newbie and a new knitter
Hi there. I'm Tracy from Scotland. I'm 32, married with 1 daughter. I used to knit when I was about 8 so that I could earn my knitters badge in the brownies and have just got back into it again.
I'm almost finished a scarf that I started last week. Just simple garter stitch to begin with.
My other hobbies are card making and cross stitch. I can't believe how addictive knitting is though. Don't want to put the needles down!

Looking forward to joining in with your forum.
tracy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #6360
fpmoore
Casting On

Hi! I'm new here and live in Tennessee..
I am a long-time knitter, but sort of gave it up for a while..following a shattered ankle, I've revived my interest in knitting and am enjoying every minute!
fpmoore is offline   Reply With Quote