Old 10-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #6631
doolin
Casting On

yet another happy customer!
I have been using tips and videos from knittinghelp.com for a few years and just want to reiterate what a great site you have created. Yours is the first place I look when I need clarification and you never disappoint!
doolin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to doolin For This Useful Post:
KarenInTacoma (10-30-2010)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #6632
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Thanks Doolin!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #6633
vicki149
Casting On

finding an equivalent wool
Hi there, My names vicki, im 27, have been knitting for a couple of years, but havent done anything major until recently. I have found some lovely barbie clothes patterns that require patons grace, but I cant seem to get hold of it does anybody know how I can get it OR even just find and equivalent? Any help would be much appreciated!
Happy Knitting
:-)
vicki149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:35 PM   #6634
kittykins
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi Vicki! Welcome to KH! I'm not sure where you can find the yarn you're looking for. Do you have a local Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or a Joann's near you? You might try posting this thread in GENERAL KNITTING. More members will probably see it there. Good luck with your knitting! Jeanie
kittykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #6635
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
You can buy Grace online at Joann's, you might be able to find it in a larger store near you.

Another yarn you might look for is Lion Microspun. It's not cotton but is about the same weight and looks similar.

Last edited by suzeeq : 11-05-2010 at 05:44 PM.
suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #6636
LeslieA
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to LeslieA Send a message via MSN to LeslieA Send a message via Yahoo to LeslieA
Hi Everyone!
I'm not a new knitter, but I am. lol I joined this site a few years ago when I was first learning, it's such a great resource. I was active for awhile then kids, work etc. gets in the way. lol
I haven't knit very much in the last year or so, I'll start something then something goes wrong and it sits, for a year. lol lol
Anyway I picked up a project that I've been working on for about 2 years I would say. It's a Juliette sweater. The last time I worked on it was about last February I think. So I decided it's time to finish that bugger and I frogged it back to my life line and am going to continue on it tonight. But I was reading the pattern and couldn't remember a term so I thought heck I'm going to check out Knitting Help, and well here I am. I thought posting with you guys would keep me in knitting mode. lol Anyways, I'm Leslie, I'm from Illinois, I have 2 kids one boy and one girl ages 6 and 9.
So I look forward to catching up with you all, and hopefully staying motivated. Thanks.
3: Various.....
LeslieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:16 AM   #6637
ccphillips
Casting On

[COLOR="Red"][/color]

Hi

I am a beginner and do mostly the knit stitch. Have made lots of scarves, a poncho, a wrap, but I am seeing all these beautiful patterns; one that I am interested in calls for a reverse stockinette stitch.

What does this mean?

Thanks
cc
ccphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #6638
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Hi, wecome, cc.

Stockinette st is what happens when you knit the right side rows (the side that faces out) and purl the wrong side rows. Reverse stockinette is purling the RS rows and knitting the WS rows, just the reverse.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:21 AM   #6639
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
Another yarn you might look for is Lion Microspun. It's not cotton but is about the same weight and looks similar.
Lion Microspun is much thicker than Patons Grace. Microspun works up to almost a worsted weight. I'm using it right now to knit some curtains for my craft room.

You can purchase Patons Grace direct from Patons on their website: http://shop.patonsyarns.com/default....tCatCode=01000
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #6640
TiaMaria06
Casting On

Hello everyone.... I've just joined this site, cant wait to get to know my way round it and chat to you I live in Yorkshire UK....

I am not a great knitter, but I am trying. I dont actually know anyone in 'real life' that knits, so I will be asking for help loads.

At the mo, I have spent all day looking for a hot water bottle pattern. Not much luck. I have never used; circular needles, different colours, logo's. I can cable though

Any help greatfully received.
TiaMaria06 is offline   Reply With Quote