Old 12-27-2009, 11:31 PM   #6431
momannette
Casting On

new here
Hi,
I' new to this ste and wanted to know if anyone has copywrited one of their patterns? I am trying to figure out if it is worth doing that, or just making my creations and then selling them.
momannette is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-29-2009, 12:12 AM   #6432
brolie
1st Leg of the Journey

im brolie.. :D im 23 and have been knitting for four years.. started when i found out i was pregnant with my first child.. haha

anyway, im so glad to see so many active and helpful members of these boards.. this is such a great site and message board!!
brolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:13 AM   #6433
ratty1973
Casting On

Hi,

I'm a new member. Saw the help required for Mittens on Twitter. My name is Rachel Blunden and I've been knitting for 30 years last August. My mum taught me to knit when I was 6.

I live in Twyford, a village to the East of Reading, Berkshire UK.

Rachel B
ratty1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:42 PM   #6434
retiredpat
Casting On

Cannot Understand a Pattern Instruction
Greetings to all fellow knitting buffs. This world wide web stuff is new to me. So please bear with me. I am attempting to knit an afghan and I am having trouble with one piece of the instructions. It goes like this:

Cast on 62 stitches.
Rows 1,3,7,9 are just a hodge podge of 'K's and P's.

Rows 2,6 and 10 are where my problem starts. The first part of row 2 starts out similar to row 1 then it goes like this: *in the next st (K1, P1, K1), purl 3 sts tog, repeat from * 3 times;

By the time I purl 3 sts tog 3 times I don't have enough sts rmg to complete the 62 sts. Can someone please help me. I will be eternally grateful. Retired Pat.
retiredpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:28 PM   #6435
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
Welcome to the forum, everyone!

Originally Posted by momannette View Post
........wanted to know if anyone has copywrited one of their patterns? I am trying to figure out if it is worth doing that, or just making my creations and then selling them.
I don't think that a copyright is necessary. Here's what I've found about it online:
http://yarnaholic.wordpress.com/the-...-for-knitters/

Originally Posted by retiredpat View Post
.......Rows 2,6 and 10 are where my problem starts. The first part of row 2 starts out similar to row 1 then it goes like this: *in the next st (K1, P1, K1), purl 3 sts tog, repeat from * 3 times;
By the time I purl 3 sts tog 3 times I don't have enough sts rmg to complete the 62 sts. Can someone please help me. I will be eternally grateful. Retired Pat.
You will do the first part "in the next st (K1,P1,K1)" ALL IN ONE STITCH. In other words, don't move the stitch to the right needle until you do all three of those stitches in the same loop.

By the way, you'll get more answers to pattern help questions, if you post your question in the "How To" section, or the "Patterns" section.

Good luck!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:38 PM   #6436
LifeIsGood
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi all! I am also new to this site. I found it a few weeks ago when I decided to try to teach myself to knit but had only utilized some of the videos until today. I have been crocheting for a little over a year, mostly hats and working on a couple of afghans. I am a visual learner, so its taken me some time to get the hang of some things but I'm making progress in crochet so thought I'd see how well I can get the hang of knitting as well. I'm really enjoying it so far

I look forward to expanding my talent with both hook and needle!

Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #6437
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to the Forum!
Old 01-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #6438
alevtina
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi, everyone!

My name is Allie and I'm 23 years old. About ten years ago, while visiting family in Russia, my grandmother attempted to teach me how to knit. All I remember from that session was the scratchy dark blue yarn and the metal needles she used. (I think I may still have them somewhere...) It wasn't until 2 years ago that I tried it again with any kind of seriousness. I didn't know anyone else who knitted so I bought the book Stitch 'n' Bitch and tried to teach myself. That didn't work out so well and I got discouraged, so I put the needles away in a dark corner of my apartment.

In December 2009, I finally picked up the needles again for good when a crafty coworker offered to observe my technique and let me know what I was doing wrong. Coupled with Knitting Help, I finally got it! Any time I have a question about something I read in a pattern or a book, I turn to this site. It has clear videos and instructions that I can understand and easily follow! Thank you, Amy, for this wonderful site.

Anyway. I apologize for this long-winded introduction... but I'm very excited to be here

alevtina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #6439
brolie
1st Leg of the Journey

im very loquacious as well. :D

i didnt like stitch and bitch.. i had a book like "learn how to knit without losing your mind" or something like that and really liked it.. but i have found websites help more with specific questions
brolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:40 AM   #6440
treegardner
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi, everyone! My name is Nichole and I'm 25 years old. My grandmother taught me how to knit and crochet when I was a kid and I just recently picked it back up. I've been asking her for help, but for the most part it all came back to me. I'm very excited to be here.