Old 05-17-2010, 01:40 PM   #6531
centralohiobinkypatrol
Casting On

HI,

My name is Lisa and I live in Newark, Ohio. I personally am a quilter at heart but I have recently gotten interested in knitting again. I enjoy it but donít have much confidence in my abilities. Also, Iím hoping to learn how to crochet eventually. I can tell already that I'm probably going to be as addicted to yarn as I am to fabric!!!

I recently started a local chapter of the national nonprofit organization Binky Patrol. Our chapterís name is Central Ohio Binky Patrol. We make binkies for children of all ages. A binky is a blanket that is sewn, quilted, knitted, crocheted, or even no-sew tied fleece. As long as it is homemade and soft it is perfect! Our chapterís goal is to ensure that every child in foster care in Ohio have a binky of their own. Itís a big dream but with lots of help we can make it a reality. I need any help that anyone can offer for my charity.

I think this site looks awesome and I will probably be learning alot. I've already watched lots of the videos and figured out that I was casting on wrong. Now I'm doing it right and it looks so much better! I'm anxious to get to know everyone on the boards and thanks for welcoming me!

Bye,
Lisa
centralohiobinkypatrol is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-21-2010, 09:52 PM   #6532
JoB
Ribbing the Cuff

Fringe?
I am a relatively new knitter. Have knitted all the caps and scarves that mu family can stand. two large afghans done and am now looking for a new "big needle ( 8 or better) challenge. Simple patterns no more than 8 repeats.
JoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #6533
badboy1cdx
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi all!
Hi all!

My name is Eric and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area in California. I'm 26 years old, a full-time student and a veteran of the US Navy.

I was originally taught how to knit as a kid, but never really went anywhere with it. I recently "re-learned" how to knit a little over a year ago. I had some major stresses in my life at that time and really appreciated the therapeutic and meditative value I got out of knitting. I've since made a couple pairs of socks, several hats and am currently working on a scarf and a sweater. I've also just started learning to crochet and am working on my first project for that - a nifty looking doily. This site has been an invaluable resource to me lately and the forums here are great. You are all so nice and helpful.

See ya a-round!
badboy1cdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #6534
Bebe
Casting On

Hello
Hi there

Not sure whether I have done this the right way as I don't often use forums. I'm Kathryn, and I'm a compulsive knitter. I learned as a child and took it up again 2 years ago when my daughter needed a wrap cardigan for ballet - I wish I'd come back earlier, it is such a relaxing passtime. Socks are my thing at the moment (is there anything that can compare to handknitted socks ) but I'm also a would-be lace knitter - I keep collecting beautiful lace weight yarns so when I have a moment ( ) I plan to start a shawl. The problem is life gets in the way of the knitting!
At present I am training to be a teacher and I work in a prison teaching numeracy skills to offenders.
I'm located in the UK, I'm looking forward to reading some of the threads and chatting.

Kathryn

BTW The videos on the site are fab, I have mastered lots of knit stitches because of them so Many Thanks!!!!
Bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:39 AM   #6535
GinaG
Casting On

Hello fellow knitters,

My name is Gina. I am a full time student at Baylor University and am majoring in vocal performance. Even though music is my first love, knitting is definitely coming up close behind. I taught myself to knit about 3 years ago, and have picked it up pretty seriously in the last six months. That is, as seriously as a self-taught, 20-year-old, knitter can. So far, I have knitted little things such as scarfs and hats, afghans and socks, and now mittens.

I hope to keep progressing my knitting skills, with the help of all of you! This seems like a fabulous community of knitters, and I will enjoy learning from all of you, beginners to all of veterans, out there!
GinaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #6536
Loopdeloop
Ribbing the Cuff

I am new!

Learned to knit when I was 8, and then dropped it because something else caught my attention. Now I'm trying to get back into it 20 years later. I actually was a decent knitter way back then, but alas, I have lost all my talent and am hoping to reclaim it.

I imagine I'll be asking lots of questions for awhile.

Thanks!
Loopdeloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #6537
Knitcracker
Casting On

Kniting for love
Hello everyone,

I have recently picked up my needles again and am so excited to say that I love to knit! Knittinghelp.com has been the instrument through which I learned to knit at all. There were no people around me to teach me. I have since recommended this site to near a hundred people. I think the maker with my heart...

Ok enough mush...lol My name is Tiffany. I am a jokey person and I really like to make people feel comfortable and laugh. I have 4 children that I homeschool here in Mannheim, Germany. My husband is in the Army and we've been stationed here for 6 years now. We will be here for another 3 years before we leave. Oh I am now 37 years old.

I am currently making "Sheldon the turtle" by Knitpicks.com, for my youngest daughters birthday in a couple of weeks. I had to fall to knithelp to tell me how to make 2 of the stitches and all came out beautifully. Sheldon has costumes because his shell is removable so I'm still making some costumes and a second turtle so my daughter may play with a friend.

I'm not sure what else to write here so I'll end this. I'm happy to be a knitter! I'm SO happy to see that there are more knitters than meets the eye.

Blessings to you all
Tiffany
Knitcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:38 PM   #6538
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Welcome to our wonderful forum, everyone!

Originally Posted by badboy1cdx View Post
My name is Eric and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area in California. I'm 26 years old, a full-time student and a veteran of the US Navy......
Hi Eric! Always nice to have another guy knitter in our group. Hope you stick around, to share your ideas and knowledge. Looking forward to getting to know you in the forum.

Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
........I'm Kathryn, and I'm a compulsive knitter.
Hi Kathryn! Nice to meet another knitter "across the pond". I hope you enjoy our little friendly forum.

Originally Posted by GinaG View Post
......My name is Gina. I am a full time student at Baylor University and am majoring in vocal performance.
Hi Gina! I'm a musician too. I've been a church organist/pianist for the past 30 years, and am currently teaching piano to about 25 students. Welcome!

Originally Posted by Loopdeloop View Post
I am new!...........Learned to knit when I was 8....
Welcome! Nice to have you back in the knitting world. What took you so long? Ha!

Originally Posted by Knitcracker View Post
.......I have recently picked up my needles again and am so excited to say that I love to knit!
Hi Tiffany! I taught myself to knit on the internet as well. Isn't it wonderful having all these knitting videos to watch whenever we want?! I look forward to getting to know you in our forum.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:49 AM   #6539
Knitcracker
Casting On

Quote:
Hi Tiffany! I taught myself to knit on the internet as well. Isn't it wonderful having all these knitting videos to watch whenever we want?! I look forward to getting to know you in our forum.
Yes, it is so wonderful the things we can learn from the internet! Do we really NEED school anymore? lol
Knitcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #6540
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Originally Posted by Knitcracker View Post
Yes, it is so wonderful the things we can learn from the internet! Do we really NEED school anymore? lol
Funny! It seems that way sometimes, doesn't it?
This new world is a completely different place from when I was growing up. Everything that took talent was a mystery, and you had to have private lessons to "get it". Now, we can watch others using their talent on the internet....for free!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote