Old 01-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #6711
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Originally Posted by Wiske View Post
Hi! I'm Wiske, 21, from The Netherlands. I've been knitting for about a year now and loving it. This site has proved helpful many times in the past and now that I'm knitting a pattern that I just can't seem to figure out I'm hoping this site will prove as helpful as ever yet again! Thank you Knittinghelp for being here whenever I need help. It's so nice to have a resource whenever I need.
Welcome back, Wiske!

Originally Posted by tammyfrost View Post
I just started teaching myself to knit and I am enjoying it. I found it frustrating to begin with, but now I am looking forward to watching the videos here and learning more. Tammy
You can do it, Tammy!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #6712
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Welcome everyone! Lots of new knitters and those new to KH! Yay!

Be sure to check the video tab at the top of the page for our helpful videos. Most forums also have some sticky posts at the top the page that more helpful answers to often asked questions.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #6713
lleeharris
Casting On

Hello out there!
I just found your wonderful site! I am a beginning knitter and due to carpal tunnel I would like to know more about knitting boards and looms. I'm totally confused though - everything I've seen so far on the knitting boards talks about it being "double" knitting - I'm just worried that this will be much too thick. I live in Florida and would love to be able to do a few sweaters, afghans, etc. but don't really want anything as "thick" as these instructions sound. I would love some help to decide exactly what to buy and the best way to work with it. Thanks
lleeharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #6714
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
I don't believe knitting looms make a double knit fabric, could be in the techniques used.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #6715
MaureenR
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to MaureenR
I'm a new knitter looking to learn and helpful tips for the projects I want to create. I was told about this site from someone I'd bought a pattern from. Recently got out of scrapbooking after 16 years and decided knitting was going to be my new hobby.

I'm a stay at home mom of two boys. Love meeting new people who enjoy the same hobbies.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #6716
noseysheep
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi all

Google saved my life, and sent me here!

I'm a newbie knitter, who had never knitted in her life until 4 weeks ago...apart from an abortive attempt to knit a 6" square as part of a project for the Brownie Guides when I was 6...that mainly consisted of my mum casting on for me (because I couldn't work out how) followed by my mum knitting the square for me (because I just didn't 'get' how knitting worked), and I didn't want to get in trouble for not bring in the completed square to the next meeting

So, after a surprise yearning to learn to knit came at me totally out of the blue, I went out at the beginning of January and bought some 5mm needles, and couple of balls of yarn, a 'How To' book and went home to find happiness in a bunch of messy knots.

The 'How To' book just served to compound my confusion....but Youtube helped me see the light. A friend who knits, helped me understand the tension I needed....and away I went.

Completed my first 'proper' project...fingerless mittens...over a week ago...and currently 6" into a 22" x 22" baby blanket for an Irish charity, and squirelling a way on a second pair of needles, on multiple mini hearts to string up for my market stall as a St Valentine's display.

Whoops, long intro, sorry
noseysheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #6717
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Originally Posted by MaureenR View Post
I'm a new knitter looking to learn and helpful tips for the projects I want to create. I was told about this site from someone I'd bought a pattern from. Recently got out of scrapbooking after 16 years and decided knitting was going to be my new hobby. I'm a stay at home mom of two boys. Love meeting new people who enjoy the same hobbies.
Welcome Maureen! Let us know if you have any questions, by posting comments in the "How To" section of our forum. Nice to meet you!

Originally Posted by noseysheep View Post
.........I'm a newbie knitter, who had never knitted in her life until 4 weeks ago.
.............Whoops, long intro, sorry
Welcome, noseysheep!
You've come to the right place for knitting!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shandeh For This Useful Post:
noseysheep (02-03-2011)
Old 02-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #6718
sweetdarling
Casting On

Heya, I'm Amanda. Been knitting for about half a year now. I've mainly learned from youtube videos and I don't think I'm ever going to get tired of it. *grins*
sweetdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #6719
felixandpaco
Casting On

Hi there. My name is Abigail and I have a little shop on ArtFire. I live in Sandpoint, Idaho with my husband, two children, and a fat sweet little chihuahua. I crochet and knit and am hoping to one day spin my own yarn.

This is a great site and I look forward to improving my skills.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #6720
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Hi there, I lived in Sandpoint for more than 20 years, moved about 8 years ago. I go back to see my kids, but don't know where Artfire is

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote