Old 02-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #6961
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome RosaMarie

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #6962
Agentmdw
Casting On

Hi :)
Hi all MY names Melissa. Im 23 years old and have NO clue whatsoever how to knit or anything knitting related. When I was about 16 I used to sew my own clothes but thats a long time ago and as far as my craftiness went. Im expecting baby #2 solo and here to learn to knit anything baby related, mostly diaper covers, and things like that.
Agentmdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #6963
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,740 Times in 7,112 Posts
Welcome, Melissa! This is the place to learn! Check out the videos and post in one of the forums if you have questions!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #6964
Agentmdw
Casting On

Thank you Jan
Agentmdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #6965
lorna
Casting On

Hello from Amsterdam
Hello all...

I've actually gone backwards and already posted asking for help without bothering to introduce myself

I started knitting a few months ago and so far have learnt everything I know from the videos on this site

So thank you for your videos and replies to my pleas for assistance already!
lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #6966
momknit
Casting On

Hi Everyone! I'm new at this, but I love this site and have already been helped. Looking forward to getting lots of advice and help.
momknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #6967
k2togpsso
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to k2togpsso
New-bee
I am new to this site after a co worker mentioned it to me. I am definitely having fun looking around. It's very great to see some males who knit. It seems to be a dying art and I feel bad for that. My 5th grade teacher taught me how to knit and that was 50 yrs ago....YIKES!!!! I have never advanced much beyond afghans, shawls, and trying socks but would like to. My mom-in-law is an advanced knitter and has given me some grrrrreat patterns. Has anyone ever heard of the Potato chip scarf?????? I have the pattern and can't wait to start it. BTW, the knitting emoticon is cute as can be.
k2togpsso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:53 PM   #6968
ijustwannaknit
Casting On

Just joined the group
Hello Fellow Knitters!

I just joined the group because I am tired of being frustrated when I hit a speed-bump in my projects. I know there are really great people out there who know what they're doing, and I'd love to share in some of that knowledge. Please! I'm desperate! LOL. Just kidding. I learned to knit from my mom when I was 10 years old, but she is left-handed and always had a hard time teaching me. In fact, I think I learned left-handed, and all I knew how to do was the garter stitch. I had so much fun knitting things back then, even though I never followed a pattern or tried different stitches. Over the years though, I wanted to branch out, so I took a class, got my general basic skills up, and have started to force new and exciting projects on myself ever since.

Due to being a workaholic, and now a new mother, my knitting has taken a backseat, but I am working to reclaim it, and trying to still challenge myself past the basics. I also just recently joined a charity knitting group, so I definitely would love to become more comfortable with what I'm doing.

So, I'm taking a look around, trying to familiarize myself with the site, and how to best be a member on it, and look forward to hopefully solving some of these brain-benders for myself!

I'm off to post my first non-silly question right now!

Thanks in advance so much for all your help. I'm glad to share a passion with other enthusiasts.
ijustwannaknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:02 AM   #6969
CrystalAnne
Casting On

Hi!
I am so excited to have found a site with a forum about KNITTING! I drive my husband crazy jabbering about it, lol. I just picked it up in the last month or so and love how challenging it is.

I am Crystal (Obvious by my screen name lol) and have four kids ages 7, 2, 11mo and 11 mo. (girl boy girl girl). I love crocheting and knitting stuff for my kids, I don't know what I'll do when they grow up and don't want to wear the things I make anymore. I stay home with my kids currently but worked as an RN in a past life. I can't wait to get to know everyone here :D
CrystalAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:45 AM   #6970
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,740 Times in 7,112 Posts
Welcome everyone! Please check out all the forums, ask questions and join the fun!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote