Old 01-03-2011, 03:30 AM   #6681
kay8jay
Casting On

Greetings, Knitters!
Hi, my name's Kate, and I'm part of a knitting group in Petaluma, California.

Knittinghelp comes highly recommended, and I'm excited to join!
kay8jay is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-04-2011, 06:43 AM   #6682
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Originally Posted by CoolWool View Post
Hello. My name is CoolWool and I'm a knit-aholic......
Hello CoolWool! Welcome to Knitting Addicts Anonymous.
You're among friends!

Originally Posted by AvnArmyWife View Post
...Hello everyone. My name is Tyakeia (or Ty for short).
Welcome Ty!
Just dig in and knit what you want. Don't worry about having to accomplish a specific project. Just try different things, and you'll soon find the kind of projects you enjoy knitting. Sometimes, I become addicted to certain yarns, and try finding projects for them. Other times, I have a certain goal in mind....like a hat for my son, or a scarf for my hubby. Just enjoy your hobby.

Originally Posted by sheba View Post
I have been been knitting at what I hope to be a sock one day. And I come across knit alongs ?
Knit-Alongs are just a group of knitters all working on the same (or similar) project. We answer each other's questions, and encourage our progress. Check out our Knit-Alongs section, to see which ones we have right now. Welcome!

Originally Posted by HillbillyKnits View Post
My name is Brian and I am 23 years old...........I decided after a hiatus in knitting (and after learning to crochet, spin, and spindle - which I am not all that good at) to pick up again and prepare to do my first and major project of the New Year, my soon-to-be newborn nephew's baby blanket.
Welcome back to knitting! We missed you!

Originally Posted by RapaciousCurls View Post
Hello! My name is Madelyne (or Maddie whichever you prefer ).............This hat has been one adventure after another and I am anxious to find someone who can help me cast off because I don't know how.
Here's Amy's videos on how to bind off your knitting:
Binding Off Videos
Good luck!

Originally Posted by mspenny View Post
.......I have been knitting for about 8 years and just completed my 135th pair of socks.......If you know of have any sweet little blanket, sweater, dress, or christening patterns, please them along.
Hello Ms Penny! Sounds like you will make a fine addition to our forum!
You'll find TONS of free baby knitting patterns on this website:
Knitting Pattern Central Baby Patterns

Originally Posted by TrueIconoclast View Post
Hello everyone. I'm new...I've made a few posts, but just wanted to introduce myself here as well.
Welcome to the KH Forum!

Originally Posted by BransonBel View Post
My name is Jane and I am a stay at home mom living in NY on Long Island.........
Originally Posted by kay8jay View Post
Hi, my name's Kate, and I'm part of a knitting group in Petaluma, California. Knittinghelp comes highly recommended, and I'm excited to join!
Welcome Jane and Kate!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #6683
angels4mary
Casting On

Pattern problems..is it me or the pattern?
Hi! I am excited to have just registered and am looking forward to connecting to members of the forum. I have a new pattern book called 60 Quick Knits 20 hats, 20 scarves,20 mittens in cascade 220. I am attempting to knit a scarf from the pattern 12 named Cables and Wraps Scarf. Each time I knit the first row of the pattern stitch I have stitches left over. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Pattern rows based on multiple of 18 stitches plus 5. Cast on 41 stitches.Here is the pattern row.

Row 1(RS) P1,*k1, inc in next st, (inc is listed in glossary as ( k1,yo,k1) in st-2sts increased) k1 p2, k1 tbl, p2, k1, k3tog, k1, p2, k1 tbl, p2:rep from*once more, end k1,inc in next stitch, k1,p1.

I really hope someone out there would take a look at this for me to see if it actually works. I have tried this over and over with the same results. I am pretty sure I am doing the stitches correctly but something is NOT working. Thanks for your consideration.

If you saw this post previously I have just edited to include a typo I made myself (oops). I missed the k1 after the first increase when I first posted. Corrected now.

Last edited by angels4mary : 01-04-2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: I made a typo left out k1 after first increase
angels4mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #6684
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
I count 17 sts in the repeat, not 18, so there may be a typo there.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #6685
angels4mary
Casting On

oops! I made a typo myself....I missed writing down k1 after the first inc

Row 1(RS) P1,*k1, inc in next st, (inc is listed in glossary as ( k1,yo,k1) in st-2sts increased) k1, p2, k1 tbl, p2, k1, k3tog, k1, p2, k1 tbl, p2:rep from*once more, end k1,inc in next stitch, k1,p1.
Did you happen to try knitting this? increasing by 2 and tbl are new terms for me but I have checked videos and resource books and I think I am doing things correctly. Maybe I am just losing my place when I am knitting? Anyway pretty frustrated right now. Thanks for replying! I appreciate it.
angels4mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #6686
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Just do it st by st, actually, when you've finished a row and it doesn't come out right, go back to the beginning and name the sts, sometimes you can find out where you're off easier that way.

So you name them p, inc, (which is 3 sts), k, 2 p, twisted knit, 2 p, k, dec, k, p 2, twist k, 2p, k, dble inc, k, 2 p, twist knit, etc and the last 6 sts are k dble inc (3) k p.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #6687
Mokumegane
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Mokumegane Send a message via MSN to Mokumegane Send a message via Yahoo to Mokumegane
Hello, I'm Amanda and currently live in NW AR in the US. I knit, crochet, do metal work, beading, sewing, embroidery, tatting, calligraphy, drawing, etc. I'm learning how to spin (but don't have the cash for the stuff, so I'm just doing it on my leg, with a wire coat hook) am reading up on bobbin lace and netting... basically, I want to learn it all, I suppose. There's some drive in me for that... just can't explain it... :: twitch ::
Mokumegane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #6688
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome, Amanda!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #6689
Undoer
Casting On

Western MA
Hi Amy,

I live in Greenfield, met you once at Webs, when you were laughing and said I was the only person who recognized you.

Have been away from all the knitting sites for a while. Here I am now praying to find instructions on K1B.

Thanks for all you do!!

Nancy the Undoer
Undoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #6690
AltheaSmith
Casting On

Hi from North Yorkshire, UK
I started knitting a few months ago and after a pile of scarves, I'm ready to try something a bit harder. Your videos are great - detailed and slow enough for me to follow - I wish I'd seen them when I first started! My main problem now I've discovered knitting on the internet, is how to navigate through so many choices... so I look forward to joining the online community and throwing my questions into the forum
AltheaSmith is offline   Reply With Quote