Old 03-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #6751
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Hi there, welcome to our corner of the knitting world! We're a little more like your LYS while Ravelry is like a knitting convention, it's a little cozier here. Look forward to seeing your other posts.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #6752
agusta80
Casting On

Newby
Hey

My name is Agusta and Im from Iceland. Just started knitting. Learned a little in school when I was little but dont really remember any of it :-)

Now Im just relying on the internet to learn :-)

Agusta
agusta80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #6753
dizzyg48
Casting On

Looking For Easy Knit and Crochet Beanie with no brim
Can anyone help? I'm looking for a super easy beanie pattern, both knit and crochet ones, with no brim (like a skull cap)??? Thanks so much, Donna
dizzyg48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #6754
dskag
Casting On

Hi. I'm Dianne and this forum is great. I already received pattern help after my first post. Thanks for being here!
dskag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #6755
IndyPurl
Casting On

Hi all, my name is CC and even though I learned to knit when I was a very young child (I'm a grandma now) I had never followed a pattern or completed a project until a few months ago. My daughter joined a knitting group last fall and asked me to take one night off from being the 'designated babysitter' to go along because she thought I would enjoy it. Did I ever.

This was one of the first sites I found, where I learned to cast on, and where I learned how to increase, decrease, knit with dpn's, use circulars, magic loop and the resource that finally answered the mystery as to why all those gauge swatches I had knit flat were different than when I used circulars.

Thanks for such a great site and for all the work that must have gone into the videos and answering the questions newer knitters would have.

Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
........ and there's a basic hat pattern here, but you need to know head sizes.......
See....I should have joined this forum months ago because that one link would have saved me tons of time! But hey at least I have a nicely compiled list of my family members' head sizes and a journal of my tensions with different yarns, needles sizes and stitches lol

Thanks again for this great site and for the forum that I somehow managed to overlook while I was literally glued to the videos.
IndyPurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #6756
marieandtom1
Casting On

All new to this Knitting
Hello,
i am new to this knitting thing, i thought knitting was just for old people but as i have started trying to do it today, i have descovered that it is really hard.

i saw that knitting mag a ouple ofmonths ago and thought i would give it a go, its soooooo hard.

i keep getting holes and then it goes too tight, i dont know what i am doing wrong, if anyone would like to give me some pointers that would be great.

thanks. x x x
marieandtom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #6757
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Hi marieandtom. This might be seen by more people in a separate thread in General Knitting or How To. Just click on the Orange 'Start a new Thread' button.

But mostly it just takes practice to get the tension right with sts that are not too loose or too tight. With holes, you may be dropping stitches or accidentally wrapping the yarn around the needle and making a stitch, so count and see if you're adding stitches or losing them. A yarn over is done on purpose in lace knitting, but not something you want otherwise.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #6758
Elsatia
Casting On

New here
I just came across this site while searching how to knit. Look forward to searching around.
Elsatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:21 PM   #6759
IndyPurl
Casting On

Hi there and welcome. I'm brand new too and have learned so much here in just the tips...tons more since reading the forums.
IndyPurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #6760
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

Here are two beanie patterns for you.
http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/freeKn...attern_hat.asp

http://www.allcrafts.net/fjs.htm?url...don-beanie.htm

These don't cover the ears completely. You might want to knit an extra inch in length, just so you know. Welcome. This is a very friendly place.
fatoldladyinpjs is offline   Reply With Quote