Old 03-25-2011, 02:31 AM   #6761
Knitbegin
Casting On

Hi Everyone

I am a VERY new knitter from Australia. By very new, I mean I have only knitted two things so far......but I think I am addicted, which isn't a bad thing!
I am happily married with two little boys (almost 3 years old and almost one year old) so I am kept very busy.
I stumbled across this site whilst trying to work out a pattern for a beanie with ear flaps.........so I am off to post in the "how to" section.
I am sure you will all be a wealth of information for me :-)
Knitbegin is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #6762
blachut
Casting On

Lise, a new grandma
I'm trying to figure out what they mean by: drop next 4 rows leaving 4 loops. Please help, I'm desperate : (
Old 03-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #6763
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Drop the stitch down 4 rows, there was probably an inc of some sort below it. That will leave 4 strands of yarn 'loops' in your knitting.

You can get help faster by starting a separate thread, just click on the orange 'start new thread' button above the thread list.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #6764
BlackRaven
Casting On

Im new here and new to knitting
Hi My name is Katy I got intrested cause my therapist told me it will help with my stress I am disabled I have fibro, porformis syndorme (SI nerve pain),Im bipolar, I have IBS, Neuroply, Chronic pain, next month Im having my nose fixed have bone spurs Ive had back and both elbow surgeries Any way the problem I have is keeping my stitches even in tension and when I get to like my fourth row I see mistakes I have no idea how or why but they are there I started with metal needles but it was to slippery right now practicing Im using bambo needles. right now Im working on a scarf but once I get good enough Im making a blanket and I didnt know how I could do it but I guess I will have to stitch patches together. If anyone has any advice for a newbie I welcome it I learned knitting by youtube but my stitches dont look like the ones on youtube maybe it's the needle or that Im still new at this mine look sloppy can anyone relate?
Thanks
Katy
BlackRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #6765
gramknits
Casting On

to Katy
Hi katy,
You are such a strong person, learning how to knit with all of the other stuff going on! I have a fairly mild case of fibromyalgia and I am so thankful because I could be so much worse.
AS far as your knitting goes, I think it will all get better and you will understand it more the more you practice. You will get your tension straightened out too. I have been using bambee needles and I love them!

Keep on practicing!!

Sally
gramknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:27 PM   #6766
cheqsmom
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to cheqsmom Send a message via Yahoo to cheqsmom
I'm cheqsmom
I've already registered. I'm trying to knit a counting sheep baby blanket from a chart with multiple colors. I have 9 balls of yarn attached to the piece and I can't for the life of me figure out how to keep them untangled for more than one row. It's maddening!
cheqsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #6767
cheqsmom
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to cheqsmom Send a message via Yahoo to cheqsmom
I'm cheqsmom
I've been knitting forever and can't figure out how to keep 9 balls of yarn from tangling everywhere every row! It's maddening. Any suggestions?
cheqsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #6768
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
You could put each one it its own ziplock baggy, that could help. But unless you need an entire ball for each color, you could cut them only several yards long and wind them in bobbins. That should help keep them out of the way a bit better.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:44 PM   #6769
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Originally Posted by cheqsmom View Post
I've been knitting forever and can't figure out how to keep 9 balls of yarn from tangling everywhere every row! It's maddening. Any suggestions?
I find that with that many colors, leaving each strand long and hanging can be easier. You can pull each strand straight out of the inevitable tangle. I don't like bobbins because they seem to catch on each other for me.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #6770
Nemida
Casting On

Hi there I just found out this forum.
Last year I bought Lopi yarn in order to knit some icelandic sweater and I want to learn how to, I hope knit soon

Regards
Nemida is offline   Reply With Quote