Old 11-16-2009, 12:47 AM   #6391
Nipponnay
Casting On

Hello everyone,

I am literally brand spanking new to knitting - I went to a friend's house on Saturday and learnt how to cast on and do a knit stitch, and spent all of Sunday practicing! My friend has gone on holiday now so isn't around to help me, so I thought I'd have a look online and see if I can teach myself and impress everyone next time we meet up It will probably all go terribly wrong, but hopefully it will still be fun. I've been looking around the website and forums and it's been a great deal of help already!! So thank you!
Nipponnay is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-17-2009, 05:55 AM   #6392
Loira
Casting On

Hey everyone,

I've been knitting for a few months now and am finally feeling comfortable with it. The videos on this site helped A LOT and through some trial and error I'm here and ready to help y'all
Loira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:28 AM   #6393
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Thank you all for joining.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #6394
CivicSista
1st Leg of the Journey

Hello, I've been lurking here for the past couple days and decided I should introduce myself....

I just started knitting again. I learned a few years ago, and got back into it a few months ago. My nutrition class for college was offering extra credit for making a hat or scarf for a homeless shelter here in MN. I thought it was a great idea and I banged out my scarf and not I can't stop knitting.
Just learned how to make hats. I also asked for the harmony interchangeable circular needle set for christmas, which my mom ordered early for me.
Here is a couple pictures of the hats I made, need to get a pic of the scarf I made.
http://gallery.mac.com/civicsista#10...lack&view=grid

Tracy
CivicSista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #6395
theonlyguyknitter
Casting On

Hello all!

My name is Austin from Phoenix and I seem to be the only guy knitter that I know of. I am currently in high school and studying to be a civil/architectural engineer. I keep my knitting a secret due to the discrimination and hate around me. However, I found this forum to let my ideas and thoughts out! I also crochet and prefer the "faster projects". Right now I am crocheting a scarf for my mother. I hope to meet you all soon!

-Austin
theonlyguyknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #6396
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Well, you're not the only guy knitter here, there's at least a dozen, maybe more. Mike also crochets too. Welcome Austin!

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:23 PM   #6397
albertpollard
1st Leg of the Journey

Not alone
The high school crowd can be rough but stick with your creativity! I crocheted when younger and now do both crochet and knit.
If you are only doing small projects, let me challenge you to make a motif afghan. The blocks are 'small' projects, then you join them together and you have a wonderful warm afghan.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #6398
vaudiss
1st Leg of the Journey

new
Hey all...I'm new to knitting and the site I go to a weekly tatting group where I'm the co-teachery type person and since this last week it was just the two teachers....I made her teach me to knit!!!! Since we meet at hobby lobby the supplies were right there I just figured it was time!!!! I do Civil war reinacting and though tatting is period correct, knitting has sooooooo many yarns options that look so yummy anyway just my intro

Hey I did it....I have an Etsy Store.... Viv's Stitches and Stuff
vaudiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #6399
AngelaR
Turning the Heel

I should have stopped in here first! I'd like to wave to all of the other new folk.

I've been knitting for 20 years, since I was expecting my third child and was desperate for something to do and my neightbor taught me to knit and it took. I've stuck to simple things like blankets, scarves and hats. I've now decided I want to knit socks and stocking, and if I have an affinity for it, sweaters. The few sweaters I've knit have been simple patterns that even I could follow and not get too wrong, so I'd like to try something a wee bit more challenging.

My goal right now it to turn a heel, and shape a gusset, all while keeping control of my work. It's a challenge. Especially with people walking into my den asking me what I'm doing. You'd think they'd never seen me knitting before.
AngelaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #6400
craftluvr
Casting On

I just wanted to thank you for this site. I have been trying to learn to knit for some time and with the help of this site, I was able to finally learn to knit! I have been a crocheter since I was 9 and wanted to do something different. I have always admired the knitted patterns, but was aggravated that I couldn't do them....now I can! Thanks Again!
craftluvr is offline   Reply With Quote