Old 12-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #6891
redneckmomma
Casting On

Hey, I'm Karen or kareBear or Momma, depending on my mood lol. I have been knitting for a while, but I'm not very good at it. I learned to knit out of a book on chopsticks one day because I was bored and my mom was trying to teach my to crochet and the pattern book she had showed how to knit. I like the way knitting looks more then crochet so here I am. I just got caught up on my bills enough to get my internet back on and I'm learning all kinds of new things. I just learned how to double knit and discovered how much easier Norwegian purling is. I watched some videos on different co methods I didn't know exist and Portugese knitting. I'm glad I have internet again to watch videos on because my library banned YouTube for some reason. I can't wait to learn more about knitting and I am glad I found this site.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #6892
Moonie
Casting On

Thank you so much for this site. I used many of the helpful guides and videos to help me learn how to knit.

My name is Amanda. I'm 24 and from Washington.
Moonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #6893
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Hi, knittingnanaet and welcome. You may get more answers to your question if you start a new thread in the How To forum; more people may be reading that.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #6894
dyad
Casting On

hi
hi

I am Dee from chicago...I have started to knit a sweater for my unborn baby.... i have made sweater longtime before and now i have some problems knitting the neck . I found this forum helpful for many so like to interact with experts to complete the baby sweater...
dyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:32 AM   #6895
sampson001
Casting On

Hi from Penrith NSW
I am new to this wonderful site. I have been knitting for some 55 years, but never to old to learn new tips, hints and tricks. I love reading about whateverone else is knitting and the problems they are having and the great help you receive from other other forum members. Judy
sampson001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #6896
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Welcome to Knitting Help everyone!

If you have any questions please post them in the other forums we have for various topics. More people will see them that way and can help you.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #6897
lucky500
Casting On

amanda
hello i use to know how to knit, but i cant remember how to get started could someone please heip me
lucky500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #6898
Keba
Casting On

Hello!
Hi everyone! Since I'm not comfortable giving out my name right away, you can call me Keba. I've lurked around this forum from time to time, but I just registered today.

I have been knitting for five years. My favorite things to knit are actually toys. My love of toys is what inspired me to become a knitter in the first place. That, and I worked at Michaels for 10 months. You can't help but want to do something crafty if you work in a craft store.

I'm not sure how frequently I'll post here, but I'm sure that I'll find a lot of useful information in this forum.
Keba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #6899
wynterphoenyx
Casting On

Send a message via Skype™ to wynterphoenyx
Hi all! I'm Kittie, another Washington knitter-in-training. I'm on day 2 of learning how to knit, so I won't be able to contribute much just yet aside from possible comic relief, but I look forward to learning more and getting to know the lovely folks here who've posted so much info that will be helpful to me someday
wynterphoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #6900
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Hi Kittie, don't be shy about asking questions if you run into a problem or need some help. The General KNitting or How To forums are good for that.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
wynterphoenyx (12-09-2011)